Most Cherished/Most Hated Platinum

DaTruthAboutCats

The title should explain itself. 

We are all trophy hunters of all shapes and sizes. But what we all can relate to, is that Platinum that made our day, week, month, life.

And then there's the Platinums you just despised, you wanted it to end. But if you did without the Platinum, the pain would be worse.

100% are welcomed if you cannot find a Platinum you favor or hate.

You can explain why if you want, but you don't have to.

*I also realize this thread has probably made its rounds. I tried to look and see but couldn't find it. Just trying to add to the community*

Here's mine

My most cherished platinum is tough. There's a few platinums I'd like to choose that made the game better for me to go for the trophy.

But I'd have to go with FF7R. Mainly it's the hardest game I've platted. On top of that I felt the game got better as I tried to achieve the platinum trophy.

One I despise: Vasilis.

Not to publicly hate on a game but by the end of it, I could not wait to be done with the game. And I haven't looked back since.

Honorable mention: Detroit Become Human.

That game keeps opening up the story more once you try and get those trophies. I did not care about replaying because I wanted to know how the story would have played out doing different things 

Edited by DaTruthAboutCats
Disclaimer reasons
  • Like 4

I'd say currently Yooka-Laylee was both of these for me currently. I really enjoyed the pop when I beat the final boss and finally got the platinum, I did it... but I HATED IT NEAR THE END. The minigames and final boss fight were totally BS to me.

Well, at least I was smart not to do the sequel, The Impossible Lair. I would have killed this account. I was smart enough to try it out on an old account first, couldn't stand it after the first few Bee Talions. 👿

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Most cherished would possibly be evil within 2, because I found it hard but managed to do it. I need to bring myself to try to do more games I find difficult. I find it really turns me off trying if I don’t think I will be able to accomplish it.

Most cherished could also be RE7, ghost of tsushima, or death stranding just because I really love the games.

Most hated would definitely be horror tales: the wine. Decided to make it my 125th because I thought I would really enjoy it, but turned out to be one of the worst games I’ve ever played. Such poor quality that it actually makes me mad at Sony for even allowing it to be sold on there store. Now it is forever on the side of my profile as my 125 milestone 😓

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Mr_Fluffy_Pants_ said:

Most cherished would possibly be evil within 2, because I found it hard but managed to do it. I need to bring myself to try to do more games I find difficult. I find it really turns me off trying if I don’t think I will be able to accomplish it.

Most cherished could also be RE7, ghost of tsushima, or death stranding just because I really love the games.

Most hated would definitely be horror tales: the wine. Decided to make it my 125th because I thought I would really enjoy it, but turned out to be one of the worst games I’ve ever played. Such poor quality that it actually makes me mad at Sony for even allowing it to be sold on there store. Now it is forever on the side of my profile as my 125 milestone 😓

I honestly felt the same way with Vasilis, it felt embarrassing to play it. It looked neat on how it was made, but ended up being a meme at best.

Congrats on Evil Within 2 plat. I get really anxious playing horror games, played Alien Isolation about 2 years ago and although it was great, it had me on edge the whole game.

GOT is amazing btw

• Like 1

Sorry for the vague answer but i have to say i enjoy a lot resident evil plats in general, village and 4remake come to mind, ive done both stacks without auto pop and had a great time all the way. Evil within games i saw other user mentioned, both were really enjoyable, specially the first entry i also did twice for ps3 and 4.

FF 7R also had a great hard mode, instead of just buffing enemies hp and damage there were actually new mechanics in fights, so yeah i see a lot of people which i agree in terms of what we like to see for trophy lists.

The fact that those games require multiple playthroughs and instead of doing it just for the plat you are actually having a good time and looking forward to experience the game in a different way.

As for plats i hated, probably black ops 3, i dont even know how i commited to that back then.

Edited by mephisto3dg
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, mephisto3dg said:

Sorry for the vague answer but i have to say i enjoy a lot resident evil plats in general, village and 4remake come to mind, ive done both stacks without auto pop and had a great time all the way. Evil within games i saw other user mentioned, both were really enjoyable, specially the first entry i also did twice for ps3 and 4.

FF 7R also had a great hard mode, instead of just buffing enemies hp and damage there were actually new mechanics in fights, so yeah i see a lot of people which i agree in terms of what we like to see for trophy lists.

The fact that those games require multiple playthroughs and instead of doing it just for the plat you are actually having a good time and looking forward to experience the game in a different way.

