Most Cherished/Most Hated Platinum

DaTruthAboutCats

Most cherished would probably have to be God of War (2018). It was a really nice blend of story, exploration, lore, and challenge especially during post-game. Capping it off with defeating the final Valkyrie for the platinum was very satisfying.

Most hated would have to be between AC Black Flag and Tom Raider due to the unnecessary grind in multiplayer for two games that were otherwise fantastic single player experiences. It bogged down the satisfaction when I finally got the platinums. It was nice that the online trophies could mostly be done solo though.

I also kind of dreaded South Park Stick of Truth since I messed up some of the missable trophies and had to do another playthrough.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, xItsLesterx said:

Cherished: Horizon Zero Dawn. Loved the story, combat and everything about it.

Hated: Far Cry 2. Screw those MP trophies. Always gave up towards the end if it wasn't for the guy I was boosted with. I was so burned out that i didn't even care I was even that close 😂

'

I honestly think multiplayer trophies should be a separate entity for trophies. Some games lose so much attention because the player base is so dried up for multiplayer or the servers are non-existent. 

There's a game I gave up on because it kept crashing on me and the guy I was boosting with. The game was hard enough as it is! Lol

8 hours ago, chiino82 said:

Most hated perhaps goes to Rayman Origins... great game, horrible plat.  6 months of playing everyday.   

99 Vida's gets a mention also.  Platted before it was made more difficult, but it was a bug riddled game that would crash often and had to play it through so many times.  Also could not get cross save to function, so spent a fair amount of time playing on vita, only then to have to replay the whole game again on PS3 to get things to pop.  Horrible.  

Most cherished 100% would be Uncharted 3 on PS3.  Some of those harder coop trophies were immense.  

Most cherished Platinum is maybe something I completed recently like Volgarr or Aggelos. Pretty tough games that i honestly thought i would never complete.  Left them for a few years, but once I knuckled down, got them done!  

Most hated platinum that I will most likely never get - Shadow of the Colossus on PS3.  Working on that on and off.  It is one extremely painful trophy list!  

I didn't expect Shadow of the Colossus to be on the list. I've yet to tackle it myself. What makes it a tough platinum for you?

I have a ton of PS3 games I've gotta try and finish myself

7 hours ago, plafix68 said:

Most cherished would probably have to be God of War (2018). It was a really nice blend of story, exploration, lore, and challenge especially during post-game. Capping it off with defeating the final Valkyrie for the platinum was very satisfying.

Most hated would have to be between AC Black Flag and Tom Raider due to the unnecessary grind in multiplayer for two games that were otherwise fantastic single player experiences. It bogged down the satisfaction when I finally got the platinums. It was nice that the online trophies could mostly be done solo though.

I also kind of dreaded South Park Stick of Truth since I messed up some of the missable trophies and had to do another playthrough.

As mentioned before from me and other hunters. The most annoying trophies to get are collectibles, Co op/multiplayer, or (for me) timed trophies(like speed runs, no hit runs, etc. it's why gone home isnt 100% on my list).

Most cherished: Guided Fate Paradox

Look, there this game on PSP called Zettai Hero Project that I think it's pretty hype. I'd put it on my top 5 favorite games, easy.

Guided Fate Paradox is a sequel to it on the PS3, and it wasn't nowhere near as good; but it did play like it, and it was fine enough.

Getting that plat is the closest I could to get a ZHP plat, and for that I'm pretty happy with it.

They did rerelease the game on Switch last year, so if it comes to PS I'll be platting it for sure.

Most Hated: Date a Live: Rio Reincarnation

Look, I'mma be real with y'all. This game broke me.

I've never seen the anime this is from, but I saw it on the store and I was curious. Looks like anime trash, which seemed right up my alley.

... but wow. This game made me uncomfortable; I've played horror games less scary than it.

My eyes have seen some shit that I will never recover.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 11/8/2023 at 9:26 PM, DesmaBR said:

Most cherished: Guided Fate Paradox

Look, there this game on PSP called Zettai Hero Project that I think it's pretty hype. I'd put it on my top 5 favorite games, easy.

Guided Fate Paradox is a sequel to it on the PS3, and it wasn't nowhere near as good; but it did play like it, and it was fine enough.

Getting that plat is the closest I could to get a ZHP plat, and for that I'm pretty happy with it.

They did rerelease the game on Switch last year, so if it comes to PS I'll be platting it for sure.

Most Hated: Date a Live: Rio Reincarnation

Look, I'mma be real with y'all. This game broke me.

I've never seen the anime this is from, but I saw it on the store and I was curious. Looks like anime trash, which seemed right up my alley.

