Most Cherished/Most Hated Platinum

DaTruthAboutCats

3 hours ago, Feral said:

Good! You haven’t given it up just yet. Well if I can do the MP/plat it then you know it mustn’t be too hard lol.

RDR2 is amazing and if I didn't try the platinum while the servers were still available I would be kinda bummed lol

3 hours ago, blazkowicz6 said:

Most Cherished - Far Cry 2,Battlefield Bad Company,Resistance 2,Yakuza 3

Most Hated - No Thing,TDPA: House of Ashes still in the work but getting there slowly,what a boring game

Always wanted to get into the Far Cry and Yakuza series

2 hours ago, ajdidronaught said:

Most cherished for me is Persona 5 Royal. I loved the story, the characters and I was sad when it ended

Most disappointing or awful was Orc Slayer. I mean this game is downright dreadful and I was surprised I stuck at it enough to platinum it

Not sure why but never quite had interest in the persona series. I should give it a try.

And I've heard something about Orc Slayer. And I don't think it was anything good lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kefka1986 said:

My most cherised... Has to be Kingdom Come: Deliverance. I was bored one day, looking for a game to play, exploring the ps store and I got to this gem for less than 10 €. I completely fell in LOVE with It. The game bugged though, near the end, a well known bug in which the game never goes back from a cutscene if you have previously started one of the DLC, so I had to play from the beggining again. And even if the reason was that, I loved my time with the game, and the almost 300 hundred hours living as the MC. In fact, I started Skyrim after that one, and I still liked KC more. 

I have other trophies I cherish but they are not the platinum ones. I tried for weeks to finish the cooperative trophy for the Bozak Horde DLC of Dying light. The problem was that everyone who joined expected to be carried and didn't even bothered learning the game. To add on that, the trophy is bugged, so you get to a point where you do everything right and pray for the game to acknowledge it. Then I found a person from the other side of the planet who was also trying to get it and to improve themselves, and after hours trying on different days, we both got the trophy, they were awesome people to play with.

And the most hated, It has to be Chicory. IMO, that game was boring from start to finish, with critical performance issues, and even if it was a short experience, I disliked it a lot. Then, a lot of games started with me liking then but the platinum made me do things that felt boring or unnecesary (I finish one game with level X and there is a trophy to grind to level 100, or those trophies that make you do the same meaningless task 500 times)... But nothing beats Chicory.

Kingdom Come has been a pretty intriguing game from what I've watched. From countdown lists and trailers, the game is pretty unique and I'll be willing to play it but it looks pretty challenging lol. 

And I have a similar story about your dislike portion of your post. The game is Dead nation, a housemarque top down zombie shooter from like 2013. Decided to try it out this year. Got most of the trophies until I had to beat the hardest most in every level, on top of that I needed co op trophies.

So I reached out to the boosting community on here and found a dude who was better at the game than me. We grinded to the last level.

We grind to the last part of the level, and right when things were looking good for us...game crash. We try again, game crash. We port out save files to our PS5, game crash in the same area. To this day we haven't finished it. As now we decided to take a break to only never return to the game lol. It still pains me months later.

• Like 3

Most Cheered: Any relatively hard Platinum

Most hated: Autopopped Stranded Deep, Fall Guys with the custom lobby glitch, and any shovelware 

Edit: I add autopopped Jak 2 (3 too maybe?) due to debug mode 

Edited by KenjiCBZ
  • Like 1

I flip-flop as to my most cherished on any given day but if you were to ask me today it's probably Alien: Isolation.  Great game and nerve-wracking while trying to get the One Shot trophy.  Came back to it 6 years after I first played it to complete it.  

