Most Cherished/Most Hated Platinum

DaTruthAboutCats

6 hours ago, aceinstincts said:

Most Cherished: Red Dead Redemption 2 Sc18e78.png  

The first game I bought after a long break from gaming. The platinum was challenging and grind-y at times but completely worth it. The game in general was a blast to play and is one of my all time favourites. It did have MP trophies but they weren't too bad, registering every animal was annoying for some but I was too immersed in the world to notice the hours going by

Most Hated: Yakuza 5 S8f9772.png

Another super long game but I felt the time dragging here, getting dog-piled on by enemies every 5 steps, trying to master 4 different characters including the useless Shinada who it's nearly impossible to win the arena matches with.... Love this franchise but this one fatigued me hard and finally getting the platinum just made me feel empty inside

Red Dead 2 was a game I played for awhile but I felt a bit overwhelmed, especially when I realized there were multiplayer trophies. But it is a game I want to get back into.

And by how you describe Yakuza 3. That sounds horrible grind. Never played any of the series though.

6 hours ago, chiino82 said:

@DaTruthAboutCats

SOTC on PS3 requires many playthroughs, and it's pretty infamous for being extremely frustrating in Hard Time Attack mode.  A combo of camera, controls, jank, and Colossi shaking making it more frustrating than fun for sure.  I would go the PS4 version if you haven't started either, although I've not played that version, it's a fair bit easier!  And looks great.  

I've played SOTC way back when it released on the PS2 but never got far enough to try to do the timed attacks. I do know there's a way to upgrade your weapons/horse/etc which made it look like the game would be a lot easier. But never tried it for myself to be sure.

• Like 1

Most cherished for me is Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. It took real perseverance to become skilled enough to climb the ranks in online mode, and even more to complete all the combo trials. I have been playing fighters for ages, but I feel like my skills reached another level in the course of platting UMVC3. To me, the plat represents my dedication as a gamer, the skill I built while working for it, and my love of the franchise.

My most despised is Street Fighter X Tekken. I was disappointed in this game from the beginning, and started and stopped playing many times because I just couldn't get excited about it. The game in general represents a lot of things about fighters in the era that I find frustrating: trying to use customization to interest players (which almost always leads to broken gameplay); too many gimmicks instead of a few well-developed ones; way too much grinding for the trophies; and an overemphasis on eSports and competitive play at the expense of broader appeal (a trap which SFV also fell into at launch).

Don't get me wrong - I'm pleased I got the plat. But whereas UMVC3 represents skill and hard work, the SFxT plat represents an enormous grind and I feel I got little from the experience besides an ultra rare plat.

Edited by MvComedy
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, MvComedy said:

Most cherished for me is Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. It took real perseverance to become skilled enough to climb the ranks in online mode, and even more to complete all the combo trials. I have been playing fighters for ages, but I feel like my skills reached another level in the course of platting UMVC3. To me, the plat represents my dedication as a gamer, the skill I built while working for it, and my love of the franchise.

My most despised is Street Fighter X Tekken. I was disappointed in this game from the beginning, and started and stopped playing many times because I just couldn't get excited about it. The game in general represents a lot of things about fighters in the era that I find frustrating: trying to use customization to interest players (which almost always leads to broken gameplay); too many gimmicks instead of a few well-developed ones; way too much grinding for the trophies; and an overemphasis on eSports and competitive play at the expense of broader appeal (a trap which SFV also fell into at launch).

Don't get me wrong - I'm pleased I got the plat. But whereas UMVC3 represents skill and hard work, the SFxT plat represents an enormous grind and I feel I got little from the experience besides an ultra rare plat.

As someone who hasn't really gotten into fighting games. I've even heard about the grind it takes for some fighting games to get trophies. If I'm not mistaken there's one fighting game in particular (can't remember the title/franchise) that makes top ten lists as hardest games to 100%.

Although I do have a couple platinums that made me a better player or had given me a better experience because I went for the platinum.