... but wow. This game made me uncomfortable; I've played horror games less scary than it.

My eyes have seen some shit that I will never recover.

Lol I'm slightly curious on what happened in that game but not wanting to go look to find out.

I have a huge PS3 backlog I may or may not ever get to

Most Cherished: Rock Band 2

One of my earliest plat's and I wasn't even going for it, I just naturally got it. The amount of hours I spent on those music games back in the day was crazy and all of them had extremely difficult plat's that were highly skill-dependent. Skills that may take some months to years to develop but I already had since I've been a musician for over 20 years now so the transition over to the plastic instruments was a fairly easy one to make for me. The only games I was truly good at and still remains as my rarest platinum trophy after all these years at just 1.58% currently. 

Most Hated: Mafia III

Absolutely no doubt about it. Loaded with glitched trophies that require completing the entire game in one sitting and doing it multiple times was an absolute stress-inducing nightmare because you never knew when and if the game might crash on you ruining the run (which happened, multiple times for me). Will never subject myself to that again just because of my experience with this game. Any game that has completely bugged out trophies that require insane workarounds to get, I'm simply not doing anymore. It's not worth it. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mega-tallica said:

Most Cherished: Rock Band 2

One of my earliest plat's and I wasn't even going for it, I just naturally got it. The amount of hours I spent on those music games back in the day was crazy and all of them had extremely difficult plat's that were highly skill-dependent. Skills that may take some months to years to develop but I already had since I've been a musician for over 20 years now so the transition over to the plastic instruments was a fairly easy one to make for me. The only games I was truly good at and still remains as my rarest platinum trophy after all these years at just 1.58% currently. 

Most Hated: Mafia III

Absolutely no doubt about it. Loaded with glitched trophies that require completing the entire game in one sitting and doing it multiple times was an absolute stress-inducing nightmare because you never knew when and if the game might crash on you ruining the run (which happened, multiple times for me). Will never subject myself to that again just because of my experience with this game. Any game that has completely bugged out trophies that require insane workarounds to get, I'm simply not doing anymore. It's not worth it. 

As someone who plays a little guitar, I never could quite get down the game. But never tried hard to get it either. Either way that's an insane feat for sure and those games back in the day were fun to play.

I've mentioned this a few times in this thread, but Dead nation did the same to me and I did not complete the platinum. You had to complete the game on a hard difficult and right at the end of the last mission the game would crash.  I almost broke my controller I was so frustrated. I quit playing the game lol

Most Cherished: Hogwarts Legacy

Normally I have a tendency to give up going for platinums, or get bored and randomly start playing another game (Which is something I may or may not be doing right now), but Hogwarts Legacy was a game I forced myself to complete. I did really enjoy the story, and after completing all the missions I wanted to go for the platinum. However, I was kind of put off of it by the partial playthroughs and all the clean up required to achieve it. This did lead to me putting it off for a while, but I forced myself to get back on the game and finish what I had started.

Most Hated: Life Is Strange 2

While I have a lot of throwaway platinums that I like to pretend I never got, one game which is kind of a little bit above that standard is Life is Strange 2. I played the first one, and I really enjoyed it, and so I thought I would give the sequel a go. Big mistake. I hated it. The episodes felt days long and I really had no motivation to get it done at all. I forced myself to do it thinking it would surely get better but it didn't, and with how easy the game is to get trophies there was no point in me just not getting the platinum.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My most cherished platinum is Scarlet Nexus, that game came out the day before I lost my day. But if I didn't like it I wouldn't have liked it. I loved both routes, I loved the combat, the enemy designs were amazing and the music was a banger. But I just knew that when I knew that I liked it, that I wanted to get this platinum as a sort of closure, and I still look back at the game with a smile.

One I don't have positive feelings about is Jak II, I loved the first one because of how charming and fun the game was and after that I entered Jak II and I disliked it. Giving Jak a voice was something I didn't mind, but making him some angry/edgy protag made me care less about him. The city was also not fun to explore and there's the minigames/challenges. They were the bane of my existence. I don't think that it's a bad game, it's just that what they did with the game turned me off and lose interest in Jak III.

• Like 1

Most cherished plat is by far the Master Chef in Nom Nom Galaxy. What a pain to get the plat, but got it in the end and was very satisfactory.

