Servers closing on March 31st, 2024, plus the DLCs will be delisted

HuntingFever

This honestly makes me really sad. This was one of the most fun online games I have ever played, and the PvP in Armored Core VI just can't compare to this game.

Good luck to everyone going for the plat. You should not wait to start it.

Edited by CelestialRequiem
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Fiercethetear said:

Half the trophies are online jeez

8 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Here's the Guide so that should give you at least a rough idea of what to expect: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/13077-armored-core-verdict-day-trophy-guide

I find the guide to be incomprehensive in regards to what we should be delineating as "online" or not.

The online modes make perfect sense to me, in terms of needing to be done before closure.

But where the co-op is concerned, as well as the Hardcore mode, has anyone put in the time to actually see which trophies are specifically

· "Online Required"

· "Offline"

· "Online Recommended (can be done offline; skill dependent)"

so that we're not rushing to Plat/100% when we don't need to?

I'm sure the guide took awhile to write, and I appreciate the author updating the disclaimer at the top so quickly, I just don't feel like enough consideration is being given to the aforementioned breakdown and the entire list is just being assumed as "Online Required" because some people may be struggling to solo certain levels. I've sat on the title since about January so, yes, it's not in my list but I want to approach it with as much information as possible ASAP. Q1 2024 is facing dozens of AAA shutdowns and it's going to be a balancing act doing trophy list cleanup, so the more we know the better.

• Like 1

I have never played this game but the impression I get from the guide is that you might as well go for the full game completion as it seems like the hardest trophies require coop (Though correct me if I am wrong). Not criticizing the guidewriter or anything, but I suppose this is one of those games that you have to play first in order to see how it goes.

Edited by Fiercethetear
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Moostache7 said:

I find the guide to be incomprehensive in regards to what we should be delineating as "online" or not.

The online modes make perfect sense to me, in terms of needing to be done before closure.

But where the co-op is concerned, as well as the Hardcore mode, has anyone put in the time to actually see which trophies are specifically

· "Online Required"

· "Offline"

· "Online Recommended (can be done offline; skill dependent)"

so that we're not rushing to Plat/100% when we don't need to?

I'm sure the guide took awhile to write, and I appreciate the author updating the disclaimer at the top so quickly, I just don't feel like enough consideration is being given to the aforementioned breakdown and the entire list is just being assumed as "Online Required" because some people may be struggling to solo certain levels. I've sat on the title since about January so, yes, it's not in my list but I want to approach it with as much information as possible ASAP. Q1 2024 is facing dozens of AAA shutdowns and it's going to be a balancing act doing trophy list cleanup, so the more we know the better.

I'm not trying to challenge you because I was an author on the guide, but how can you possibly be confused?

Anything that is saying that's online required means that you're required to earn it through the permission of AC:VD's servers. Offline means it's a trophy that can be done offline or has no association with the online mode. Online recommended means that it's recommended you use the aid of online functionality.

But I'll explain it to you like this: You should consider the entire game online. The game operates on having an online save, and an offline save. These two modes do not interact with each other, and have no crossover beyond AC data. This means if you have a million Au (currency) in online mode, but the servers are offline and you have to play in offline mode, you will have no money in offline mode unless you started that save file in offline mode and earned that much money.

Did you read the trophy descriptions on why we gave it those tags? It would have answered your question, no offense.

EDIT: Just so you don't think I'm being a dick, you need to be more specific on what needs to be made clearer, then I can look at the guide and adjust accordingly.

Edited by CelestialRequiem
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Fiercethetear said:

I have never played this game but the impression I get from the guide is that you might as well go for the full game completion as it seems like the hardest trophies require coop (Though correct me if I am wrong). Not criticizing the guidewriter or anything, but I suppose this is one of those games that you have to play first in order to see how it goes.

Sorry for double-posting here, but yes. The game operates very uniquely as a PS3 game where while some trophies are possible offline, you will want to earn this plat entirely online to not double the amount of time it takes.

To make it loud and clear for this thread: earn this platinum BEFORE THE SHUT DOWN. Not just the online trophies, that way you aren't doing the same things twice.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, CelestialRequiem said:

The game operates very uniquely as a PS3 game where while some trophies are possible offline, you will want to earn this plat entirely online to not double the amount of time it takes.

To make it loud and clear for this thread: earn this platinum BEFORE THE SHUT DOWN. Not just the online trophies, that way you aren't doing the same things twice.

To respond to your request for specifics, I think it's a matter of how the guide was written regarding the use of tags.

There is no standard way of writing a guide, I will grant any guide author that, however, you asked me to go through each trophy description while also saying to do all these trophies with the online active. I would consider this a contradictory statement, because it's either doable or not doable offline. I'm looking less at recommendations for how to complete the list, and more required services to complete the list. If something is virtually possible offline, that's what I'd want to know in asking this.

I'm intending to take the recommendation to complete the entire game by March 31st, no question. But in the event that I cannot walk away with the 100% by then due to time and other commitments, I would like to know where I can get away with ignoring trophies until post-shutdown. From what I can gather, the hardcore mode would be perfectly acceptable to wait until after shutdown to approach? I'm getting conflicting information on that between your guide and what others are posting.

Additionally, you say that if I start the game offline then my currency will be saved offline and not be lost after shutdown. Did I miss somewhere in the guide that mentions this? Is there a exploit/strategy here I should consider if I'm saving some of the trophy list for after the shutdown? These things seem vital if the guide is going to remain relevant beyond the year 2024.

