Team Building and Character Advice

TIReckoningIT

2 hours ago, RavenScythe said:

Swarm Disaster is going to be hard without good relic setups. If you are still going to keep your main team for some hard end game contents, here are some of my recommendations for builds since I also used some of them before getting better characters:

March

• 4 pc Knight of Purity Palace, 2 pc Broken Keel
  • For relic stats, Effect Hit Rate Body, Speed Boots, Energy Regen Rope, focus on getting her Effect Hit Rate on higher levels, this way her Ultimate will always freeze enemies and you can combine that with the Remembrance/Nihility Path
  • Substats, try getting Defense, HP and Effect RES

Natasha

• 2 pc Passerby of Wandering Cloud, 2 pc Longevous Disciple, 2 pc Fleet of the Ageless
  • Outgoing Healing Body Relic, Speed Boots, Energy Regen Rope, healing scales on HP so get her HP very high
  • Substats, you will need defense so that she can also tank damage

Fire MC

• 2 pc Knight of Purity Palace, 2 pc Guard of Wuthering Snow, 2 pc Belobog of the Architects
  • I just stacked Defense, Effect Hit Rate and HP for Fire MC

Can't say much about Dan Heng, I haven't used him since the tutorial and after some events in Xianzhou.

Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated. 

On 12/24/2023 at 12:51 AM, DColpa said:

I am using Clara, Silver Wolf and Bailu at the moment. Who is a good 4th to use with them?

Well what other characters do you have?

I actually think you have too many different elements to fully make use of Silver Wolf. Ideally she wants mono-quantum (to guarantee the weakness implant type) but you can do dual element too. You may want to replace Bailu with Lynx (quantum) since she can apply aggro onto Clara. Then for the fourth, Hanya (physical) is a great general support for spd, atk, and dmg buffs, or possibly Luka (physical) or maybe even Xueyi (quantum) for subdps.

Otherwise if you're not going to care about the elements (but you still may want to switch Bailu for Lynx), Topaz is probably the best support for Clara to power up her follow ups, else you can't go wrong with Tingyun for atk, dmg, and energy buffs.

3 hours ago, Milktastrophe said:

Well what other characters do you have?

I actually think you have too many different elements to fully make use of Silver Wolf. Ideally she wants mono-quantum (to guarantee the weakness implant type) but you can do dual element too. You may want to replace Bailu with Lynx (quantum) since she can apply aggro onto Clara. Then for the fourth, Hanya (physical) is a great general support for spd, atk, and dmg buffs, or possibly Luka (physical) or maybe even Xueyi (quantum) for subdps.

Otherwise if you're not going to care about the elements (but you still may want to switch Bailu for Lynx), Topaz is probably the best support for Clara to power up her follow ups, else you can't go wrong with Tingyun for atk, dmg, and energy buffs.

Thanks for answering. So far I have the 3 I said above, the main guy, Dan Heng, March, Herta, Natasha, Tingyun, Asta, Sushang, Sampo, Qingque, Serval, Lynx, Guinaifen and Yukong.

I also have more than 10K Steller Jades to spend. 

So you are saying Clara, Lynx, Silver Wolf and one more? Or something else?

9 hours ago, DColpa said:

Thanks for answering. So far I have the 3 I said above, the main guy, Dan Heng, March, Herta, Natasha, Tingyun, Asta, Sushang, Sampo, Qingque, Serval, Lynx, Guinaifen and Yukong.

I also have more than 10K Steller Jades to spend. 

So you are saying Clara, Lynx, Silver Wolf and one more? Or something else?

Are you planning on doing some of the harder contents? Memories of Chaos, Swarm Disaster, things like that?

55 minutes ago, DColpa said:

Yes! Love this game.

You will need a Hypercarry/Main DPS based on your current characters. Clara doesn't function like that and is more likely suited as Tanky Sub-DPS. You can create a team like this for now: Clara, March, Lynx, Support (Tingyun/Asta). You have March there to cast a shield on Clara and this will also raise her agro. You will want Clara to take on the agro most of the time because this will trigger her FUA. I don't have Bailu so I can't really comment on her but I have well-built Lynx and is much preferred IMO to have her for harder contents since she has a CC Cleanse.