My most hated has stayed firm.  Its definitely Dynasty Warriors 7.  The grind is so awful.  Literally playing the same mission on repeat 600 times to make it as quick as possible which still equates to like a 30 hour grind.  Also the scholar quiz.  Nothing like having to answer a 500 questions quiz on 3 kingdoms trivia and get all the answers right.  Questions can repeat btw before they have cycled through.  I answered 498 or 499 questions and had to go through questions I already answered for like 20-30 minutes before I got the last questions to appear.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2023 at 3:14 PM, Xillynoc said:

I'll always cherish the process of getting the God of War 2018 plat, my first ever on this account. Close second is Assassin's Creed II on PS4 for how nostalgic it made me.

Hated, though...Arkham City was a nightmare for my wrists, as was Rayman Origins.

Believe it or not I've never played God of War. But even the older ones looked like something I'd eventually pick up.

Why was Arkham City bad for your wrists? Never played it either.

On 10/23/2023 at 3:33 PM, KenjiCBZ said:

Most Cheered: Any relatively hard Platinum

Most hated: Autopopped Stranded Deep, Fall Guys with the custom lobby glitch, and any shovelware 

Edit: I add autopopped Jak 2 (3 too maybe?) due to debug mode 

Never played stranded deep but it's on the backlog. I think I bought it for like 8 bucks when it was on sale way back when. I particularly like the auto pops lol

On 10/23/2023 at 3:50 PM, Duke_Ryle said:

I flip-flop as to my most cherished on any given day but if you were to ask me today it's probably Alien: Isolation.  Great game and nerve-wracking while trying to get the One Shot trophy.  Came back to it 6 years after I first played it to complete it.  

My most hated has stayed firm.  Its definitely Dynasty Warriors 7.  The grind is so awful.  Literally playing the same mission on repeat 600 times to make it as quick as possible which still equates to like a 30 hour grind.  Also the scholar quiz.  Nothing like having to answer a 500 questions quiz on 3 kingdoms trivia and get all the answers right.  Questions can repeat btw before they have cycled through.  I answered 498 or 499 questions and had to go through questions I already answered for like 20-30 minutes before I got the last questions to appear.

That sounds downright awful. Why would that ever be a trophy?

I played and finished Alien Isolation. But for the reasons you've said, I will not try for that platinum. It was a really good game, but my anxiety would be through the roof, getting the platinum lol. Kudos to you and an awesome pick.

My most cherished is Orcs Must Die Unchained. It was not the hardest game that I have ever done, though it was considerably harder than the jokester who wrote the guide gave it credit for with his 4/10 difficulty rating, several people actually asked me for advice regarding the 5 star map trophy, but it certainly was among the grindiest games I have ever done if not the grindiest, it has a cool name and pic, mind numbing grind aside it was a really fun game and it has become fully unobtainable so it will always stay my rarest platinum by quite a bit with its 0.11%.

My most hated has to be Nioh, I hated pretty much every moment of this atrocity and I unironically believe that people who enjoyed this experience have a few screws loose, I would delete this game from my profile out of sheer spite if I could despite all the time I wasted with it for completions sake.

Edited by Dauersack
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DaTruthAboutCats said:

Why was Arkham City bad for your wrists? Never played it either.

All the Arkham games are if you're going for the plat, but to wit: the four main games have challenge modes that want you to face off against waves of enemies and score as many points as possible, sometimes on a time limit. Reaching the highest thresholds on these (to meet trophy requirements) is really only doable if you spam the Beatdown combo, which consists of stunning an enemy with your cape (Circle) and then mashing Square as fast as possible to inflict the 8-9 hits. When I played through the games in chronological order, starting with Origins, doing that over and over on the (now) smaller PS3 controller forced me to hold my right hand above the controller at an angle just to press Square as optimally as possible, and doing so over and over and over and OVER again for every enemy across all the challenges (and CAMPAIGNS, god the campaigns sucked) actually turned my wrist red with the strain, I think I needed to put it on ice afterward. But City managed to be even worse, despite using the PS4 controller instead, because I had to do all the challenges and campaigns four times - once for Batman in the base trophy list, then for Robin, Nightwing, and Catwoman, which left my wrist in even worse shape. It's a miracle there was no lasting damage (that I can see).