But it's cool to see a fighting game giving your skills an overhaul. It's good to see fighting games finally making the thread.

my favor one probly FF14, i got it on PS4 and soon PS5, even after i get plat i still play that game about 17k hours deep in and progress

i don't think i have any hate plat, since most of game i hate, i just drop right awaysince i don't really care about my total completion percent

• Like 1

On 12/3/2023 at 12:53 AM, ShariusTC said:

my favor one probly FF14, i got it on PS4 and soon PS5, even after i get plat i still play that game about 17k hours deep in and progress

i don't think i have any hate plat, since most of game i hate, i just drop right awaysince i don't really care about my total completion percent

Never played 14, but isn't it an MMO? Isn't that one of the harder platinum trophies to get?

And I can respect just dropping a game I don't like. But I (kinda) care about percentage so if I hadn't achieved any trophies I deleted it lol

I am torn between choosing a most cherished platinum, it would be either Crash Bandicoot 1 or Spyro the Dragon 2: Gateway to Glimmer (Ripto's Rage in other versions). Crash 1 is the first game I ever played back on PS1, so to platinum that game decades later was an amazing experience. It even had the addition of time relics, which was one my favorite features in Crash 3. Spyro 2 on the other hand is easily my most enjoyable platinum and another game from my childhood. A chill trophy list, the platinum came smoothly just by playing the game and reaching in-game 100%. I loved the music in Autumn Plains, still my favorite area in videogames. It would be a tie between these two.

But easily my most hated platinum is Damnation, a PS3 game. I got that game (thankfully for free) because it had co-op and back then I played couch co-op with a good friend of mine quite a lot. But this game... my God, it's one of the worst things I have ever seen. I despise it in every single aspect; story, characters, graphics, OST, gameplay... it's so tastelessly bland, I always put it at the bottom of anything platinum-related list I make in my head. Starting from this game I swore to only play games I like or at the very least check gameplay first. I happened across some bad games, but nothing worse than Damnation.

• Like 3

On 10/23/2023 at 9:33 PM, KenjiCBZ said:

Most Cheered: Any relatively hard Platinum

Most hated: Autopopped Stranded Deep, Fall Guys with the custom lobby glitch, and any shovelware 

Edit: I add autopopped Jak 2 (3 too maybe?) due to debug mode 

Didn't realize that this thread refers to your own Platinum, and not any Platinum in general. My bad.

Most cheered: Fall Guys: it's my favourite game and I managed 5 wins in a row countless times "the hard way": I have over 1000 hours across both stacks and around 2000/3000 wins.

Most hated: Vampyr. Terrible game, a crash fest, I got the Platinum by copying a Platinum walkthrough because I couldn't stand playing the game for real.

• Like 1

What a great idea for a topic, OP.

Most hated: Somewhat of a tie between Lollipop Chainsaw and Bodycount. Gun to my head, Bodycount was probably worse. You know the game is bad when the best part was boosting the MP co-op with @juniordrfanatic. I have no idea how they managed to make a singleplayer that boring, especially with the destructible environment, but by god they did it. I'd rather do any of my "hard" or long boosts again than to play through Bodycount again. The trophy list is not hard mind you, but to plat it you need to play the game.

Most loved: More than likely GT Sport. I was never good at racing games, but the MP trophies made me learn racing lines, optimal routes and actually focus on improving just for a chance to win. Granted, I somewhat cheesed it by only learning one track, my beloved Tokyo Expressway, but it was a platinum where I truly felt like I accomplished something since boosting wasn't possible 

Would love to read more opinions from others.

• Like 2

On 12/5/2023 at 7:29 PM, DaTruthAboutCats said:

Never played 14, but isn't it an MMO? Isn't that one of the harder platinum trophies to get?

And I can respect just dropping a game I don't like. But I (kinda) care about percentage so if I hadn't achieved any trophies I deleted it lol

FF14 is strange MMO, rather than raid and pvp you can treat most of thing in that game is single player game, so does most of trophy, all raid that require for trophy now can clear solo since it was old content and player way too overpower for it, other just solo side activity

new raid trophy doesn't require for platinum and pvp has no trophy so you can ignore it

Edited by ShariusTC
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2023 at 7:45 AM, BrickwallBill said:

Hard to do this with a lot of games recently, so many of them give you a trophy within 30 minutes.

Very true. But I can usually tell within a few minutes if I care enough about the game.