As for plats i hated, probably black ops 3, i dont even know how i commited to that back then.

Yea, in FF7R the game makes you play the game in a more strategic way, instead of hacking and slashing your way through. You gotta figure out what works against each enemy. And in turn made me a better player and made some fights a lot more fun!

I basically give up on any call of duty/2k plats because they are either under a pay wall or have to grind for 6 months straight to get them.

And I'm starting to see a horror genre being the favorite. Respectable considering I tend to be too chicken to play them lol

I'm going to cheat a little as well and name a few.

For favorite it's either a RGG game, probably the original Yakuza 3, or Catherine, which I'm also very proud of.

For most hated, it's definitely something where the grind far exceeds the actual gameplay. Contenders are Godzilla, Heroic Legend of Arslan, and 99 Vidas.

Dishonorable mentions for games I'm near plat and too stupid to give up on go to Gauntlet and Diablo IV.

• Like 1

My most cherished platinum is Final Fantasy XIII.  There are many reasons for this.  It was my "first" for quite a few things.  First game I played on PS3.  First game played with trophies.  First game I earned a trophy in.  First RPG/JRPG.  First Final Fantasy I ever played.  First platinum.  Still my favorite game ever.

And the platinum I did not enjoy at all.  The Walking Dead.  I hated that game.  Dark.  Depressing.  No surprise there.  It is a zombie game after all.  For me, the story was meh.  There's a reason it took me over a month to get around to finishing it up and earning the platinum.  I experienced no enjoyment at all while playing it and did not look forward to going home after a long day at work and playing it.  I hated it.  For me, it was a chore. 

• Like 3

Most cherished is probably N++. Losing my save at about 95% the first time, coming back 9 months later and getting it. Following that by getting fastest achiever on the other stack, which I've held since January 2018. Makes it overall a memorable plat for me.

Most hated is tougher as there's nothing I've completely hated start to finish, though there have been moments such as the latter half of the Gauntlet plat. Instead I'll go for Ar Nosurge Plus: Ode to an Unborn Star, simply for how forgettable it was and my not remembering I'd even done it until I started looking through my list for this thread. So hated I forgot it existed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Moridin83 said:

I'm going to cheat a little as well and name a few.

For favorite it's either a RGG game, probably the original Yakuza 3, or Catherine, which I'm also very proud of.

For most hated, it's definitely something where the grind far exceeds the actual gameplay. Contenders are Godzilla, Heroic Legend of Arslan, and 99 Vidas.

Dishonorable mentions for games I'm near plat and too stupid to give up on go to Gauntlet and Diablo IV.

I like the picks, never played any of the Yakuza games but they seem pretty intriguing.

Right there with you on Diablo. It pains me that I gotta get back to that game at some point.

2 hours ago, SoliDeoGloriaIHS said:

My most cherished platinum is Final Fantasy XIII.  There are many reasons for this.  It was my "first" for quite a few things.  First game I played on PS3.  First game played with trophies.  First game I earned a trophy in.  First RPG/JRPG.  First Final Fantasy I ever played.  First platinum.  Still my favorite game ever.

And the platinum I did not enjoy at all.  The Walking Dead.  I hated that game.  Dark.  Depressing.  No surprise there.  It is a zombie game after all.  For me, the story was meh.  There's a reason it took me over a month to get around to finishing it up and earning the platinum.  I experienced no enjoyment at all while playing it and did not look forward to going home after a long day at work and playing it.  I hated it.  For me, it was a chore. 

I really like what you said about FF 13. That's basically how it was with me and FF7R. My first JRPG was FF7 and getting the platinum on the remake when I might have given up if it was another title made it worth it even more.

Never played any Telltale games, they seem like easy platinums but if you're into the story, it does make it a chore. 

• Like 1

I'd say my most cherished is Superhot VR. I put a lot of time and sweat in going for that plat, and I'll always look back on it fondly. 

Most hated is Unrailed. Shit game that I got duped into playing by some friends. We all suffered through it and got the plat but I despise that game. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nauticus87 said:

Most cherished is probably N++. Losing my save at about 95% the first time, coming back 9 months later and getting it. Following that by getting fastest achiever on the other stack, which I've held since January 2018. Makes it overall a memorable plat for me.

Most hated is tougher as there's nothing I've completely hated start to finish, though there have been moments such as the latter half of the Gauntlet plat. Instead I'll go for Ar Nosurge Plus: Ode to an Unborn Star, simply for how forgettable it was and my not remembering I'd even done it until I started looking through my list for this thread. So hated I forgot it existed.