Now for Hypercarry characters, there is Blade who is available right now but you are missing some characters that will make him really shine. He is still quite powerful though and deals massive raw damage once you have leveled up his Traces and have gotten great Relics.

There is also Kafka who will be coming out with Ratio in the second half of 1.6 and you have some characters that will work great with her (Sampo and Guinaifen). Unlike Blade though who deals raw damage, Kafka will revolve around DoTs. It now depends on which playstyle you would like.

Silver Wolf.. hmm.. a bit hard to make team compositions atm with your current line-up. You can build Sushang as a main DPS and go with something like Sushang, Clara, Silver Wolf and Lynx. Her element implant will work better if you only have 1 or 2 elements on your team so keep that in mind to make better teams comps that will include her.

Edited by RavenScythe

2 hours ago, RavenScythe said:

You will need a Hypercarry/Main DPS based on your current characters. Clara doesn't function like that and is more likely suited as Tanky Sub-DPS. You can create a team like this for now: Clara, March, Lynx, Support (Tingyun/Asta). You have March there to cast a shield on Clara and this will also raise her agro. You will want Clara to take on the agro most of the time because this will trigger her FUA. I don't have Bailu so I can't really comment on her but I have well-built Lynx and is much preferred IMO to have her for harder contents since she has a CC Cleanse.

Now for Hypercarry characters, there is Blade who is available right now but you are missing some characters that will make him really shine. He is still quite powerful though and deals massive raw damage once you have leveled up his Traces and have gotten great Relics.

There is also Kafka who will be coming out with Ratio in the second half of 1.6 and you have some characters that will work great with her (Sampo and Guinaifen). Unlike Blade though who deals raw damage, Kafka will revolve around DoTs. It now depends on which playstyle you would like.

Silver Wolf.. hmm.. a bit hard to make team compositions atm with your current line-up. You can build Sushang as a main DPS and go with something like Sushang, Clara, Silver Wolf and Lynx. Her element implant will work better if you only have 1 or 2 elements on your team so keep that in mind to make better teams comps that will include her.

Thanks. Silver Wolf and Clara are my highest levels so for now. I also just got Ruan Mei.

For now I will make a team with Sushang, Clara, Silver Wolf and Lynx and I will work towards Clara, March, Lynx and Tingyun. Or are you saying thanks to Ruan Mei I have to switch it up? 

4 hours ago, DColpa said:

Thanks. Silver Wolf and Clara are my highest levels so for now. I also just got Ruan Mei.

For now I will make a team with Sushang, Clara, Silver Wolf and Lynx and I will work towards Clara, March, Lynx and Tingyun. Or are you saying thanks to Ruan Mei I have to switch it up? 

Nice! Ruan Mei is very versatile and can fit into various team comps. She just provides a lot of various buffs that can greatly amplify your DPS units. She works really well too on a dual DPS setup.

On 12/28/2023 at 7:18 AM, RavenScythe said:

Are you planning on doing some of the harder contents? Memories of Chaos, Swarm Disaster, things like that?

I just finished simulated world 5 today. It was rough, I barely made it through that final boss, but my team was only level 60, so were their cones, and I hadn’t optimised their relics even slightly.

Is swarm disaster really on par with MoC? Scraping through world 5 without grinding relics had given me hope that it’d be pretty easy once I could consistently grind 5* ones, but MoC is an insane step above SU considering I can’t even clear Forgotten Hall yet. A little concerning if that’s what awaits me lol.

Been running Argenti as DPS with Bronya, Gepard and Natasha, but got advice today to swap Natasha out for Lynx. Would you say this team is good enough, once properly built? I also have a Yanqing and his signature lightcone, but I haven’t invested in that because I’m told he’s terrible.

22 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Is swarm disaster really on par with MoC? Scraping through world 5 without grinding relics had given me hope that it’d be pretty easy once I could consistently grind 5* ones, but MoC is an insane step above SU considering I can’t even clear Forgotten Hall yet. A little concerning if that’s what awaits me lol.

