Future of PlayStation: Your wishes and expectations

Aynshel

36 minutes ago, Aynshel said:

Share your vision for the future of PlayStation Network. Are there any features you would like? What improvements or additions would you like to see? 🌐🎮

What i want is the source of you proclaiming that the next gen will be at 2026.

• Like 1

Of course the simple stay up and online forever lol

But I would love to see them start requiring trophy tracking on applicable trophies.

Maybe bring something new and interesting to the trophy world. Maybe a reward system for earning trophies or something as a thanks for us remaining so loyal. Feel like stars is really lackluster.

• Like 4

Like others said, PS3 native emulation for PS5, more classics added each month and with trophies.

Also, I think it's past time for it to be mandatory for online trophies in single player focused games to be released in a separate list (like a DLC) so that we no longer have platinums becoming unobtainable due to server closures. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Biscoito18 said:

Like others said, PS3 native emulation for PS5, more classics added each month and with trophies.

Also, I think it's past time for it to be mandatory for online trophies in single player focused games to be released in a separate list (like a DLC) so that we no longer have platinums becoming unobtainable due to server closures. 

But the 100% would still be unobtainable though - not the greatest solution for it - the best thing would be for games to be patched out so that any online related stuff get re-written into singleplayer activities instead, I.E once the developers decide to shutter any online services, then they just throw out the patch and be done with it.  And patches like that should be in the works from the start, but just released later into the game's cycle.  That's how I'd prefer it.

Examples of games that got Trophy reworks - not quite single player, but games that got reworked along with their Trophies, so I know stuff like this is possible:

Destiny 2, Rainbow Six Siege.

Edited by J-S_93

My most wanted feature, I really want 3D bluray playback for PSVR2. Used it in PSVR1 often, and definitely want to see them on that upgraded screen.

In terms of QoL added, I just want an option to turn off the notification for scenes that block recording. PS4 had that option but I'm not finding it on PS5, this one seems simple enough to add.

Edited by CaptHowdy_91
  • Like 1

I wish Sony would give us the option to delete the trophy list tied to a profile. I don't have a problem if I can't complete a trophy list when I'm not good enough, so if, for example, I never get 100% in Super Meat Boy due to skill deficiencies, I'll be fine with that, but if I can't get all the trophies because of the trophy glitches, closed servers, or DLC delistings, I feel unfulfilled as a trophy hunter.

4 hours ago, HansPatat050 said:

Bring back the communities

This 100%. 

Communities weren't perfect but they were simple, with actual moderation and updates to communities it could have been so good. The best alternative to them is discord, but I've never really liked how it works because a lot of places are hidden away, and it can be difficult to grow a server. Whereas with communities I could find exactly what I wanted, no matter how niche it was.

• Like 1

- Release of the PS2 Emulator, along with an actual upgrade in quality of classic ports.

- Revive old original IPs like those from Japan Studio, and make new games that appeal to every public.

- Improve the social features of the PS5. (Communities, What's New, a new PSHome, etc). Even the PS3 felt more alive.

- Make Stars available on the console, and making it similar to the Steam Badges.

- Make Avatars available on the store again.

- Trials for every exclusive game.

• Like 4