On 12/5/2023 at 7:45 AM, BrickwallBill said:

Hard to do this with a lot of games recently, so many of them give you a trophy within 30 minutes.

Very true. But I can usually tell within a few minutes if I care enough about the game.

On 12/5/2023 at 7:58 AM, ZOLANTON said:

I am torn between choosing a most cherished platinum, it would be either Crash Bandicoot 1 or Spyro the Dragon 2: Gateway to Glimmer (Ripto's Rage in other versions). Crash 1 is the first game I ever played back on PS1, so to platinum that game decades later was an amazing experience. It even had the addition of time relics, which was one my favorite features in Crash 3. Spyro 2 on the other hand is easily my most enjoyable platinum and another game from my childhood. A chill trophy list, the platinum came smoothly just by playing the game and reaching in-game 100%. I loved the music in Autumn Plains, still my favorite area in videogames. It would be a tie between these two.

But easily my most hated platinum is Damnation, a PS3 game. I got that game (thankfully for free) because it had co-op and back then I played couch co-op with a good friend of mine quite a lot. But this game... my God, it's one of the worst things I have ever seen. I despise it in every single aspect; story, characters, graphics, OST, gameplay... it's so tastelessly bland, I always put it at the bottom of anything platinum-related list I make in my head. Starting from this game I swore to only play games I like or at the very least check gameplay first. I happened across some bad games, but nothing worse than Damnation.

I really liked the reasons for your platinums. I'm a big OST fan of games. And I haven't played enough of Spyro to know the music as well we you do but it makes me wanna play them to see what you're talking about!

I also have a worst platinum as I've mentioned a few times. The game is called Vasilis. I won't go into it. But I hated that game when I finished it 

On 12/5/2023 at 8:47 AM, KenjiCBZ said:

Didn't realize that this thread refers to your own Platinum, and not any Platinum in general. My bad.

Most cheered: Fall Guys: it's my favourite game and I managed 5 wins in a row countless times "the hard way": I have over 1000 hours across both stacks and around 2000/3000 wins.

Most hated: Vampyr. Terrible game, a crash fest, I got the Platinum by copying a Platinum walkthrough because I couldn't stand playing the game for real.

I may need to boost with you then lol. I haven't played in years but it's the only trophy I need for the platinum.

And I've heard Vampyr is horrible. I think I watched some game play and it looked pretty messy

On 12/5/2023 at 9:25 AM, Letenko said:

What a great idea for a topic, OP.

Most hated: Somewhat of a tie between Lollipop Chainsaw and Bodycount. Gun to my head, Bodycount was probably worse. You know the game is bad when the best part was boosting the MP co-op with @juniordrfanatic. I have no idea how they managed to make a singleplayer that boring, especially with the destructible environment, but by god they did it. I'd rather do any of my "hard" or long boosts again than to play through Bodycount again. The trophy list is not hard mind you, but to plat it you need to play the game.

Most loved: More than likely GT Sport. I was never good at racing games, but the MP trophies made me learn racing lines, optimal routes and actually focus on improving just for a chance to win. Granted, I somewhat cheesed it by only learning one track, my beloved Tokyo Expressway, but it was a platinum where I truly felt like I accomplished something since boosting wasn't possible 

Would love to read more opinions from others.

I think those are the best platinum trophies. Ones that ask you to be better without being impossible. And by the end of the trial you appreciate the game more. Hades is a game for me that comes to mind. Or even Skyrim because it makes you do a bit of everything.

4 hours ago, ShariusTC said:

FF14 is strange MMO, rather than raid and pvp you can treat most of thing in that game is single player game, so does most of trophy, all raid that require for trophy now can clear solo since it was old content and player way too overpower for it, other just solo side activity

new raid trophy doesn't require for platinum and pvp has no trophy so you can ignore it

I'll keep that in mind

• Like 1

This is a fun one! 😁

Most Loved: I would say Crash 4 just for the difficulty alone, honestly. It's a fantastic game in its own right and earns its place in the series easily. Once I get around to finishing up Catherine: Full Body that'll probably take the place of this

Most Hated: Beyond: Two Souls. That's it. "Game" was a snoozefest and the lack of decent flowchart that Detroit: Become Human had makes this one a drag.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KenjiCBZ said:

@DaTruthAboutCats It's very easy to earn, you can just play in custom shows

I may take a look into it

1 hour ago, dezzed said:

This is a fun one! 😁

Most Loved: I would say Crash 4 just for the difficulty alone, honestly. It's a fantastic game in its own right and earns its place in the series easily. Once I get around to finishing up Catherine: Full Body that'll probably take the place of this

Most Hated: Beyond: Two Souls. That's it. "Game" was a snoozefest and the lack of decent flowchart that Detroit: Become Human had makes this one a drag.

