Brotato Release

MaRo-1000

2 hours ago, MaRo-1000 said:

In the EU Store it says 30.01.2024.

How much u think it will cost?

It’s £3.99 on steam so probably no more than £5.

I’ve not played it but it’s a roguelike

34 minutes ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

Well, since you didn't post any images, synapses, videos, or any freaking information on the game at all, I'll take a stab in the dark and say...

ndbb96k.png

helpful

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, YesImAPwnda said:

Uhhh finally, been playing it on my Steam Deck on every longer train journey 😃

Same, I've had this game on my SD for a while now. Really fun 'Vampire Survivor' style game with more roguelike elements to it. Might end up double dipping with this one; I'm a fan of the trophy icons. 

31 minutes ago, askrzyk said:

Is this the first "bullet-heaven" game on PlayStation? I can't think of another that has released earlier.

bullet-heaven? never heard of that, but maybe look up Army of Ruins or Remedium Sentinels.

5 hours ago, Kittens Are Awesome said:

Well, since you didn't post any images, synapses, videos, or any freaking information on the game at all, I'll take a stab in the dark and say...

ndbb96k.png

What images, synapses, videos or any freaking information would help you to say a normal price for this Game? 

Nerd GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by MaRo-1000

Wow, 20 different characters that you have to win with. That seems like a lot...

I used to completely ignore rogue-anything but I've played a few in the last year or so and I can tolerate them more now. Returnal was a big one, obviously, but AK-xolotl and Trinity Fusion are two others that I'm enjoying. 

And I think the "bullet heaven" is because you're the one firing the bullets instead of the enemies? And there are a LOT of bullets. But I've never heard that term before either.

i think about 20€

1 hour ago, Lion_Squid said:

I've heard good things about this one, apparently it's one of the better Vampire Survivor clones.

Yes its the best clone out there. Second is Army of Ruin and 3rd  Spirit Hunters: Infinite Horde. All the others are trash

Finally this comes to PS! one of my favorites from this type of game. 

8 hours ago, askrzyk said:

Is this the first "bullet-heaven" game on PlayStation? I can't think of another that has released earlier.

no but they're not very good imo. 2 have released that i have seen and they are: Army of Ruin & Spirit Hunters: Infinite Horde.

3 hours ago, Bunkerbudy said:

Not sure if I would even call it a clone, i'ts very different tho.

Yeah as far as vampire survivors style games go Brotato is probably the game doing the most different compared to all the others. It's my personal favorite, even more so than VS.

There are a lot of little differences outside the norm but the biggest is just the fact that Brotato is straight up a stat heavy loot game. "Bullet heaven" doesn't even really apply to it in the same way it does to other games, you aren't filling up the screen with a million projectiles that just delete enemies. Instead there are like close to 50 different stats and all the playable characters interact with them in different ways - like the Gladiator gains increased attack speed for each unique melee weapon equipped, the Hunter gives extra damage the more range stat you have (obvious but range normally just determines how far you shoot), and as you progress you get into more weird characters like the Cyborg who halfway through each enemy wave he changes how his stat scaling works.

Happy to see it on PS5 finally, if you like tinkering with a bunch of stats/character builds it's super fun.

Also not related to Brotato specifically but since people were asking about other similar VS-likes all the ones I've found on PS so far are: Remedium Sentinels, Army of Ruin, Spirit Hunters: Infinite Horde, Whispike Survivors, Hack and Shoot Heroes, and Hero Survival.

Army of Ruin and Spirit Hunters are the best imo. Army of Ruin does a good job capturing the surface level fun of Vampire Survivors, it just lacks the fun meta and secret stuff like map exploration and figuring out how to unlock characters.

Spirit Hunters is weirdly restrictive in that instead of just going into a level and trying to build a character the game is mostly built around challenges where you need to beat specific levels with specific characters with specific builds. You can just jump into a level and play it as you see fit, but, a lot of progression is locked behind beating challenges. The art is nice and the builds are pretty interesting though, wouldn't recommend it to everyone though.