MoC is definitely on the harder side specially when you are trying to get 3 stars. I'm having some difficulties with the current MoC9 tbh, I need a second sustainer unit like Fu Xuan so I'm definitely gonna go for her rerun. I might just settle with 2 stars if I cannot complete this in 10 cycles.

2SG0FGI.png

Swarm Disaster on the other hand should be more manageable but you still need well-built units though. Recommended paths to take to cheese Swarm Disaster are Remembrance, Nihility and Abundance.

28 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Been running Argenti as DPS with Bronya, Gepard and Natasha, but got advice today to swap Natasha out for Lynx. Would you say this team is good enough, once properly built? I also have a Yanqing and his signature lightcone, but I haven’t invested in that because I’m told he’s terrible.

Yeah swap out Natasha for Lynx. Lynx has a full-party CC cleanse that is quite helpful for Swarm Disaster runs. Lynx and Gepard have been my go-to combo for harder contents.

14ccH7O.png

I can't say much about Argenti but damn you have a good support unit to assist him imo. Bronya with that very helpful action-advance and damage boost skills, Lynx and Gepard for sustain, I'd say it is a pretty good team for a Hypercarry like Argenti. Now you just need to improve their Traces and get good set of Relics.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Is the new f2p harmony light cone better than the old one for Bronya+Jingliu?

Dreamville Adventure: +12% DMG when using the same type of move as the wielder.

Past and Future: +16% DMG for next ally after wielder uses skill.

Jingliu should get at least 2 turns for every 1 Bronya turn, so that's 2x +12% instead of 1x +16%. So it should be better right?

4 hours ago, Milktastrophe said:

Is the new f2p harmony light cone better than the old one for Bronya+Jingliu?

Dreamville Adventure: +12% DMG when using the same type of move as the wielder.

Past and Future: +16% DMG for next ally after wielder uses skill.

Jingliu should get at least 2 turns for every 1 Bronya turn, so that's 2x +12% instead of 1x +16%. So it should be better right?

I would personally stick to Past & Future (obviously until getting her 5* Battle Isn’t Over LC from standard banner.) At S5 Past & Future gives 32% dmg & works with literally any DPS you pair Bronya with going forward, whereas Dreamville S5 only gives 20% dmg to the same atk type which adds annoying complications & less flexibility.

For example if you use Bronya’s skill & then get her ult & use her ult right before Jingliu’s skill, Jingliu then gets no dmg boost on her skill, & it also obviously doesn’t work well for dps characters like DHIL or Blade who use basic attacks as their main damage.

Edited by smudgedhorizon

7 hours ago, smudgedhorizon said:

I would personally stick to Past & Future (obviously until getting her 5* Battle Isn’t Over LC from standard banner.) At S5 Past & Future gives 32% dmg & works with literally any DPS you pair Bronya with going forward, whereas Dreamville S5 only gives 20% dmg to the same atk type which adds annoying complications & less flexibility.

For example if you use Bronya’s skill & then get her ult & use her ult right before Jingliu’s skill, Jingliu then gets no dmg boost on her skill, & it also obviously doesn’t work well for dps characters like DHIL or Blade who use basic attacks as their main damage.

That's a really good point. I didn't even think about the ultimate messing things up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2024 at 2:57 AM, the1andonly654 said:

DHIL or Jing Juan? I could probably get one of them with what I currently have saved. DHIL seems to have more dmg potential, but I'm lacking a good lightning dps character. So since Dr Ratio covers the imaginary element, I'm leaning towards Jing Juan. 

Thoughts? 

If you're interested in DHIL, now is probably the best time because Sparkle in the next phase is probably going to be his best support. DHIL ideally needs 3 sp every turn except for after his ultimate he only needs 1. Sparkle increases max sp, recovers sp, increases party damage when sp is used, and provides action forward. (But Sparkle is probably actually better for Qingque since she has an additional quantum only boost). Hanya will also be good for sp regen, as will Huohuo and Tingyun to restore energy faster. I've seen people say that while Jingliu is the best DPS at E0, DHIL becomes the best at E2. DHIL is going to be great for moc.