Most hated plat is Ultimate City Mayor in Cities: Skylines. Wasted sooooo much time getting it and really didn't enjoy the game after 1 hour lol

• Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 5:37 PM, GeorgeAK199 said:

Most Cherished: Hogwarts Legacy

Normally I have a tendency to give up going for platinums, or get bored and randomly start playing another game (Which is something I may or may not be doing right now), but Hogwarts Legacy was a game I forced myself to complete. I did really enjoy the story, and after completing all the missions I wanted to go for the platinum. However, I was kind of put off of it by the partial playthroughs and all the clean up required to achieve it. This did lead to me putting it off for a while, but I forced myself to get back on the game and finish what I had started.

Most Hated: Life Is Strange 2

While I have a lot of throwaway platinums that I like to pretend I never got, one game which is kind of a little bit above that standard is Life is Strange 2. I played the first one, and I really enjoyed it, and so I thought I would give the sequel a go. Big mistake. I hated it. The episodes felt days long and I really had no motivation to get it done at all. I forced myself to do it thinking it would surely get better but it didn't, and with how easy the game is to get trophies there was no point in me just not getting the platinum.

I honestly thought I had replied to you, my bad. 

I think the best platinums are what you mentioned. Ones that you don't really mind playing over again because you like the game so much. Detroit Become Human comes to mind with mine.

And I've heard a lot about life is strange but just didn't look like the game for me. Looked like too much teenage angst for me lol

4 hours ago, Biertje373 said:

My most cherished platinum is Scarlet Nexus, that game came out the day before I lost my day. But if I didn't like it I wouldn't have liked it. I loved both routes, I loved the combat, the enemy designs were amazing and the music was a banger. But I just knew that when I knew that I liked it, that I wanted to get this platinum as a sort of closure, and I still look back at the game with a smile.

One I don't have positive feelings about is Jak II, I loved the first one because of how charming and fun the game was and after that I entered Jak II and I disliked it. Giving Jak a voice was something I didn't mind, but making him some angry/edgy protag made me care less about him. The city was also not fun to explore and there's the minigames/challenges. They were the bane of my existence. I don't think that it's a bad game, it's just that what they did with the game turned me off and lose interest in Jak III.

Never really looked into Scarlett Nexus. But when the games music starts to be something you like amongst the rest of the game, you know the game is special. Nowadays when I hear OG FF7, Undertale/Deltarune, Outer Wilds music. I get a nice feeling of how that game made me feel.

Never really got into the Jak and Daxter series. Although sequels are rarely as good as the first game. Sucks it took you out of the series conpletely

3 hours ago, Mokkajunior said:

Most cherished plat is by far the Master Chef in Nom Nom Galaxy. What a pain to get the plat, but got it in the end and was very satisfactory.

Most hated plat is Ultimate City Mayor in Cities: Skylines. Wasted sooooo much time getting it and really didn't enjoy the game after 1 hour lol

Getting that Skylines Platinum is something I can only imagine on how difficult or grindy it can be. I feel like games like that expect the player to not get the platinum and just build. Lol

• Like 1

Fun topic.

There's so many candidates for a "most cherished platinum" for me. I think I'll pick Gamer from Pacman Championship Edition 2. I was really looking forward to this game, and it didn't disappoint. I could also just play and enjoy without needing to focus on a collectible guide, and I really love retro style games since they're a bit nostalgic for me. It was also a fairly challenging plat so it's satisfying to have.

Honorable mentions: Assassin's Creed III (first plat ever), Atari Flashback Classics I & II, Cities Skylines, Crash Bandicoot, Cuphead, Fallout 3, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Grand Theft Auto Vice City, Hotline Miami, Max Payne 3, Mega Man 11, Monster Hunter World, and The Last of Us. All of these are either sentimental, challenging, and/or fun while the trophy list wasn't overbearing.

As for a most despised plat, I think "despised" is a pretty strong word, and this is also a hard choice, but I'll go with Cat Training Complete! from Catlateral Damage. There's nothing wrong with the game, but its really only a slightly above average "cute haha game" that I'd have rather only played for maybe an hour max, and thus the grind was awful, even if it didn't take THAT long.

Honorable mentions: Call of Duty: Ghosts, I am Setsuna, Resident Evil 6. I'll also mention Oh...Sir! The Insult Simulator would definitely be the "winner" if I had actually taken the time to platinum it!

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 1

My most cherished has to be Darkness 2, I just love playing the game, it also got me into the comic series 

The one I disliked the most without considering shovelware, it has to be Rise of the guardians, that game was just a grind all together even tho it’s a short plat 

• Like 1

Most cherished: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. A great hidden gem on PS3, this game is dense  in lore without telling you everything. The world is lived-in and you are merely one in a line of Arisen that turn up every few decades to fight a dragon in a perpetual cycle of dragons and heroes.  Combat is strategic in a way that  makes monsters feel so much more like actual creatures - not simply  hit point deduction, but what bodyparts you attack influences how they fight and how they go down. The story is very... Japanese, but that just mean it's not being too obvious, leaves things up to interpretation and doesn't bother with filler.

