Want to go for Trials of St. Lucia trophies but I'm scared.

HypedPuffer

Well, I have a 100% profile and I really wanted to have this game in there. I never played but I have a physical copy of it.

I know the only way to access is buying from the EU store which I don't know exactly how to do it (step by step) but my major fear is starting and not being able to finish due to poor server connection or not finding people that want to dedicate some time to actually focus on those trophies.

What do you guys say? Is it possible if I start this weekend? I would just focus first on the Trials of St. Lucia first since that's what is going to be missable after December 8th.

Any suggestion, tips or even advices will be really appreciated.

Unless you're an absolute beast at these types of games, I would urge you to do at least one normal playthrough before you attempt the trials or, at the very least, do Gates of Hell mode. You'll need a solid understanding of how the enemies work before you jump in.

Once you know what you're doing, the trials themselves- assuming you have a dedicated partner for the co-op ones- will take you around 7-10 hours altogether if you count a few fails and restarts. They're easy for the most part but there are a handful of tougher ones that stand out- notably Tick Tick Boom and Ascension on co-op. If you start now, you've got plenty of time but go in prepared with a good guide. The trial Gates of Hell 2 alone is around 2 hours long so it pays to know what you're getting into. 

• Like 1

Just don't sync like I did if you are not sure you can do it. Worse case scenario you'll waste your time not your profile. But afraid not, 2 or 3 trials might require a couple of tries but nothing too hard. Just learn how to juggle enemies and you are good to go.

Edited by johncnstntn__

The main game can easily be platinumed in a day or two, which I would recommend doing before playing the trials.

If you find a partner to do the coop trials, you will probably knock them out in a few sessions - took me and my buddy 4 or 5 sessions of a couple of hours each, I think… and I was rusty as hell, and we had plenty of retries and fails along the way, so that was by no means a fast completion.

The SP trials will likely take about the same amount of time the coop ones do - there’s more of them, but they’re mostly pretty easy.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, LC-Fraggers said:

Unless you're an absolute beast at these types of games, I would urge you to do at least one normal playthrough before you attempt the trials or, at the very least, do Gates of Hell mode. You'll need a solid understanding of how the enemies work before you jump in.

Once you know what you're doing, the trials themselves- assuming you have a dedicated partner for the co-op ones- will take you around 7-10 hours altogether if you count a few fails and restarts. They're easy for the most part but there are a handful of tougher ones that stand out- notably Tick Tick Boom and Ascension on co-op. If you start now, you've got plenty of time but go in prepared with a good guide. The trial Gates of Hell 2 alone is around 2 hours long so it pays to know what you're getting into. 

Well, I'm not an absolute beast, I think the only game I already got the Platinum that is similar is God of War: Ascension. Usually I always go for this approach, online stuff first and single player after, but in this case I feel like I should do it ASAP.

Is there any guides that you can recommend to me?

16 hours ago, johncnstntn__ said:

Just don't sync like I did if you are not sure you can do it. Worse case scenario you'll waste your time not your profile. But afraid not, 2 or 3 trials might require a couple of tries but nothing too hard. Just learn how to juggle enemies and you are good to go.

Yeah I have a secondary account for this, so I would just play the game there to experience the game, but I'm pretty confident I can do it.

16 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

The main game can easily be platinumed in a day or two, which I would recommend doing before playing the trials.

If you find a partner to do the coop trials, you will probably knock them out in a few sessions - took me and my buddy 4 or 5 sessions of a couple of hours each, I think… and I was rusty as hell, and we had plenty of retries and fails along the way, so that was by no means a fast completion.

The SP trials will likely take about the same amount of time the coop ones do - there’s more of them, but they’re mostly pretty easy.

I found a partner, just have to find a second PS3 now, good to know about the SP trials too.

16 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

They are not too difficult, I would fear more the inestability of the servers... Try the game on an alt if you want and get a partner before everything else...

That is my biggest fear indeed, I already saw some posts on Reddit saying they stayed like a moth away from the game because you couldn't connect, that is pretty rough if happens.

Do you know if anyone had any bad experience recently with this?

15 hours ago, Startyde said:

You need a partner as dedicated as you for the trails. In late 2023 that's a tall order. 

Yeah that is pretty hard, but I manage to get one, just need a PS3 for him now and we are good to go!

I did the co-op levels with a friend in 3 sessions, each roughly 4-5 hours. I still need to do the solo stuff. 100% bullshit. Some of these challenges can take 1-2 hours, you can't pause, you can't quit. If you have at least 2-3 entire days free, it's doable, but it's insanely annoying, if you have low tolerance for rage-inducing scenarios, I suggest avoid it. Think of the old God of War challenges.