I've always seen n++ as a title but never went and gave it a try. Looks pretty fun. And being the fastest to achieve the Platinum is awesome.

And that's cool you don't have one you absolutely hate. Like I said in the OP, Im not gonna try and publicly hate on a game just for the sake of it. But if you were to ask me about a few games, I would give you my honest opinion. Some are just a waste of time a money.

6 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

I'd say my most cherished is Superhot VR. I put a lot of time and sweat in going for that plat, and I'll always look back on it fondly. 

Most hated is Unrailed. Shit game that I got duped into playing by some friends. We all suffered through it and got the plat but I despise that game. 

Super hot is on the backlog for sure

• Like 1

A recent one for me is final fantasy 7 remake, the final battle at max difficulty with everything at 100% is insane but really fun, but it was brutal, i got the final hit with Aerith at almost 1% health with everyone else down.

A great example of not a great for me is x blaze lost memories , i dont mind the visual novel games, in fact i think the nonary games are amazing, also many vita rpg games have that kind of gameplay, but for some reason this game as story and game didnt click for me, but i just let everything roll and got the platinum after skipping long chats, and im not saying the whole universe or franchise or even the product is bad, but it just didnt click for me, but i popped the game, and i had one trophy in my list, so i knew i had to go for the platinum

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Don_Chipotle said:

A recent one for me is final fantasy 7 remake, the final battle at max difficulty with everything at 100% is insane but really fun, but it was brutal, i got the final hit with Aerith at almost 1% health with everyone else down.

A great example of not a great for me is x blaze lost memories , i dont mind the visual novel games, in fact i think the nonary games are amazing, also many vita rpg games have that kind of gameplay, but for some reason this game as story and game didnt click for me, but i just let everything roll and got the platinum after skipping long chats, and im not saying the whole universe or franchise or even the product is bad, but it just didnt click for me, but i popped the game, and i had one trophy in my list, so i knew i had to go for the platinum

It's been about 2+ years since I've played the game but I remember I used counter attack materia ALOT. Trying not to spoil, but it made the final battle so much cooler because it made me feel like cloud would have fought that way. Congrats on your victory!

3 hours ago, Don_Chipotle said:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My most cherished is Tales of Vesperia on the PS3, it was one of my first platinums and it took ages, it was so grindy and had a lot of missables but it remains my favourite Tales game of the series. It took me 125 hours to do. 

FFX is the honorable mention, I started this and completed the story back in 2014 but then went back to do this post game last year. Due to me struggle with the mini games and also the motivation to max the stats for the bosses, I put this off for years and found this very hard to platinum. My friends helped me with two of the mini games if I have to be honest, so that is why it's an honorable mention, but I was really happy to finally get this plat, as FFX was my very first JRPG 20 years ago. 

Hated plat: Beyond two souls, I died with boredom doing this, hated the story and gameplay. I only played it because it is a free plus title and I liked Detroit so I thought this would be fun. But because I game solo, not only was it a pain the butt to play the whole game using two controllers to get that two player trophy, you had to replay sections of the game many times without the ability to skip scenes. I really hated playing this game. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

My most cherished is Tales of Vesperia on the PS3, it was one of my first platinums and it took ages, it was so grindy and had a lot of missables but it remains my favourite Tales game of the series. It took me 125 hours to do. 

FFX is the honorable mention, I started this and completed the story back in 2014 but then went back to do this post game last year. Due to me struggle with the mini games and also the motivation to max the stats for the bosses, I put this off for years and found this very hard to platinum. My friends helped me with two of the mini games if I have to be honest, so that is why it's an honorable mention, but I was really happy to finally get this plat, as FFX was my very first JRPG 20 years ago. 

Hated plat: Beyond two souls, I died with boredom doing this, hated the story and gameplay. I only played it because it is a free plus title and I liked Detroit so I thought this would be fun. But because I game solo, not only was it a pain the butt to play the whole game using two controllers to get that two player trophy, you had to replay sections of the game many times without the ability to skip scenes. I really hated playing this game. 

As someone who really likes Detroit, thanks for the heads up with Beyond two souls. I hate two player trophies because of the reasons you said

3 hours ago, Feral said:

Most cherished - Red Dead Redemption II. Game is a masterpiece and the trophies were tough but it was so fun to plat.

Most hated - White Night. It was boring and just a pain.