Either in this thread or somewhere else, I've heard that Beyond two souls isn't worth the platinum. Which is a bummer because one of my favorite titles is Detroit.

And I appreciate what you and the others have said about the thread. I think it's neat seeing people's answers.

• Like 1

I don't have many Platinums since I just started my journey when I got a PS5 earlier this year, but so far I've enjoyed every game I've played. Unfortunately I simply just don't have the time to waste on something I may not like so everything I've played, so far at least, has been fun.

My Favorite/Most Enjoyable so far has been Gran Turismo 7. When I got the itch to play a racing game over the summer I got GT7 with a Logitech wheel and it's the most fun I've had playing a racing game in years. It's also the first time I've ever played a racing game online & with a wheel. I'm normally not big on multiplayer but the Sport races will have me coming back weekly, even after just getting the Platinum yesterday.

I wouldn't consider it a hated Platinum but certainly the most frustrating for me and that's Crash Bandicoot. I enjoyed the challenge but spent way too many hours on the Bridge/DLC levels going for the Gold Relics. I don't normally want to smash my controller in frustration but I certainly came close a few times with that game haha. I want to play Crash 4 but after getting the Platinums in 1, 2, and 3 this year I think I need to play a few less stressful games first lol. 

• Like 1

Most cherished would be FIFA 16 not just because it's my rarest platinum but because I spent so much time on the online draft trophy. Mainly because I'm not a good gamer even remotely and needing to be competitive to beat other people online is really a challenge for me, so when I got it to earn the platinum it's probably the happiest I have ever been getting a trophy.

Most hated: either Horizon Chase Turbo which I truly just hated every single second I played it and Mafia II not because it's a bad game because the story is great, most of the characters are good among other things, but the game's performance was truly horrendeus. It crashed so many times I lost count, constantly lagged and many game breaking bugs like falling tru the roads, houses diseppearing when entering and many many more other things that maked playing the game a misserable experiance. I had to watch the cutscenes on youtube to be able to appreciate the how good the game and story actually was.

• Like 1

For me, the most cherished is my second platinum ever from the criminally overlooked and underrated PS3 gem Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes. It was a lot of fun, something I'd continued to play long after the platinum for quite awhile back in the PS3 era. Great characters, great dialogue, great gameplay, and it was very loosely and comically based on 16th and 17th century Feudal Japan. Historically inaccurate as hell and I wouldn't have it any other way, examples include a 15-20 foot tall cyborg samurai with a spinning drill the size of a city bus for a weapon. 😂 As for most hated, without question it's all those damned jumping food and any other just tap or hold one button X amount of times until the platinum type of games. 🤪

Edited by Colin_Raleigh
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/9/2023 at 8:28 AM, DadliestGamer said:

I don't have many Platinums since I just started my journey when I got a PS5 earlier this year, but so far I've enjoyed every game I've played. Unfortunately I simply just don't have the time to waste on something I may not like so everything I've played, so far at least, has been fun.

My Favorite/Most Enjoyable so far has been Gran Turismo 7. When I got the itch to play a racing game over the summer I got GT7 with a Logitech wheel and it's the most fun I've had playing a racing game in years. It's also the first time I've ever played a racing game online & with a wheel. I'm normally not big on multiplayer but the Sport races will have me coming back weekly, even after just getting the Platinum yesterday.

I wouldn't consider it a hated Platinum but certainly the most frustrating for me and that's Crash Bandicoot. I enjoyed the challenge but spent way too many hours on the Bridge/DLC levels going for the Gold Relics. I don't normally want to smash my controller in frustration but I certainly came close a few times with that game haha. I want to play Crash 4 but after getting the Platinums in 1, 2, and 3 this year I think I need to play a few less stressful games first lol. 