Most despised: Hakosan. Played this one when it left Plus Extra. Even for an easy plat this game is a joke to the point it will display the solutions of its puzzles by hitting one button on te controller. Easily the saddest excuse for a platinum I have - and that is saying something. Technically, Tokyo Runner is even easier (basically, a plat just for starting the game and letting it play itself). but Hakosan just felt so much worse. Not to be confused with Takotan, that one was actually pretty good.

• Like 2

Most cherished would definitely go to my first platinum ever, Bloodborne. All the way back in 2015! I didn't even have an interest in chasing trophies at the time. 100%'d it out of pure enjoyment. 

Most hated, I had to reach for this one since I still love the game. I think it'd be InscryptionIt's a roguelike deck-builder where sometimes you're just left at the mercy of RNG- one bad card draw can potentially ruin a run. 😅

• Like 1

7 hours ago, B1rvine said:

Fun topic.

There's so many candidates for a "most cherished platinum" for me. I think I'll pick Gamer from Pacman Championship Edition 2. I was really looking forward to this game, and it didn't disappoint. I could also just play and enjoy without needing to focus on a collectible guide, and I really love retro style games since they're a bit nostalgic for me. It was also a fairly challenging plat so it's satisfying to have.

Honorable mentions: Assassin's Creed III (first plat ever), Atari Flashback Classics I & II, Cities Skylines, Crash Bandicoot, Cuphead, Fallout 3, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Grand Theft Auto Vice City, Hotline Miami, Max Payne 3, Mega Man 11, Monster Hunter World, and The Last of Us. All of these are either sentimental, challenging, and/or fun while the trophy list wasn't overbearing.

As for a most despised plat, I think "despised" is a pretty strong word, and this is also a hard choice, but I'll go with Cat Training Complete! from Catlateral Damage. There's nothing wrong with the game, but its really only a slightly above average "cute haha game" that I'd have rather only played for maybe an hour max, and thus the grind was awful, even if it didn't take THAT long.

Honorable mentions: Call of Duty: Ghosts, I am Setsuna, Resident Evil 6. I'll also mention Oh...Sir! The Insult Simulator would definitely be the "winner" if I had actually taken the time to platinum it!

Lol Catlateral Damage was my first ever platinum trophy. But I remember being tired of it by the time I got all the trophies. It's not really a game that keeps you interested after a while.

But yea I love seeing people's different perspectives on trophies and games. Seeing different games, some I've never heard of, is interesting.

7 hours ago, JCP3953 said:

My most cherished has to be Darkness 2, I just love playing the game, it also got me into the comic series 

The one I disliked the most without considering shovelware, it has to be Rise of the guardians, that game was just a grind all together even tho it’s a short plat 

I remember watching a buddy of mine playing the first darkness game. Was pretty different for its time

7 hours ago, shadaik said:

Most cherished: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. A great hidden gem on PS3, this game is dense  in lore without telling you everything. The world is lived-in and you are merely one in a line of Arisen that turn up every few decades to fight a dragon in a perpetual cycle of dragons and heroes.  Combat is strategic in a way that  makes monsters feel so much more like actual creatures - not simply  hit point deduction, but what bodyparts you attack influences how they fight and how they go down. The story is very... Japanese, but that just mean it's not being too obvious, leaves things up to interpretation and doesn't bother with filler.

Most despised: Hakosan. Played this one when it left Plus Extra. Even for an easy plat this game is a joke to the point it will display the solutions of its puzzles by hitting one button on te controller. Easily the saddest excuse for a platinum I have - and that is saying something. Technically, Tokyo Runner is even easier (basically, a plat just for starting the game and letting it play itself). but Hakosan just felt so much worse. Not to be confused with Takotan, that one was actually pretty good.

I actually have dragons dogma but haven't given it a shot. By the way you speak of it, it seems like I really should give it another look. I have so many games on the back burner it's ridiculous. I feel like the PS3 had so many titles that go under the radar.

And I have a couple of easy plats myself. Road bustle comes to mind, but after playing a pretty difficult game, an easier platinum can bring my gaming spirits back up.

7 hours ago, MrShovelware said:

Most cherished

Most Hated:

The Taco Quiz 

(it made me hungry)

I'll be honest, I've never heard of either one of those games. Lol

Both titles kind of stand out as something to wonder what they're even about lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ZephyrEvo said:

Most cherished would definitely go to my first platinum ever, Bloodborne. All the way back in 2015! I didn't even have an interest in chasing trophies at the time. 100%'d it out of pure enjoyment. 

