Has PS Plus ever gotten you into a series?

Got both Infamous games on Plus and enjoyed them both, Second Son is on my list to buy now.

Golden Abyss has got me back into the uncharted games will be hitting 2 and 3 once I've platted Golden Abyss.

Would never have played Spec Ops: The Line without PS+

Id say it hasn't got me into a series but a series actually got me into ps plus, i wanted to buy the jak trilogy back in august but it was cheaper to buy 3 months ps plus and get the trilogy for free ( this was before the one month subscription existed) in this 3 months i realised how great ps plus is and will be a member for as log ad i have a ps3/ps4

I had never played a Sly Cooper game until the first one went free on PSPlus - cant say it got me into the series as I havent played all of them since, but it did giblve me an appreciation of the series and I got Theives in Time as a result of it :)

Yep :)

Borderlands - I bought all dlc after finishing the campaign and when 2 came out, bought day 1 disc.

Infamous

Littlebigplanet

Spec ops - not my kind of game but I really liked it. Not a series actually

And I played some + games along those years but I think they were not a series.

IMO, This is why PS+ is great. With PS+ being required for online on PS4, maybe some of my friends will finally play some games that aren't Call of Duty, Battlefield, Grand Theft Auto or free iPhone games. I like to keep variety in my game library and PS+ only makes more variety. The games they pick tend to be good ones to.

As of now, I'm anxiously awaiting a sequel to Sleeping Dogs on PS4 and I pre ordered Disgaea 4 for my Vita because I loved Disgaea 3 that much.

My only gripe about PS+, DAT BACKLOG!

Edited by Blue Flare

It actually hasn't gotten me into any series. I don't really play many of the games gotten for free on PS Plus, unless you count Gravity Rush which I did play, but it doesn't have a sequel yet.

I never got into a serie because of PS+

However, I always had plans to play/buy certain games, but money always seemed an issue.

Most games that I really enjoyed were not part of a series (for now).

However if there would be sequels announced for certain PS+ games like Kingdoms of Amalur, Dragon's Dogma, ... I would consider a purchase.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess Uncharted. Got Golden Abyss on plus, then bought 3 - It was ok - plan on getting first 2 sometime soon.

Would never have played Gravity Rush, but it is SO GOOD!!! :)

Moto GP 13 - Got it on Vita, played it  on a whim, it was actually pretty enjoyable...

Probably 1 or 2 I've missed...

PS+ introduced me to BlazBlue. I'd never heared of it before (it's not as well known like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Dead or Alive or Tekken) but I'm really enjoying myself on my way to the platinum (it will take a while :P). I might even get some future installment to the series. I like the combat mechanics, and they put a lot more effort into the story compared to traditional fighters mentioned above.