• Like 1

My most cherished is Uncharted 4 - it was the first Platinum I ever got. Did it without any guides and that game is one of the greatest games I ever played. I simply got that Platinum because I loved the game which makes it my most cherished.

My most hated is easily My Name is Mayo. Don't know why I bought that game but whenever I look at my platinum list; bums me out seeing My Name is Mayo on there.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dauersack said:

My most cherished is Orcs Must Die Unchained. It was not the hardest game that I have ever done, though it was considerably harder than the jokester who wrote the gave it credit for with its 4/10 rating, several people actually asked me for advice regarding the 5 star map trophy, but it certainly was among the grindiest games I have ever done if not the grindiest, it has a cool name and pic, mind numbing grind aside it was a really fun game and it has become fully unobtainable so it will always stay my rarest platinum by quite a bit with its 0.11%.

My most hated has to be Nioh, I hated pretty much every moment of this atrocity and I unironically believe that people who enjoyed this experience have a few screws loose, I would delete this game from my profile out of sheer spite if I could despite all the time I wasted with it for completions sake.

Wow! 0.11% is definitely respectable. And what you had to do to get through it seems part of the reason why it's still rare lol. My rarest is probably Laser League. It was sub 1% for awhile but now is 1.25% because they announced they were shutting down servers and people flooded to it.

• Like 1

I think my most cherished platinum will be Split/Second. I was a kid without any consoles of my own and we would visit my cousin all the time, who had the fat PS3. Mind you, he was the type to get CoD and NBA every year, so very few games outside that fell on his radar. SInce I was a kid I downloaded a bunch of demos from the shop and would play those endlessly. One of those was for Split/Second, and I loved every second of it. Come now 10+ years later and I have the premium tier on PS+ and realize the game is available there, went and hounded that platinum for a week and reveled in the glory of closing a chapter of my childhood.

Hated? WET, also for PS3. Rarest Platinum I have according to the site, but holy crap this was the worst experience ive ever had going for a platinum. I dont even know WHY I put myself through it the game was dirt cheap on Ebay and I figured it aws worth a try. No, no it was not. Dont bother, its not fun

• Like 1

Most cherished is probably Bloodborne, since it was my first game from the genre and I honestly thought I wouldn't be able to beat it, given all the difficulty related opinions I've read before playing it. 

Most hated... FF7 Remake. 2nd playthrough, you skip the cutscenes, you're left with mediocre combat and running through empty corridors. Apart from the amazing story and cutscenes, this is what I remember most about the game, empty corridors. It's a combination of that, me loving the original and wanting to like the remake overall and being forced to go through it again to get the plat. I've played infinitely worse games and worse plats overall but deeply personally, this has to be my most hated one. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Xillynoc said:

All the Arkham games are if you're going for the plat, but to wit: the four main games have challenge modes that want you to face off against waves of enemies and score as many points as possible, sometimes on a time limit. Reaching the highest thresholds on these (to meet trophy requirements) is really only doable if you spam the Beatdown combo, which consists of stunning an enemy with your cape (Circle) and then mashing Square as fast as possible to inflict the 8-9 hits. When I played through the games in chronological order, starting with Origins, doing that over and over on the (now) smaller PS3 controller forced me to hold my right hand above the controller at an angle just to press Square as optimally as possible, and doing so over and over and over and OVER again for every enemy across all the challenges (and CAMPAIGNS, god the campaigns sucked) actually turned my wrist red with the strain, I think I needed to put it on ice afterward. But City managed to be even worse, despite using the PS4 controller instead, because I had to do all the challenges and campaigns four times - once for Batman in the base trophy list, then for Robin, Nightwing, and Catwoman, which left my wrist in even worse shape. It's a miracle there was no lasting damage (that I can see).

As I've gotten older I have to pause mid game if I'm spamming the same button. I remember playing Diablo 4, I held the button down so much I lost feeling in my thumb for a few weeks lol. Crazy

These games make you work for the platinum 

4 hours ago, JKJosh_ said:

My most cherished is Uncharted 4 - it was the first Platinum I ever got. Did it without any guides and that game is one of the greatest games I ever played. I simply got that Platinum because I loved the game which makes it my most cherished.