Jing Yuan to maximize his potential needs to unleash 4 skills or 2 skills+ultimate every time before lightning lord gets a turn. This is to maximize lightning lord's hits, but he'll still do a lot of good damage even if you can't max out the hit count. So Bronya over Sparkle is probably his best support to try to maximize lightning lord's hits. Otherwise all the same supports as DHIL are good (except Hanya isn't needed as much). Jing Yuan is going to be good for both moc and pure fiction.

DHIL definitely hits a lot harder than Jing Yuan, the tricky part is ensuring enough sp every turn. But Jing Yuan + Bronya needs the same amount of SP. So I think DHIL is the better unit, but given these two I'd still pick Jing Yuan. I feel sp management is going to be a bit more relaxed which will open up more viable team compositions. Plus personally I need more coverage in pure fiction right now, not moc, and Jing Yuan'll be a step up from Serval.

Alternately if you want to roll the dice, Acheron should be coming in 2.1, she looks to be a lightning DPS with some pretty unique mechanics (like having a totally different mechanic than energy for ultimate). But she's nihility so not sure if she'll be able to carry on her own or is more suited for like dual DPS.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Milktastrophe said:

If you're interested in DHIL, now is probably the best time because Sparkle in the next phase is probably going to be his best support. DHIL ideally needs 3 sp every turn except for after his ultimate he only needs 1. Sparkle increases max sp, recovers sp, increases party damage when sp is used, and provides action forward. (But Sparkle is probably actually better for Qingque since she has an additional quantum only boost). Hanya will also be good for sp regen, as will Huohuo and Tingyun to restore energy faster. I've seen people say that while Jingliu is the best DPS at E0, DHIL becomes the best at E2. DHIL is going to be great for moc.

Jing Yuan to maximize his potential needs to unleash 4 skills or 2 skills+ultimate every time before lightning lord gets a turn. This is to maximize lightning lord's hits, but he'll still do a lot of good damage even if you can't max out the hit count. So Bronya over Sparkle is probably his best support to try to maximize lightning lord's hits. Otherwise all the same supports as DHIL are good (except Hanya isn't needed as much). Jing Yuan is going to be good for both moc and pure fiction.

DHIL definitely hits a lot harder than Jing Yuan, the tricky part is ensuring enough sp every turn. But Jing Yuan + Bronya needs the same amount of SP. So I think DHIL is the better unit, but given these two I'd still pick Jing Yuan. I feel sp management is going to be a bit more relaxed which will open up more viable team compositions. Plus personally I need more coverage in pure fiction right now, not moc, and Jing Yuan'll be a step up from Serval.

Alternately if you want to roll the dice, Acheron should be coming in 2.1, she looks to be a lightning DPS with some pretty unique mechanics (like having a totally different mechanic than energy for ultimate). But she's nihility so not sure if she'll be able to carry on her own or is more suited for like dual DPS.

Thanks for the detailed response. Yeah, I definitely won't be able to get both DHIL and Sparkle but I already have Bronya and got her to E1 when I lost the 50/50 on the current banner, which is pretty good for SP regen. Jing Yuan it is then. 

On 2/19/2024 at 2:50 PM, Milktastrophe said:

But she's nihility so not sure if she'll be able to carry on her own or is more suited for like dual DPS.

I ain't a math guy so I dunno if people have already math'd it out and shown otherwise, but, also worth mentioning Acheron has a trace where she gets damage buffs when 2 more nihility units are in her party so her team comps might be pretty limited. Seems like a character you're gonna have to really invest in and might not be able to just throw into any generic team.

Don't go crazy trying to make the absolute perfect team. It's not really necessary unless you want to do the endgame non-trophy related stuff. I got everything done with a team of Sushang, Gepard, Tingyun and Asta. And Sushang is apparently not even all that great for DPS.