Always wanted the plat for RDR 2 but the multiplayer trophies make me believe it won't ever happen

2 hours ago, sk_lp_him said:

Most cherished: Batman Arkham trilogy, Witcher 3, Cyberpunk 2077, Nier Replicant & Automata

Most hated: Death Stranding

Just started playing Cyberpunk a week ago. The story is a little confusing but liking it so far

• Like 1

My most cherished plat was Hades, loved the game, the game never felt boring no matter how many times I played.

My most hated is FFXIII, I don't hate the game, it's just the damm "all items" trophy that I hate, not forgetting that I was forced to farm superboss for hours to get enough platinum ingots to get all items, it was a pain due how bad the drop system is.

An honorable mention is A Tail of Iron, while the game can be plated on easy, the 100% trophy does not, to get 100% I needed to finish the game in Bloodwhiskers Mode, and this mode is terribly difficult, most enemies off you in a single blow, bosses are true torture, and the DLC had two trophies, I had to take a risk to get 100%, I did finish the game in Bloodwhiskers Mode, but soon as I finished I made a new save file and finished on easy mode and got all superbosses, including the ones from the DLC, and it did popped!! Wasted a few more hours, about 2-3 hours, but I did get a trophy that would take days of training till muscle memory came in.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaTruthAboutCats said:

Always wanted the plat for RDR 2 but the multiplayer trophies make me believe it won't ever happen

I was the same way about them because fuck MP trophies. But they’re really not that bad and online is quite fun even solo.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Someonew said:

My most cherished plat was Hades, loved the game, the game never felt boring no matter how many times I played.

My most hated is FFXIII, I don't hate the game, it's just the damm "all items" trophy that I hate, not forgetting that I was forced to farm superboss for hours to get enough platinum ingots to get all items, it was a pain due how bad the drop system is.

An honorable mention is A Tail of Iron, while the game can be plated on easy, the 100% trophy does not, to get 100% I needed to finish the game in Bloodwhiskers Mode, and this mode is terribly difficult, most enemies off you in a single blow, bosses are true torture, and the DLC had two trophies, I had to take a risk to get 100%, I did finish the game in Bloodwhiskers Mode, but soon as I finished I made a new save file and finished on easy mode and got all superbosses, including the ones from the DLC, and it did popped!! Wasted a few more hours, about 2-3 hours, but I did get a trophy that would take days of training till muscle memory came in.

I love that about tales of iron. I can't really say I've done the same with a game. Closest I've come to doing that is if the ports are on multiple systems. I'll just platinum both of them.

Which Hades comes to mind lol. I also love that game and is what got me into rogue likes/lites. The lore is intriguing enough to where if the game doesn't proceed the way you want to, it still does in one way or another to keep you engaged. The game is awesome and can't talk about it enough

3 hours ago, Feral said:

I was the same way about them because fuck MP trophies. But they’re really not that bad and online is quite fun even solo.

It's still on the to do list but with so many games I've put in the back burner it's more of a wishful thought at this point lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaTruthAboutCats said:

It's still on the to do list but with so many games I've put in the back burner it's more of a wishful thought at this point lol

Good! You haven’t given it up just yet. Well if I can do the MP/plat it then you know it mustn’t be too hard lol.

• Like 1

My most cherised... Has to be Kingdom Come: Deliverance. I was bored one day, looking for a game to play, exploring the ps store and I got to this gem for less than 10 €. I completely fell in LOVE with It. The game bugged though, near the end, a well known bug in which the game never goes back from a cutscene if you have previously started one of the DLC, so I had to play from the beggining again. And even if the reason was that, I loved my time with the game, and the almost 300 hundred hours living as the MC. In fact, I started Skyrim after that one, and I still liked KC more. 

I have other trophies I cherish but they are not the platinum ones. I tried for weeks to finish the cooperative trophy for the Bozak Horde DLC of Dying light. The problem was that everyone who joined expected to be carried and didn't even bothered learning the game. To add on that, the trophy is bugged, so you get to a point where you do everything right and pray for the game to acknowledge it. Then I found a person from the other side of the planet who was also trying to get it and to improve themselves, and after hours trying on different days, we both got the trophy, they were awesome people to play with.

And the most hated, It has to be Chicory. IMO, that game was boring from start to finish, with critical performance issues, and even if it was a short experience, I disliked it a lot. Then, a lot of games started with me liking then but the platinum made me do things that felt boring or unnecesary (I finish one game with level X and there is a trophy to grind to level 100, or those trophies that make you do the same meaningless task 500 times)... But nothing beats Chicory.

• Like 3