Assassins Creed Franchise 73 million and counting

Damn 73 mill is a huge accomplishment thats for sure. The series has come a long way ever since the first game and I hope they continue to deliver high quality AC games (still haven't gotten the chance to play ACIV unfortunately)

Mr experience with AC was almost like a drug deal. Got AC1 free when I bought my slim PS3 off a guy from work. When I started played that, ACII and Brotherhood were already released. I got ACII as a gift shortly after starting AC1 and then I was hooked. I've gotten all the rest, including Bloodlines, as they came out (except IV, I'm gonna hold out until I get a PS4.) I'm also going to pick up Liberation after I get my platinum in III. 

For a game that I didn't think was my style at all, I sure got sucked in pretty quickly. Not surprised they've sold that many. 

• Like 1

Say what you want about the series, but it's great fun and very popular.

I admit, I have been experiencing a bit of series fatigue (especially with Revelations and 3), but AC2, AC:B and ACIV: Black Flag were all awesome games.

I do want them to try to change up the whole idea/mechanics of the series though, the upcoming 'White Flag' looks like more of the same, unfortunately. They really need some new ideas!

73 million sold games is impressive.  I remember way back when it used to be one game released every other year.  Then it got switched to annual release dates with the first multi-game launch of AC III and AC III:Liberation in 2012.  Now they are going to be doing two games a year (one for PS3/xbox360 and one for PS4/xbox1)......  Oh and don't forget they are starting to release the single player DLC component as a stand alone game?!?!?

At that rate, it won't be long before they run the AC franchise into the ground.  Strike while the iron is hot i guess.

All that being said, AC IV was my favorite of the series and if they continue to deliver that kind of quality while releasing two or more games a year then I'm in full support.