Future of PlayStation: Your wishes and expectations

Aynshel

-More exclusive Sony games, even when there are coming many great exclusives like Helldivers 2, many of the great games coming this 2024 are multiplat, and thats not a bad thing at all, and i also know things are different this console gen because of pandemic, but it feels now that Sony is a little stuck at trying new/old I.Ps and dont want to touch some game types like FPS shooter games to say a quick example.

-Return of previous options like communities and themes

-More deals of ps plus service in general, and maybe include a random classic game in essential per month to motivate people to pay the deluxe tier once in a while

I think they're too far gone. I've started slowly transitioning to PC. Cant see PS being of value in an all digital world when every game costs more than it does on PC and also has a paywall to access online features. Also devices like the Steam Deck and the ROG Ally are what I wanted PS Vita 2 to be. Instead we got a useless slab which cant do anything on planes, trains and hotels with crappy wifi which is basically everywhere I would use a portable gaming device.

I'll keep the PS5 while I can still buy and sell physical games but I'm done with PS the day it inevitably goes all digital.

• Confused 1

Wishes:

We get games made by passionate artisans, well-done remakes that allow new players to experience old classics, and see innovative new IPs which reinvigorate a stagnating industry.

Expectations:

Further corporate consolidation and stagnation as the industry restructures itself, employees are routinely overworked despite lip service performed about culture, standards continue to decline, and old IPs are resurrected in an attempt to offset losses from gross mismanagement. 

1. Being able to delete unwanted trophies

2. If not above, then being able to hide games from yourself as well. Although hiding games hides them from others, I also don't want to see them, so the option to just hide them from yourself too would be great. 

3. Being able to manually organise your trophy list more than recently played, or at least more categories like here on this site e.g. alphabetical, by system, completion % etc... 

4. PS5 themes, I mean, come on please. Also being able to set your own pictures and screenshots as your backgrounds on PS5. 

5. Bring back avatars as well, having to use the PS4 to get these is kind of annoying, and also allowing avatar and theme purchase via the PS App. 

6. Improving the PS Plus extra and premium plans to have it competitive to Xbox game pass with new and triple A titles. At the moment it's crap, plus the 30% increase in price for no valid reason other than "inflation", like seriously Sony. 

7. Add vita games to the classics, I understand this could be difficult due to the game resolution being for the small screen, but at least the PS TV compatible titles. 

8. Shared trophy lists rather than all this region stacking business. Most games seem to be doing this these days, which is good

9. Being to change region, I mean people move countries, even if it's just like once a year limit, similar to the Apple store. I have lived in Ireland, UK and Japan, all of which have different stores. My account is Japanese as I play Japanese games but the option to change for those that do move and can't use their new countries credit cards, having to rely on store cards, must be annoying. 

10. Finally, we will likely never get this, but that ps portal being able to download games from your library to play offline, or at least a handheld that allows you to do that. So similar to vita, but not a totally new console, so you can trophy hunt anywhere, even on the plane without having to rely on wifi like the current portal. 

cut the woke fat useless workforce that works against the gamers

put a real gamer in charge of the studios, not a money people puppet

refocus on console exclusive content

reinforce the gates for the gated community, they are broken open right now, we need to be a selfsustaining island with thermonuclear weapons

console games should be the only receiver of funds, not ports to other platforms, alternative media adaptation and other off console investments in general

preserve the library of PS games, either through BC or rereleases of the essentials

Edited by EDGES
  • Like 2

I was sure I'd be PlayStation Plus Premium for life...but when one after another the classics starting coming without trophy support (Resident Evil DC, Tekken 2, Grandia was the last straw...) I knew that it just wasn't worth it. And then that massive price hike for literally no reason...I went from praising the service to actively fighting against it and encouraging everyone to drop to Essential. I don't want day one AAA games, that's a recipe for converting console gaming into mobile gaming freemium garbage, but I do think that they should drop back down to original price and really beef up their classics program.