Servers closing on March 31st, 2024, plus the DLCs will be delisted

HuntingFever

What is being said here is accurate. Some of the single player S Ranks/Subquests are so difficult to achieve solo that they might well be impossible yes. As for the online stuff itself, even if you could do the special sorties solo offline it likely wouldn't matter as again, some of them would be impossible solo.

In terms of if the platinum is worth going for. I have some memorable memories of the game when it comes to taking on the special sorties so I'd say yes. However, certainly only start up the game if you can get Co-Op partners. While there is such a thing as a godlike random, they're still going to need a team to help them as they work their magic.

@CelestialRequiem It has been a long while since I did the game, but I seem to recall quitting out at a certain screen if the area listed was the incorrect one for the special sortie I wanted. I don't recall if it allowed you to then special sortie again or you just saved yourself the time of fighting a special sortie you didn't need to, but helpful either way. I noticed that you said that the team shares the points that allow the special sortie. That is accurate from what I remember, but something that should I think be mentioned as I seem to recall this happening with me, was the fact that people can break off the team and charge up the points by themselves, then recruit the other people. Such a detail allows co-op groups to even be 6+ as the spare people can charge up points and then go on a mission with people from the main group.

On the note of co-op teams, I noticed that you say that you want a co-op partner and then say up to 3. While correct, it should be stated that you can actually have a team of 5 people as the fifth will act as an Operator marking enemies for their allies. The 5th person will earn trophies for defeating the special sortie bosses too.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

This is a very niche question but as someone who likes to leave their games near completion (1-2 trophies away from plat/100%), would it be safe to leave both "Coordinator" and "Artist" trophies purposely not obtained? They seem like the perfect candidates as they don't affect the gameplay and (I assume) would still be obtainable after the shutdown.

Just really want to double-check with those who know the game inside out... any customization trophy gives me Evolve and Army of Two flashbacks 😅

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

This is a very niche question but as someone who likes to leave their games near completion (1-2 trophies away from plat/100%), would it be safe to leave both "Coordinator" and "Artist" trophies purposely not obtained? They seem like the perfect candidates as they don't affect the gameplay and (I assume) would still be obtainable after the shutdown.

Just really want to double-check with those who know the game inside out... any customization trophy gives me Evolve and Army of Two flashbacks 😅

Yes, those can be saved for last.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hysteria said:

A question do I need to beat the story & get S ranks to get a good build ? Or I can go to MP trophies right away?

Technically you can go to MP right away but you'll have weak equipment at the start.

Better equipment becomes available for purchase as you increase your player rank. It's increased by either playing through campaign and getting high ranks/subquests done or by earning medals in MP.

To be able to buy all parts recommended for world bosses you have to be rank A.

• Like 2

On 12/23/2023 at 8:10 PM, Rozalia1 said:

What is being said here is accurate. Some of the single player S Ranks/Subquests are so difficult to achieve solo that they might well be impossible yes.

Got platinum in 2014 solo (using custom UNACs, they are needed for some online world bosses) and i can assure that S Ranks and Subquests are perfectly doable solo. Heck, some of the requirements can only be achieved playing solo as far as i remember.

• 5 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

I started to play this game and it’s ultra bad from what I see. Graphics is from 2006 or worse and it’s basically loading simulator because everything in this game need to load. Very very bad . Story missions is a joke also.

Thank you period .

On 2/13/2024 at 11:34 PM, pavelbagirov said:

I started to play this game and it’s ultra bad from what I see. Graphics is from 2006 or worse and it’s basically loading simulator because everything in this game need to load. Very very bad . Story missions is a joke also.

It's an online-focused game from 2013 on the PS3. When you eventually play in offline mode, everything will load faster.