4 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

I did the co-op levels with a friend in 3 sessions, each roughly 4-5 hours. I still need to do the solo stuff. 100% bullshit. Some of these challenges can take 1-2 hours, you can't pause, you can't quit. If you have at least 2-3 entire days free, it's doable, but it's insanely annoying, if you have low tolerance for rage-inducing scenarios, I suggest avoid it. Think of the old God of War challenges.

I don't have a low tolerance, I'm pretty calm actually. I can manage to squeeze some free time to focus on this, can you tell me about the server stability if it was ok to play?

5 minutes ago, HypedPuffer said:

I don't have a low tolerance, I'm pretty calm actually. I can manage to squeeze some free time to focus on this, can you tell me about the server stability if it was ok to play?

I found the servers to be a bit ropey, but it seemed to be dependent on the time of day - I'm GMT on European servers, and I had quite a lot of dropped server connections around lunchtime, but almost none when playing in evenings - so it might be worth figuring out if you get any with the SP trials, and see if playing at a different time of day for the co-op ones helps?

TBH, the bigger problem is the game itself glitching - a lot more of my and my buddies errors came from things like the floor not spawning in (so we immediately died) or enemies being trapped in geometry and impossible to kill, or enemies being thrown into the void, but it not registering as them being dead etc - and those things there is nothing you can do about, you just have to take the unfair loss, pick yourselves back up and try again!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, HypedPuffer said:

We've had zero problems (played on EU account but with UK store copy).

Me and a friend played together on the same internet connection and had 0 issues with lag or disconnects.

We only had a small issue at the start. Your psn account needs to be connected to an EA account to be able to log into the servers. 

I already connected mine before and I just needed to log into the website for it to work. My friend had to connect his account to an EA account via the website. No issues there but he still had trouble logging into the server that day. The next day and the days after no issues whatsoever. Seems like EA needed some time to process the link, i dunno.

On 10/26/2023 at 8:01 PM, HypedPuffer said:

What do you guys say? Is it possible if I start this weekend? I would just focus first on the Trials of St. Lucia first since that's what is going to be missable after December 8th.

Any suggestion, tips or even advices will be really appreciated.

I bought the game in September and started with the Trials right away. It is not too difficult and definitely manageable till the servers going down.

Here are some tips:

• The YT channel "Zenkoto" has playlists for both the SP and the 2P Trials. Here is a link to one of them. You can also just type in "dantes inferno st lucia trials" in the searchbar. These videos can help with some Trials and Enemies.
  • Start with the SP Trials first. Finish them all to get to know how to deal with each type of enemy and to learn Dantes and Lucias movements and attacks. If you have trouble with some trials/enemies, watch a video.
  • Create a session. There are still plenty of players who want to get this done as well. Should not be difficult to find a partner.
  • When I did the Trials, I had zero problems with the servers. So from my perspective that won't cause you any trouble.
  • As @LC-Fraggers mentioned before, Tick Tick Boom and Ascension are the two hardest co-op trials. Tick Tick Boom took me and my partner about 3-4 attempts and Ascension about 7. The other Trials took us usually one if we had bad luck maybe two tries.
  • I had the entire DLC done in 15 h with no Experience of the game before. So you should easily be able to do it before server closure.

Some quick notes for your attacks:

• Dantes cross spam is crazy powerful. You're going to use it a lot.
  • Throwing enemies is really good as well. A lot of enemies die from it right away.
  • Lucia is best when flying and spamming her range attack.

You said "Want to go for Trials of St. Lucia trophies but I'm scared." Don't be scared! It can get challenging, but it is not too difficult. Get yourself familiar with it and you will have it done without much trouble. I personally really enjoyed it.

Edit: I almost forgot, there are community trials for the 666 hit combo trophy. Make sure you play one of them. I heard it is significantly harder to do it in the base game.

Edited by BlueDevl_one
  • Like 3

Thank you everyone for all the tips and advice related to the Trials of St. Lucia DLC Trophies. I already did every trophy but the "Well Played" and of course "It's in the Trial" trophies.

I actually did yesterday and did not had any issues with the server while playing, but I had a couple minor issues with:

• Trying to sync my PSN Account with an EA Account, make sure you have connected both profiles through the EA website.
  • For the upload related trophies like "Creationism", "Lucy I'm Home" and "A Star is Born" I got the message "Failed to upload" when I tried to upload a trial for all of then. But the "Creationism" and "Lucy I'm Home" trophies popped regardless of the upload being successful or not. Since I needed to actually upload a trial for someone to rate my trial 4 stars or more to be able to get the "A Star is Born" trophy I just kept trying to upload again the trial I made for this trophy and it ended up working.
  • "Do me a favor" was tricky because even after rating more than 100 bronze trials the trophy didn't popped, so I just kept rating the silver ones and finally popped (about 110 trials rated). Always making sure my rates were different, for example, I was voting 1, 2, 3 and 4 respectively after finished a trial in the most played section for that specific medal.