Most hated, I had to reach for this one since I still love the game. I think it'd be InscryptionIt's a roguelike deck-builder where sometimes you're just left at the mercy of RNG- one bad card draw can potentially ruin a run. 😅

I almost bit on Inscryption on more than one occasion. I'm just not big on the idea of a deck builder but love rogue-like games.

And a ton of people love bloodborne and to get it organically is awesome because for me that would be a prized platinum to have lol

Most cherished would probably be Nuclear throne.  Quite the journey.  Kept my attention right to the end, then played another 300 hrs.

Despised would be Hades.  Game is fine, but the trophy list is shit.  Also Undertale.  

Edited by maisie666
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, maisie666 said:

Most cherished would probably be Nuclear throne.  Quite the journey.  Kept my attention right to the end, then played another 300 hrs.

Despised would be Hades.  Game is fine, but the trophy list is shit.  Also Undertale.  

Hades and Undertale fall into the category where I liked the game so much it didn't matter how dumb the trophies were. 

Speaking on Undertale, you know Tony Fox likes to troll. It was easy, just time intentionally time consuming. 

Also have nuclear throne on the back burner 

• Like 1

Most Cherished: Crash Bandicoot 2 and Batman: Arkham Origins

In terms of skill (and strict time trial requirements), Crash 2 is still my most impressive plat. And if you're wondering, no, I'm not going to do Crash 4.  I didn't like it that much casually.

spacer.png

As for maximum effort, it was definitely Arkham Origins. 100% the base game, New Game+, Permadeath New Game+, 3-star all the challenge maps/campaigns, and getting a full crew and prestige in a dead multiplayer lobby.

spacer.png

Most Hated: Persona 3 Portable

In terms of the number of achievers, this is my rarest platinum. But, the horrible AI-upscale remaster quality and the level/item grind at the end in order to survive the super cheap Elizabeth/Theo fight made it probably the worst game I've platinumed.

spacer.png

Thanks for posting this thread. It was good to look back for a bit.

Edited by ScottyDaHotty2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ScottyDaHotty2 said:

Most Cherished: Crash Bandicoot 2 and Batman: Arkham Origins

In terms of skill (and strict time trial requirements), Crash 2 is still my most impressive plat. And if you're wondering, no, I'm not going to do Crash 4.  I didn't like it that much casually.

spacer.png

As for maximum effort, it was definitely Arkham Origins. 100% the base game, New Game+, Permadeath New Game+, 3-star all the challenge maps/campaigns, and getting a full crew and prestige in a dead multiplayer lobby.

spacer.png

Most Hated: Persona 3 Portable

In terms of the number of achievers, this is my rarest platinum. But, the horrible AI-upscale remaster quality and the level/item grind at the end in order to survive the super cheap Elizabeth/Theo fight made it probably the worst game I've platinumed.

spacer.png

Thanks for posting this thread. It was good to look back for a bit.

You're welcome. 

I think we've all had trophies we both loved and hated. And what's cool is the difference I've seen. Some of my favorite games have been the most hated and some of the ones I'd hate is some people's most loved.

It's just cool to see everyone's different takes on trophies.

For instance I'll never try to trophy hunt any crash bandicoot games. Knowing how difficult they are known to be. As well as Persona. I believe those games are known to be such a grind to get the platinum trophies. Haven't played those either

• Like 1

Most Cherished: Red Dead Redemption 2 Sc18e78.png  

The first game I bought after a long break from gaming. The platinum was challenging and grind-y at times but completely worth it. The game in general was a blast to play and is one of my all time favourites. It did have MP trophies but they weren't too bad, registering every animal was annoying for some but I was too immersed in the world to notice the hours going by

Most Hated: Yakuza 5 S8f9772.png

Another super long game but I felt the time dragging here, getting dog-piled on by enemies every 5 steps, trying to master 4 different characters including the useless Shinada who it's nearly impossible to win the arena matches with.... Love this franchise but this one fatigued me hard and finally getting the platinum just made me feel empty inside

Edited by aceinstincts
  • Like 1

@DaTruthAboutCats

SOTC on PS3 requires many playthroughs, and it's pretty infamous for being extremely frustrating in Hard Time Attack mode.  A combo of camera, controls, jank, and Colossi shaking making it more frustrating than fun for sure.  I would go the PS4 version if you haven't started either, although I've not played that version, it's a fair bit easier!  And looks great.  

• Like 1