My most hated is easily My Name is Mayo. Don't know why I bought that game but whenever I look at my platinum list; bums me out seeing My Name is Mayo on there.

I refuse to buy my name is mayo lol. It's an easy platinum but it has such a reputation I just don't wanna do it. There are a few I've bought like road bustle, but it was a frogger clone and I liked frogger lol

2 hours ago, spartakick1224 said:

I think my most cherished platinum will be Split/Second. I was a kid without any consoles of my own and we would visit my cousin all the time, who had the fat PS3. Mind you, he was the type to get CoD and NBA every year, so very few games outside that fell on his radar. SInce I was a kid I downloaded a bunch of demos from the shop and would play those endlessly. One of those was for Split/Second, and I loved every second of it. Come now 10+ years later and I have the premium tier on PS+ and realize the game is available there, went and hounded that platinum for a week and reveled in the glory of closing a chapter of my childhood.

Hated? WET, also for PS3. Rarest Platinum I have according to the site, but holy crap this was the worst experience ive ever had going for a platinum. I dont even know WHY I put myself through it the game was dirt cheap on Ebay and I figured it aws worth a try. No, no it was not. Dont bother, its not fun

I understand the horrible aspects of these so called games are released the games "Vasilis" and "North" come to mind. I hated those games so much.

And good on you to re-visit your childhood and platinum that game. I did the same with FF7 even if I used the chests to beat the Emerald and Ruby Weapons lol

1 hour ago, the1andonly654 said:

Most cherished is probably Bloodborne, since it was my first game from the genre and I honestly thought I wouldn't be able to beat it, given all the difficulty related opinions I've read before playing it. 

Most hated... FF7 Remake. 2nd playthrough, you skip the cutscenes, you're left with mediocre combat and running through empty corridors. Apart from the amazing story and cutscenes, this is what I remember most about the game, empty corridors. It's a combination of that, me loving the original and wanting to like the remake overall and being forced to go through it again to get the plat. I've played infinitely worse games and worse plats overall but deeply personally, this has to be my most hated one. 

I respect that. I felt like the platinum made me be better at the game and use materia that normally wouldn't use. And it made the endgame more fun because it felt like a fight cloud would have. But yea some of the game did feel a bit empty overall. Like looking for cats in the beginning had me questioning the direction of the game. I still liked it pretty well.

• Like 1

It's funny but my most cherished/hated is the same game. It's the Uncharted trilogy, or if I get specific Among Thieves. As it was the hardest of the trilogy.

I did the whole thing on Brutal difficulty whilst getting the platinum nd it almost made me quit hunting for good. Just far too frustrating.

Edited by ChilledBrandon
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ChilledBrandon said:

It's funny but my most cherished/hated is the same game. It's the Uncharted trilogy, or if I get specific Among Thieves. As it was the hardest of the trilogy.

I did the whole thing on Brutal difficulty whilst getting the platinum nd it almost made me quit hunting for good. Just far too frustrating.

I do believe there should be different versions of platinums based off difficulty. Because the Platinums you and other people have named are some ill never touch lol. But they go in the same bin as the easy ones.

2 hours ago, TheDarkKratos said:

Most cherished would be my very first platinum - God of War (PS3) back in 2011.

Most hated would be Forced. I absolutely DETEST that game. REGRET playing it.

I really need to try out God of War. It's on the backlog for sure

• Like 1

I loved:

Completing Yakuza 0. As much and as consistently as I enjoy my gaming hobby, few games in recent years have filled me with so much laughter, childlike joy and strong emotions all at once. I felt like a kid at an amusement park with the minigames, I laughed to tears at karaoke, and I cried during key story moments.

