Future of PlayStation: Your wishes and expectations

Aynshel

- ability to make custom avatars, even if just from screenshots or something

- all trophies showing (I hear PS3/Vita are not showing on PS5)

- full emulation for discs of all non-portable Playstation systems (I get UMDs and Vita cards are too expensive to include)

- either reduce stick drift or try and move away from sticks altogether (e.g. with touchpads, just try as an option)

- ability to move accounts between countries. Not all of us  live in their parents' basement all their lives...

14 hours ago, HansPatat050 said:

Bring back the communities

I don't know if that would be a good idea, you'd be surprised at how many of them were created for the sole purpose of horny desperate bastards who were looking for a date. Nevertheless I will admit I had a lot of fun trolling those types until Sony sent a warning to my inbox. 😂

• Like 1

More focus on highlighting and cultivating quality indie games on the store…

…and less extraneous over-saturation of the big “AAA” games that everyone already knows about.

A better algorithm for recommending games based on previous purchases/ plays.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Gwendly said:

- Make trophy lists shared unless there is content that can't be shown in one country causing those trophies to be impossible to get ; i.e. no NA/EU/Digital/PS5/PS4 list for the same game unless you have a region where showing actual content makes it impossible to gain those trophies (I'm not even sure that applies to *any* list at the moment but just figured I'd add the caveat just in case)

Wolfenstein, Wanted Weapons Of Fate, Saints Row all games that had content cut in different regions, Wolfenstein obviously Nazi related not sure if if trophies are different, Wanted I think something to do with the blood needing to be green in Germany. 

Saints Row had a whole mission cut directly related to a trophy in Australia. 

-Easy refunds

-Game gifting

-Themes, Folders, and an Internet Browser on PS5. The Browser is especially a headscratcher because there is a rudimentary browser in the OS used for subscribing to Final Fantasy XIV or similar subscriptions. Switch has the same weird issue.

-Price cuts for the PS5

-External SSD support for playing PS5 games

-A small PS5 one day that is slimmer than the recent revisions

-Way more value added to PS Plus Tiers. We know they're not going to cut the prices, so they need to add more games and perks.

-Greatly reduce or even ban most asset flips from the PS Store.

-Most EZPZ or really quick trophy games shouldn't have platinums.

-Native emulation of certain PS3 games. Also add in an update to support select PS2 and PS3 discs. I know there's no way I can think of to support PS1 games since they would need to configure the Ultra HD BD to play CDs which I don't think can be done over a software update. It's so ridiculous that virtually every BD and Ultra HD BD plays CDs but PS4 and PS5 can't. It's flat-out anti-consumer. 

-More PS2 Classics and perhaps even dig for some Vita games that don't require Vita's features.

-Bring back some older IPs. PlayStation has so many IPs on life support or dead. They could bring back: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (barely an IP, it could become one), Twisted Metal, Killzone, etc.

-Take a risk on some kookier IPs whether from North America, Europe, or Japan. The vast majority of active PlayStation IPs for a while now seem to be very cinematic and a lot of action adventures. 

• Like 2

Be more willing to lease old IP to new or young studios - that goes across the board of the industry. Plenty of dead IP lying around that could be given new life if a studio was willing to "share" a bit more.

I'd think plenty of small studios would jump at just being hired to port older games to current systems to add to the Classics titles.

Also stop censoring games.

• Like 3

On 1/27/2024 at 11:31 PM, ARIXANDRE said:

I just want to be able to back up PS5 saves to an USB drive. 

This should have been there from the start.

On 1/27/2024 at 9:34 PM, Eraezr said:

PlayStation HQ goes back to Japan.

indeed

No Multiplayer Trophies or have the multiplayer trophies as a separate list

Edited by Pumpkin Head Cthulhu
  • Like 1

i just want japan studios / studios like it to show up again and make good and unique games, rn all exclusives kinda are mid its just action adventure game with amazing graphics that costs alot of money to make and takes alot of time. yeah theyre mostly fine if not a little boring at times but i remember in the ps3 generation the "best of psn vol 1" disc and it was actually good, 4 unique and different games all fun and all relatively unique tokyo jungle is an amazing game and its from that for example. but there isnt anything like that anymore that i can at least name as a exclusive

tldr current exclusive games take more time and more money (and often lead to worker lay offs) and this problem can be remedied by making exclusives that are actual unique and fun games along with making the current big budget stuff 

• Like 2

I have no expectations for this version of Sony, but if I had one wish it would be for a rebuilt trophy UI. The PS5s is the worst I've seen. I like the square tiles, but it looks like it broke the trophy UI, or the people designing it had no idea how to make it look good with including the PS4/PS3 rectangular ones.

• Like 2

Didn't see this one, or I glazed over it.

Let us picture in picture while gaming. They already have the tech baked in that let's us watch a friend's game, while we game. Expand it and let us watch Netflix / Twitch, or whatever while gaming.

7 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

It does show the trophies, what it doesn't show is PS3 games in recently played, or currently playing

That's not just limited to the PS3 or Vita. Games from different regions will screw it up as well and can also not show up. I think it might pull info from the store for recently played which explains why PS3 and Vita do not appear. I was playing the Japanese stack of Konosuba and when I first started it the recently played was all in japanese. Now since an english version put out a trophy list and has a store listing, the recently played is now all in english. When I was playing Zan 2 which also did not have an english release, many times when I updated the app it did not show up or the game title card was blank.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

That's not just limited to the PS3 or Vita. Games from different regions will screw it up as well and can also not show up. I think it might pull info from the store for recently played which explains why PS3 and Vita do not appear. I was playing the Japanese stack of Konosuba and when I first started it the recently played was all in japanese. Now since an english version put out a trophy list and has a store listing, the recently played is now all in english. When I was playing Zan 2 which also did not have an english release, many times when I updated the app it did not show up or the game title card was blank.

Interesting - I didn’t realise that, though I suppose it makes sense in some ways - as if Sony’s idea is that an account is only one region, then tying it to the store info for that specific region probably seemed the logical thing when building it

Downloadable PS1-PS3 games

PS Plus Premium PS3 games have DLC

You don't need PS Plus for cloud saves. Even if it's not unlimited cloud saves, just some would be great

Cheaper PS Plus

PS1-PS3 disc support

Revive old IPs

Mandatory trophy tracking for every game

• Like 1

I'd like to a better psn app that doesn't refresh every time you add something to the cart

a ps3 emulator that we can use our discs on

Ps4 controller support on ps5 games

Better refund options

Game gifting

No more regional stacks for cheap games (shovelware) console stacks can stay

Cheap games (8$ and under) no longer have platinums like back in the ps3 days unless on sale or approved after a review of the game before it goes on the store

PsVR games should have platinums unless they fall under my previous mention

PS premium streaming on the phone like gamepass

PS classics to have mandetory trophies (looking at you resident evil directors cut)