"ultra bad" lmfao, this dude.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/13/2024 at 11:34 PM, pavelbagirov said:

I didn't like this game even after getting 91% of the trophies (still don't like it today) and I normally like almost all of From Software's work. I'll finish up Hardcore Mode for the Platinum, but I will likely hate doing it the entire time. I wouldn't say it's bad though. It's just really grueling and unforgiving even for a From Software game. You can't just play as a tank and blow shit up and expect the game to be fun as a result. It's not going to be easy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

im wondering whether im going to bother with this

someone asked whether this game is fun. to be quite honest, as someone who's played all 16 armored core titles (on console) out there, AC:VD is merely an OK game

but the main reason i say that is because im such a massive fan of the game that came before it, Armored Core V

the mission design and map size in Verdict Day are a massive step down from ACV.  i have many fond memories of 100%-ing V on x360, and not too long ago again on ps3 (besides the online trophies)

VD is also way more online focused than the previous game. not a big online fan myself so...yea the game is a bit of let down to me

there's no point in 100%-ing a game you dont enjoy much

it's also quite odd that many AC fans complain about ACV being too online focused and having little single player content, when it has literally the biggest campaign in the series. it's got two campaigns, actually

i cleared AC6's campaign last week, i think i'll go back to this game and clear the last two missions i need to S-rank. ive been playing solo so far and those last two are pretty hardcore

someone also complained about the loading. the stages in both ACV and ACVD actually load insanely fast. it does take some upfront time when you start up the game, im guessing it's loading in as many assets into memory as it can or whatever, and connecting to the online server, etc and menus can be laggy but other than that you can jump into a stage fairly quickly

Edited by ifyucantbeatmeXD

30 minutes ago, ifyucantbeatmeXD said:

someone asked whether this game is fun. to be quite honest, as someone who's played all 16 armored core titles (on console) out there, AC:VD is merely an OK game

AC: VD's fun is much deeper to reach than past AC games. I've played all of the other AC games too; but level design matters a lot in fifth gen because of how you specifically interact with it in V/VD. VD is one of my favorites in the AC series (top three for sure) because of its complexity, and the finesse you need to have in order to play it optimally.

It doesn't have the modern AAA flair that VI has, but it is wayyyy more mechanically deep than VI is.

22 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

AC: VD's fun is much deeper to reach than past AC games. I've played all of the other AC games too; but level design matters a lot in fifth gen because of how you specifically interact with it in V/VD. VD is one of my favorites in the AC series (top three for sure) because of its complexity, and the finesse you need to have in order to play it optimally.

It doesn't have the modern AAA flair that VI has, but it is wayyyy more mechanically deep than VI is.

i think V has the best level design in the series, that's why i love it so much. also the mission design made me adapt my builds alot. i love the urban maps especially.

AC6 i cleared all 3 routes with the exact same ragtag build i threw together back in ch2 when i started the game...it's a pretty game but not very deep, i agree. 

On 2/29/2024 at 7:51 AM, ifyucantbeatmeXD said:

i think V has the best level design in the series, that's why i love it so much. also the mission design made me adapt my builds alot. i love the urban maps especially.

AC6 i cleared all 3 routes with the exact same ragtag build i threw together back in ch2 when i started the game...it's a pretty game but not very deep, i agree. 

I would say get on it and do it while there is a month left. The online portion is mainly just 7 bosses. Any other online trophy comes along the way easy enough. You’re near done with campaign so you’re nearly there. If interested a discord link for the AC players on this game can be provided. 😎

I think this is the kind of game that needs to be approached with open mind, patience... and on top of that, the will to learn the mechanics. I know that people want to rush it ASAP since in less than a month the server will self-destruct... I mean, shutdown (I've played too much AC). I also had a really rough start in the beginning, but the more I played it, the more I started to like it. It's a niche game for sure and not everyone's cup of tea, but the community is absolutely marvelous and is helpful. When you have such a dedicated community the platinum will be a fun experience.
This was my first AC and, well, a good introduction to the franchise. From what I heard some people like it, some people don't, but it's a good mech game and the way you can assemble the Core of your dreams, top-notch!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Chad Core: Verdict Chad

I was overwhelmed with the menus and the weakness system, but it forced me to change my weapons and nothing is more satisfying than struggling on a mission and using the knowledge YOU gained (because you have been paying attention right?) and then destroying the mission because you understand the game correctly.

And the dialogue and story, the game does a great job as making you feel like a mercenary and only seeing a small part of the war as people come and go, and even went through the wiki to understand each character more and their motives for war. If Kojima tells a very theatrical war story with Metal Gear, then the Armored Core team tells a more lonely isolated mercenary which no chance of peace, just a trying to find a reason to exist

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...