Your IP has been blocked temporarily due to too many update requests

Don't know why but all of a sudden I get the above message when I try updating my PSN profile. I'm a premium member so I'm not sure what's going on. 

Any one know what's going on?

Thanks

this happens if you update your account every few minutes, or A LOT of times during the day, dont have an exact number, message Sly to take you off that list, just do it too much. 

Is that really the case? Even if you're a premium member?

Kinda crummy if it is since the reason people pay is to be able to update as often as they want.

Edited by rsoto1125

I update as often as I get a new trophy pretty much. Probably an average of a couple of platinums a week at the moment. But I've never had this problem before so I don't think it's because I'm updating more now. Definitely not hitting the 100's of updates a day just yet. 

But as a premium member, it shouldn't matter yeah? 

Is that really the case? Even if you're a premium member?

Kinda crummy if it is since the reason people pay is to be able to update as often as they want.

I update as often as I get a new trophy pretty much. Probably an average of a couple of platinums a week at the moment. But I've never had this problem before so I don't think it's because I'm updating more now. Definitely not hitting the 100's of updates a day just yet. 

But as a premium member, it shouldn't matter yeah? 

This happens, PREMIUM MEMBER or not, it takes a lot of work to refresh account, you do have the ability to update anytime you want, just dont abuse it. 

Don't know how to put multiple quotes in so;

@HARD_ANGEL_FAN: What constitutes abuse though? Under Premium member benefits, you get to update every 60 seconds. 

@closertim: I like to update my profile constantly as I get new trophies. It's pretty much why I bought a Premium membership. 

Don't know how to put multiple quotes in so;

@HARD_ANGEL_FAN: What constitutes abuse though? Under Premium member benefits, you get to update every 60 seconds. 

@closertim: I like to update my profile constantly as I get new trophies. It's pretty much why I bought a Premium membership. 

Abuse.... 60 seconds REFRESH, 60 seconds REFRESH, 60 seconds REFRESH, if you keep doing that multiple times THAT my friend is abuse. 

Abuse.... 60 seconds REFRESH, 60 seconds REFRESH, 60 seconds REFRESH, if you keep doing that multiple times THAT my friend is abuse. 

I don't mean to keep flogging a dead horse but that is not abuse. That is the terms and conditions of the benefits of the Premium membership. 

I don't mean to keep flogging a dead horse but that is not abuse. That is the terms and conditions of the benefits of the Premium membership. 

you can believe whatever you want...im telling you from Experience...i didnt just get here and taking guesses on how this works. 

Nope just using the same land line IP as always. 

you can believe whatever you want...im telling you from Experience...i didnt just get here and taking guesses on how this works. 

I think you're getting a bit side-tracked here.

1) I don't update every 60 seconds, if you read my earlier posts you'd deduce that I'd update a maximum times of 102 trophies a week. 

2) This is not about belief, you're misinterpreting semantics (re: abuse) and the benefits of a Premium membership.

3) You're basing your experience off a sample size of one I presume. That's not going to convince me. 

4) I have not changed my updating behaviour at all, this is a rare occurrence outside of what is normally expected. 

Nope just using the same land line IP as always. 

I think you're getting a bit side-tracked here.

1) I don't update every 60 seconds, if you read my earlier posts you'd deduce that I'd update a maximum times of 102 trophies a week. 

2) This is not about belief, you're misinterpreting semantics (re: abuse) and the benefits of a Premium membership.

3) You're basing your experience off a sample size of one I presume. That's not going to convince me. 

4) I have not changed my updating behaviour at all, this is a rare occurrence outside of what is normally expected. 

if you dont update too much throughout the day/week, message sly and he will remove your IP *i think* =)

Something incessant like that I can definitely agree with being abuse.

I just hope it isn't abuse to want to update every 10 or 30 minutes for example.

There's probably plenty of folks out there who spend an entire weekend trophy hunting and watching their stats grow.

I'm guessing you are updating your profile through your cell phone on 3G/4G data? Like lporiginalg said, if you update your profile multiple times using your cell carrier your IP will automatically be blocked temporarily.

Nope, just the usual land line as always. 

Edited by Vigawla

Since you were using your landline, and you were blocked, it means you were updating too much. It's as simple as that. You'll be unblocked once the system is updated.
There's a fine line between updating when you want to and abuse. You've crossed that line and updated enough to put a strain on the system, and therefore you were blocked. I imagine it's because you've been updating more than 100 times per week, which is pretty unnecessary. It's not like you get a prize for updating every time you get a trophy or that your stats are going to be higher just because you update more. So, just try not update so much. It's not like anyone is constantly monitoring your profile to see if you got a new trophy.
What I do is, I update when I switch games or at the end of a session. So, sometimes that's every 20min or so, sometimes that's every few hours. Your stats are going to be the same no matter how often you update, and if you do switch games and want to update a couple times an hour to reflect the progress, or if you get an awesome UR trophy and want to update to show it off, then you can. But seriously, there's no reason to update after every trophy. If anything, it's hurting you, because you have to take the time to stop playing and upload to Sony's servers then update your account.

I'm guessing you are updating your profile through your cell phone on 3G/4G data? Like lporiginalg said, if you update your profile multiple times using your cell carrier your IP will automatically be blocked temporarily.

I did not know that was a thing, but it explains why I would get the same message every now and then. Thanks for the info