The hardest thing to do in the entire game is the tier 4 swarm challenge for landing on the final boss with 0 moves left. Nothing else comes close besides MAYBE the Argenti fight (part of the new DLC pack), and even that's not that bad if you don't try and rush it.

If you're going to roll for anything, make it a good healer/shield maker. To me, they are the most important part of any team. Without a good one, swarm disaster will kick you to the curb

Edited by ChibsSoA

On 2/23/2024 at 4:07 AM, ChibsSoA said:

Don't go crazy trying to make the absolute perfect team. It's not really necessary unless you want to do the endgame non-trophy related stuff. I got everything done with a team of Sushang, Gepard, Tingyun and Asta. And Sushang is apparently not even all that great for DPS.

The hardest thing to do in the entire game is the tier 4 swarm challenge for landing on the final boss with 0 moves left. Nothing else comes close besides MAYBE the Argenti fight (part of the new DLC pack), and even that's not that bad if you don't try and rush it.

If you're going to roll for anything, make it a good healer/shield maker. To me, they are the most important part of any team. Without a good one, swarm disaster will kick you to the curb

You don’t even need to do that challenge since you can just grind out the hidden challenges instead, so it’s even less important to have a perfect team.

7 minutes ago, madbuk said:

You don’t even need to do that challenge since you can just grind out the hidden challenges instead, so it’s even less important to have a perfect team.

IIRC you do have to do it to get remembrance(?) high enough to be able to do the second ending. The side challenges will get you just under the amount you need without doing it. I want to say it needed 15 points. Unless there are some new challenges that weren't there before.

9 hours ago, ChibsSoA said:

IIRC you do have to do it to get remembrance(?) high enough to be able to do the second ending. The side challenges will get you just under the amount you need without doing it. I want to say it needed 15 points. Unless there are some new challenges that weren't there before.

Nah, I have the trophy and haven't done it. Maybe you skipped a difficulty 3 challenge?

What do you guys think about Sparkle's light cone on Ruan Mei (don't have Ruan Mei's light cone). That 10% crit rate will bring my Jingliu to 100%, but don't think I can get both Sparkle and the light cone (plus I already have Bronya).

Her cone gives 10% crit rate and 28% crit DMG to allies for wearer's first 3 turns and then for 4 turns after wearer generates 4 sp.

So ideally you're either winning within 3 turns or generating 4 sp every 4 turns which Sparkle can do easily. Ruan Mei can get 4 sp every 6 turns. Maybe if I'm lucky that downtime will be when Jingliu is not enhanced.

My other thought was Hanya might even be able to do 4 sp in 3 turns with careful usage of burden, but probably wouldn't work for like single  enemy. Anyone else this light cone might work well on?

Edited by Milktastrophe

On 3/2/2024 at 5:16 AM, Milktastrophe said:

What do you guys think about Sparkle's light cone on Ruan Mei (don't have Ruan Mei's light cone). That 10% crit rate will bring my Jingliu to 100%, but don't think I can get both Sparkle and the light cone (plus I already have Bronya).

Her cone gives 10% crit rate and 28% crit DMG to allies for wearer's first 3 turns and then for 4 turns after wearer generates 4 sp.

So ideally you're either winning within 3 turns or generating 4 sp every 4 turns which Sparkle can do easily. Ruan Mei can get 4 sp every 6 turns. Maybe if I'm lucky that downtime will be when Jingliu is not enhanced.

My other thought was Hanya might even be able to do 4 sp in 3 turns with careful usage of burden, but probably wouldn't work for like single  enemy. Anyone else this light cone might work well on?

I don't think it is worth it and IMO, Sparkle is the only one who can fully utilize her sig LC. I have a Hyperspeed Sparkle (161 Speed) and she has 100% uptime on her ult so she has her sig LC's buff up most of the time in 2-3 turns. 2 turns if she gets hit which happens quite a lot since I put her together with a Preservation/Abundance character together on one side plus she is quite tanky with 5k+ HP and 1.5k Def so she can eat those Blast or AoE attacks without problems.

Edited by RavenScythe

• 5 weeks later...