That's not to say there weren't downsides to the completion list (mainly the tedious grind of the weapon shop), but overall I adored the experience and was thoroughly absorbed with every aspect the game. I also learned how to play shogi because of Y0 (something I had long wanted to try out and finally got an excuse for), and while I already had a decent grasp on how to play mahjong, it was also my first time actually playing it, which was really cool as well.

I hated:

Completing Hello Neighbor. It was a miserable experience through and through, to the point that I don't even want to elaborate. Only saving grace was the brevity, but those 7-10 hours felt like 70-100 anyway.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Umdytr said:

I loved:

Completing Yakuza 0. As much and as consistently as I enjoy my gaming hobby, few games in recent years have filled me with so much laughter, childlike joy and strong emotions all at once. I felt like a kid at an amusement park with the minigames, I laughed to tears at karaoke, and I cried during key story moments.

That's not to say there weren't downsides to the completion list (mainly the tedious grind of the weapon shop), but overall I adored the experience and was thoroughly absorbed with every aspect the game. I also learned how to play shogi because of Y0 (something I had long wanted to try out and finally got an excuse for), and while I already had a decent grasp on how to play mahjong, it was also my first time actually playing it, which was really cool as well.

I hated:

Completing Hello Neighbor. It was a miserable experience through and through, to the point that I don't even want to elaborate. Only saving grace was the brevity, but those 7-10 hours felt like 70-100 anyway.

Hello Neighbor just seems like it would make me anxious and frustrate me. I've never really wanted to try it either.

And I need to play Yakuza at some point or another

• Like 1

Loved:

Whilst it's not my favourite game! Spec Ops: The Line is my favourite platinum as it's a core memory. I was a teenager at the time and was becoming more and more into trophy hunting and I really wanted to platinum it. After months and months of trying due to getting stuck on a helicopter part near the end, I finally got the platinum and I just remember feeling so happy about it :lol:

Hated:

This is difficult as I only platinum games I started which I do a lot of research on first to make sure I'll enjoy it. I guess it's Mantis Burn Racing because I hate car games but a family member started it on my profile and I was trying to keep my percentage about 70%. So I forced my way through it :platinum:

• Like 1

On 11/1/2023 at 3:18 PM, Loz_42 said:

Loved:

Whilst it's not my favourite game! Spec Ops: The Line is my favourite platinum as it's a core memory. I was a teenager at the time and was becoming more and more into trophy hunting and I really wanted to platinum it. After months and months of trying due to getting stuck on a helicopter part near the end, I finally got the platinum and I just remember feeling so happy about it :lol:

Hated:

This is difficult as I only platinum games I started which I do a lot of research on first to make sure I'll enjoy it. I guess it's Mantis Burn Racing because I hate car games but a family member started it on my profile and I was trying to keep my percentage about 70%. So I forced my way through it :platinum:

You have successfully found two games I've never heard of lol. But to comment on forcing your percentage to be >70%. I have so much of a backlog that I just can't go to games much. 

On 11/1/2023 at 9:56 PM, modest_undue1 said:

At this point:

Most Cherished-Concrete Genie. Beautiful game, beautiful graphics.

Most hated-Slyde. Not even gonna say anything.

Been wanting to play Concrete Genie since it's release

• Like 1

Most hated perhaps goes to Rayman Origins... great game, horrible plat.  6 months of playing everyday.   

99 Vida's gets a mention also.  Platted before it was made more difficult, but it was a bug riddled game that would crash often and had to play it through so many times.  Also could not get cross save to function, so spent a fair amount of time playing on vita, only then to have to replay the whole game again on PS3 to get things to pop.  Horrible.  

Most cherished 100% would be Uncharted 3 on PS3.  Some of those harder coop trophies were immense.  

Most cherished Platinum is maybe something I completed recently like Volgarr or Aggelos. Pretty tough games that i honestly thought i would never complete.  Left them for a few years, but once I knuckled down, got them done!  

Most hated platinum that I will most likely never get - Shadow of the Colossus on PS3.  Working on that on and off.  It is one extremely painful trophy list!  

• Like 1