Remedium is pretty mediocre but not outright terrible. Gets the surface level stuff down but it's horribly unbalanced. Most weapons are useless and in most levels you're only going to have enough time to upgrade like 1 weapon to max level.

Whispike is cool conceptually, the whole gimmick is that when you die you become a seed and you have a farm where you can plant it. A few runs later (or instantly if you use fertilizer found when playing) you can start the next run with all the abilities you died with, often at a higher level than when you died. There is some cross-farm stuff where adjacent plants can inherit abilities from other plants, but, it's all supppperrrr under baked and totally pointless outside of trophies for a variety of reasons.

Hero Survival I haven't played yet, gameplay looks like a Brotato clone actually but I don't know if it has all the loot stuff. Only has 4 reviews on Steam too so it's not that popular.

Hack and Shoot Heroes though I recommend avoiding like the plague unless you're fine dealing with broken games. The port is awful, they put in 0 effort to make it work with a controller. There are menus you can go into and can't get out of because it was designed for you to have a mouse and just click somewhere else on the screen. On top of that it's a very buggy game, when a weapon or skill is max level it can still show up as drops for you to obtain but often if you do pick it up it'll actually just remove the weapon/skill completely. There is also no real stat screen for you to actually track things mid-run (or my crackpot theory is that there is, but, you can probably only access it with a mouse or some crap.) Total dumpster fire of a game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZenaxPure said:

Hero Survival I haven't played yet, gameplay looks like a Brotato clone actually but I don't know if it has all the loot stuff. Only has 4 reviews on Steam too so it's not that popular.

oh man i completely forgot this existed. it's nothing like brotato just FYI aside from getting a bunch of guns. i don't recommend this one at all. it has almost no content aside from a couple of levels, few guns and a few characters which all take a long time to unlock. it feels like a game that got abandoned and then released. if you play one level you'll have seen 80% of the whole game

1 hour ago, Teh_Zombz said:

oh man i completely forgot this existed. it's nothing like brotato just FYI aside from getting a bunch of guns. i don't recommend this one at all. it has almost no content aside from a couple of levels, few guns and a few characters which all take a long time to unlock. it feels like a game that got abandoned and then released. if you play one level you'll have seen 80% of the whole game

Doesn't surprise me, like most trends a lot of the clone games don't really seem to understand what makes them fun and just throw out something that doesn't hold up past the surface level. I will probably still check it out when it goes on sale for like $1 though lol. I like trying out all the ones that are on PS4/5 even if they are trash. No way it can be as bad as Hack and Shoot Heroes lol.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ZenaxPure said:

Doesn't surprise me, like most trends a lot of the clone games don't really seem to understand what makes them fun and just throw out something that doesn't hold up past the surface level. I will probably still check it out when it goes on sale for like $1 though lol. I like trying out all the ones that are on PS4/5 even if they are trash. No way it can be as bad as Hack and Shoot Heroes lol.

Why do you not like hack and shoot heroes? I personally found that its the most survivor like out there. Unfortunately its short and has not many levels etc

55 minutes ago, yowzagabowza said:

For those playing it, is it a good enough game to play through and beat 20 times? It looks fun and all, but if it's lame or ridiculously hard, I can live without it

Trophy-wise the game is super easy. The game has increasing difficulty levels but you only need to finish 1 run per difficulty as far as trophies are concerned. Then you can do everything else on base difficulty. Runs are only like 30ish minutes (or less) so it doesn't take long to plow through the character clears. PSNP hasn't properly updated stats yet but if you click on the plat trophy you can see multiple people already have it despite the game not even being out a full day yet.

As for fun, already said my piece but yeah I love the game personally. Every character interacts with stats/items completely differently so it makes every run feel different since you're trying to find a good build that works for them. Assuming you're into that sort of character building gameplay of course.

• Like 1