EDIT:

I'm not looking for the guide to be revised, in any way. I'm just looking for clarification on what could virtually be done beyond March 31st.

Edited by Moostache7
Clarification

9 hours ago, Moostache7 said:

To respond to your request for specifics, I think it's a matter of how the guide was written regarding the use of tags.

There is no standard way of writing a guide, I will grant any guide author that, however, you asked me to go through each trophy description while also saying to do all these trophies with the online active. I would consider this a contradictory statement, because it's either doable or not doable offline. I'm looking less at recommendations for how to complete the list, and more required services to complete the list. If something is virtually possible offline, that's what I'd want to know in asking this.

I'm intending to take the recommendation to complete the entire game by March 31st, no question. But in the event that I cannot walk away with the 100% by then due to time and other commitments, I would like to know where I can get away with ignoring trophies until post-shutdown. From what I can gather, the hardcore mode would be perfectly acceptable to wait until after shutdown to approach? I'm getting conflicting information on that between your guide and what others are posting.

Additionally, you say that if I start the game offline then my currency will be saved offline and not be lost after shutdown. Did I miss somewhere in the guide that mentions this? Is there a exploit/strategy here I should consider if I'm saving some of the trophy list for after the shutdown? These things seem vital if the guide is going to remain relevant beyond the year 2024.

EDIT:

I'm not looking for the guide to be revised, in any way. I'm just looking for clarification on what could virtually be done beyond March 31st.

I mean dude, no offense, but it's pretty obvious...

image.png?ex=65996772&is=6586f272&hm=a3a

All of the trophies that are listed as "online required" means you have to do them online.

Anything that is NOT in that category is technically possible in offline mode.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Anything that is NOT in that category is technically possible in offline mode.

This is not an obvious statement, as many other guides on this website (ex. Killzone Mercenary) exclude trophies with on online technical requirement. I appreciate you clarifying your previously conflicting statements.

16 hours ago, CelestialRequiem said:

To make it loud and clear for this thread: earn this platinum BEFORE THE SHUT DOWN.

For anyone just jumping in, this isn't necessary.

• Haha 1

Just now, Moostache7 said:

This is not an obvious statement, as many other guides on this website (ex. Killzone Mercenary) exclude trophies with on online technical requirement. I appreciate you clarifying your previously conflicting statements.

For anyone just jumping in, this isn't necessary.

Nothing was conflicting, but no problem.

And no, it isn't necessary, but it is easier. I'm glad you're an expert on the game, though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CelestialRequiem said:

I'm glad you're an expert on the game, though.

I've conceded that I am here for answers, and I don't appreciate the passive aggressiveness. Will keep this in mind if I come across any more of your guides.

I've shown precisely where there was some confusion in my last reply, there are contradictory statements being made in the Verdict Day threads, not only by you but by other players. All I wanted was clarification. I can list several other games where guides have misused the tag system and left out the actual technical requirements of trophies.

Hopefully other players coming through can read and see that you have, in fact, given a 100% accurate assessment of what is and isn't online - and what will and won't be obtainable post-shutdown - by using your guide, as you assert.

1 minute ago, Moostache7 said:

I've conceded that I am here for answers, and I don't appreciate the passive aggressiveness. Will keep this in mind if I come across any more of your guides.

I've shown precisely where there was some confusion in my last reply, there are contradictory statements being made in the Verdict Day threads, not only by you but by other players. All I wanted was clarification. I can list several other games where guides have misused the tag system and left out the actual technical requirements of trophies.

Hopefully other players coming through can read and see that you have, in fact, given a 100% accurate assessment of what is and isn't online - and what will and won't be obtainable post-shutdown - by using your guide, as you assert.

I'm sorry man, but nothing by me has had conflicting information. If you read the guide, it goes into why specific trophies have online/co-op tags -- and that's because it's easier in those modes. The guide specifically mentions it was written with co-op in mind. Anything listed as "Online Only" means there is no offline alternative.

You even sardonically said "This isn't necessary" when the full post mentions that I recommended that to be easier/less time consuming. If you want to only get the online only stuff immediately and save the game for later, go for it -- it'll just be worse for you, but that's fine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The guide was meticulously made with even the possibility of a shutdown in mind. People not understanding the way it's presented is their problem; not the guide's. Sorry/not sorry but if anyone comes through and sees this clown act, just understand that you ought to seriously consider what the guide says and not what some random guy who hasn't played the game has to say about it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

... seriously consider what the guide says and not what some random guy who hasn't played the game has to say about it.

I am asking questions, I have not asserted anything about what can and can't be done post shutdown. I am receiving contradictory statements about what is/should be possible after the shutdown occurs.

This was meant to save myself and other players time and stress, and has been met with condescension, so forget it. I'll figure it out on my own. Good luck to anyone new coming in here, don't bother asking questions or else the Premium users will give you flack and gatekeep!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Moostache7 said:

In what way will Hardcore Mode be more difficult without the online services?

Where was it ever said that it would? That is one trophy in the grand scheme of the plat. Why are you also asking about the only trophy that has to be done in an offline save (something the guide makes clear of, btw).

Is this the hill you want to die on? Being constantly wrong about a game you've never played?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

If you want to only get the online only stuff immediately and save the game for later, go for it -- it'll just be worse for you, but that's fine.

Right here is where it was said that it'd be more difficult.

1 minute ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Is this the hill you want to die on? Being constantly wrong about a game you've never played?

All I've done is asked questions.

Enjoy your holiday, unfollowing the thread.

Edited by Moostache7
typo
  • Haha 1