I'm a couple months too late but racing games in general frustrate me. Something about having to come in first or a certain rank just gets me to be too competitive.

And I've heard about Crash Bandicoot. I will not touch that game lol

On 12/9/2023 at 8:44 AM, erwint0920 said:

Most cherished would be FIFA 16 not just because it's my rarest platinum but because I spent so much time on the online draft trophy. Mainly because I'm not a good gamer even remotely and needing to be competitive to beat other people online is really a challenge for me, so when I got it to earn the platinum it's probably the happiest I have ever been getting a trophy.

Most hated: either Horizon Chase Turbo which I truly just hated every single second I played it and Mafia II not because it's a bad game because the story is great, most of the characters are good among other things, but the game's performance was truly horrendeus. It crashed so many times I lost count, constantly lagged and many game breaking bugs like falling tru the roads, houses diseppearing when entering and many many more other things that maked playing the game a misserable experiance. I had to watch the cutscenes on youtube to be able to appreciate the how good the game and story actually was.

I think I've heard about how bad Mafia 2 performed. But I think they remastered or remade it if I'm not mistaken.

And any sports games I'll never try and platinum because you either gotta pay to get them or spend your whole life grinding

On 12/9/2023 at 9:45 AM, Colin_Raleigh said:

For me, the most cherished is my second platinum ever from the criminally overlooked and underrated PS3 gem Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes. It was a lot of fun, something I'd continued to play long after the platinum for quite awhile back in the PS3 era. Great characters, great dialogue, great gameplay, and it was very loosely and comically based on 16th and 17th century Feudal Japan. Historically inaccurate as hell and I wouldn't have it any other way, examples include a 15-20 foot tall cyborg samurai with a spinning drill the size of a city bus for a weapon. 😂 As for most hated, without question it's all those damned jumping food and any other just tap or hold one button X amount of times until the platinum type of games. 🤪

I'll have to remember the sengoku games. That does sound interesting to play. 

And I refuse to play the my name is mayo type games. Although tempting.. lol

Most hated - Laser League I had a miserable time boosting it with a small group and the game was pure vomit.

Most cherished - The Witcher 3 the first time platting it, it's still in my top 5 all time greatest. Everything about the game screams quality I love it. Too bad the murdered the tv show adaptation what a pile of shit.

• Haha 1

Most Cherished: Gran Turismo 3 and Wipeout HD because I don't really play much racing games these days or even at the time when I was playing those two so it took a lot of time, effort and perseverance to get those done. Max Payne 3 for the same reasons as the previous 2 with Hardcore New York Minute and all the James Bond games because of all the online trophies between them.

Most Hated: Far Cry Classic, Adam's Venture Origins and Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard. All three of them were dull pieces of garbage and I just wanted to get them over and done with as quickly as possible.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2024 at 6:20 PM, JAK-KRIEG said:

Most hated - Laser League I had a miserable time boosting it with a small group and the game was pure vomit.

Most cherished - The Witcher 3 the first time platting it, it's still in my top 5 all time greatest. Everything about the game screams quality I love it. Too bad the murdered the tv show adaptation what a pile of shit.

Lol I actually didn't mind laser league. Some how, some way I got all of the trophies naturally. I remember the last one I got was the one where you had to cut two people in half at once.

And usually any TV adaptation is garbage and I have no idea why. Just make the show just like the book or game

On 2/13/2024 at 9:38 PM, gamelord-2007 said:

Most Cherished: Gran Turismo 3 and Wipeout HD because I don't really play much racing games these days or even at the time when I was playing those two so it took a lot of time, effort and perseverance to get those done. Max Payne 3 for the same reasons as the previous 2 with Hardcore New York Minute and all the James Bond games because of all the online trophies between them.

Most Hated: Far Cry Classic, Adam's Venture Origins and Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard. All three of them were dull pieces of garbage and I just wanted to get them over and done with as quickly as possible.

Yea I work so much myself and all I think about is how I could be finishing whatever game I'm on lol