The other trophies were just a little grindy (but really fast) but not buggy at all. Probably gonna finish "Well Played" today and start working trough "It's in the Trial" after.

On 10/29/2023 at 4:31 AM, BlueDevl_one said:

You said "Want to go for Trials of St. Lucia trophies but I'm scared." Don't be scared! It can get challenging, but it is not too difficult. Get yourself familiar with it and you will have it done without much trouble. I personally really enjoyed it.

Edit: I almost forgot, there are community trials for the 666 hit combo trophy. Make sure you play one of them. I heard it is significantly harder to do it in the base game.

I'm not scared anymore, everything is going well, I didn't thought the community for this game had set it up the trials to help that much other players, I uploaded that trial for the "A Star is Born" like I said and in less then 5 minutes that trial was already rated 5 stars and I already got the trophy so that was pretty cool.

I got the "Poetry in Motion" trophy like you said, thanks for this tip!

Edited by HypedPuffer

I recommend playing this game in hard difficulty at least to get used to the controls and gameplay. I have also played it in very hard on new game plus as I really liked the game.

Overall doing all trophies before tackling the trials really helps, me and a friend with similar skill level did this in one setting.

Edited by Fiercethetear

Yesterday I was able to finish both DLC. "It's in the Trial" trophy was really hard but we manage to do it. Thank you everyone here that somehow cheered me up for doing in it I was really worried about the servers being bad but I didn't had any issues at all.

For anyone that is trying or is going to try, keep it up, it's really fun. I enjoyed every bit of this DLC, you'll learn to like it.

• Like 1

I stuck at these types of games but I was able to not only pull it off but kick it's ass. The combos may seem kind of overwhelming, but you quickly find out that there are a lot of very simple OP solutions to every single situation the game can put you up against. Flying guys and small guys grab with R2. Most big enemies spam circle. Lot of other enemies around ledges hold L2 and mash square. Mages hold left trigger and hit X until you can launch them into the air depending on your character and air juggle them by just mashing square.

Every single lock has a key, and that key just completely destroys the thing. And invincibility will literally just carry you through so many things. Focus on learning each enemy and you'll quickly realize like, there really aren't that many different types and what seems like a bunch of random combos ends up being ehh a few that don't matter, and then the ones that are just, like, The Answer to a given situation. And there's not actually that many. And as you practice, you'll start finding it very natural when to actually use magic. Be liberal with spamming invincibility (the blue cross magic when you hold L1). Almost always ignore all other magic. Over time you'll find you are using the invincibility magic for specific situations, and you'll have enough to get through till where you can get more mana again.

It's crazy I tried brute forcing it over and over multiple times across a few years. And all it really took was me sitting down and going, no, okay. I'm gonna learn this. Each day I'm going to focus on just one challenge for 30 minutes, and just try t--....

And then suddenly it was only a few days later and I was insatiably hungry for more because I was having so much fun. And that was all on xbox, and while I was waiting for a co-op partner there I started it up on PS3 because I was so rared up lmao. This DLC is actually what made me love the game because it demanded I actually learn it, and when I did that it turned out it was not NEAR as big of a task I'd thought it would be. Stop trying to learn the challenges. And focus on learning given enemies first. You'll get it.

(btw teeny tip for those worried about internet connections. On PS3, use a wired connection. If you get disconnected twice in one day, do a different day but it's pretty rare. On Xbox, don't play with backwards compatibility. When I played on a real 360 it completely cleared up all my disconnects. Hopefully that's helpful for all the double dippers like me).

Edited by Chettlar
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Those trials are not hard at all. 90% of the trials are just a breeze because you can spam your ranged magic attacks and Divine Armor. Some of them are just annoying (you need to rely on RNG) and some of them are just time-consuming. But seriously, all of them are fun! They are more fun than the standard game. I had a blast playing them.

13 hours ago, BubbleJayGum said:

Those trials are not hard at all. 90% of the trials are just a breeze because you can spam your ranged magic attacks and Divine Armor. Some of them are just annoying (you need to rely on RNG) and some of them are just time-consuming. But seriously, all of them are fun! They are more fun than the standard game. I had a blast playing them.

We must be playing different games, because these trials are bs. 

It doesn't help when you get to the very last stage of some of the more challenging trials and instantly die as you and an enemy spawned in the exact same spot.

Yeah, no. These trials are RNG reliant and can be really quite annoying.