Reviewing guides from different stacks than I own.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, so sorry if it seems like a broken record suggestion.

I'm wondering if the site has thought of a way to implement or duplicate trophy guides for games that are the same from NA,EU,JA, etc as well as PS4/PS5. I really like using the guides to see which portions I've filled out and completed for a game, though if the guide is for PS5 only and I have the game on PS4 it makes it difficult to track my progress on the guide.

Just now, Styopsis said:

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, so sorry if it seems like a broken record suggestion.

I'm wondering if the site has thought of a way to implement or duplicate trophy guides for games that are the same from NA,EU,JA, etc as well as PS4/PS5. I really like using the guides to see which portions I've filled out and completed for a game, though if the guide is for PS5 only and I have the game on PS4 it makes it difficult to track my progress on the guide.

While you're waiting on Sly to implement that (counting on a few years now, I think), you can use PSNP+ to do just what you're looking for: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jeanolt said:

@DaivRules does it work for games with some different trophies? Like for example, remastered version without online trophies, a few new ones, and the same list overall. 

I didn't know of that feature.

I haven't used it, but I was pretty sure I saw someone post about it and this is listed in the opening post:

Guide

• Added functionality to load progress from different trophy list that doesn't match the guide

A small sample of identical requests:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jeanolt said:

@DaivRules does it work for games with some different trophies? Like for example, remastered versions without online trophies, a few new ones, but the same list in general.

I didn't know of that feature.

Yes.

You can either match by trophy name (default) or you can switch to simpler matching using trophy IDs. This for example allows to load German stack of Wolfenstein II in the trophy guide for world wide list.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I have written a few guides which have different region stacks like Fury Unleashed. Since my region is EU, people from other region (NA/JP) are having problem in rating the guide even though they own the game and/or platinumed it as well. There is an error saying 'You must own the game to rate it'. What is the reason for it? Can't we rate guides where the users are from different region?

Please fix this problem moderators @Sly Ripper 

1 hour ago, leonrules1987 said:

It's a simple issue and can be fixed with ease. If it's a known limitation then why aren't more people talking about this or why are there no attempts being made to fix it.

It gets brought up at least once or twice a month but there's nothing anyone can do until Sly updates the Guide system at some point in the future.

1 hour ago, leonrules1987 said:

Or why are there no attempts being made to fix it.

The site owner, who is the only one with access to make such changes, is notoriously slow/inactive when it comes to making changes to the site.

There have been other issues raised, some with a lot of backing and multiple threads, which have resulted in nothing. To the point where there have been discussions of mutiny; another forum, another site, but none have taken over the mantle of PSNP being the defacto trophy hunting site.

Part of accepting PSNP is the knowledge that what you have may be all you get.

The question is whether he knows about these problems? Does he come online to address such problems? What is the point in maintaining a website when even a small issue cannot be fixed. 

I have seen his last post from months back, he hasnt posted anything since then. 

Only the moderators are running this website now? 

what about the guide of the year awards? does he manage that or only the guide team does that

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, leonrules1987 said:

The question is whether he knows about these problems? Does he come online to address such problems? What is the point in maintaining a website when even a small issue cannot be fixed. 

I have seen his last post from months back, he hasnt posted anything since then. 

Only the moderators are running this website now? 

what about the guide of the year awards? does he manage that or only the guide team does that

Sly is on the Discord more frequently, that’s probably an ideal place to try to ask these questions if you catch him online. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I own the game Hades but for some reason I can't review a guide as it says you need to own it.

This is my fist time in attempting to do something like this and I am a bit disappointed that this happened.

1 minute ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

Trophy guide is for the PS4 version, while you have the PS5 version. Not sure if that affects being able to review, but they are two different versions of the game. 

I believe this is correct ☝️

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Leenewbe said:

you can use PSNP+ to track the guide from a different stack/region of the game, unfortunately i don't think you'll be able to rate it though.

Correct. PSNP+ Lets you use a Guide regardless of which stack you have but you still won't be able to rate it.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to Hijack this, but it was the first that came up when i did a search.

My Problem is the same, i can not rate a Guide, it says i have to own it, to rate it.

BUT the Game has 2 Version and i do in fact own both Versions and have Platinum'd both Versions.

Still i get the error and can not rate the Guide.

Do i have to adjust something in my settings or is it because of multiple game versions? (Like the OP)

19 minutes ago, nimrod2009US said:

Sorry to Hijack this, but it was the first that came up when i did a search.

My Problem is the same, i can not rate a Guide, it says i have to own it, to rate it.

BUT the Game has 2 Version and i do in fact own both Versions and have Platinum'd both Versions.

Still i get the error and can not rate the Guide.

Do i have to adjust something in my settings or is it because of multiple game versions? (Like the OP)

Nope, it's a limitation of the guide system, something "on the server side". There's nothing you can do other than play the game the same region the guide is. Yeah, I know.

2 hours ago, breakXedge said:

Nope, it's a limitation of the guide system, something "on the server side". There's nothing you can do other than play the game the same region the guide is. Yeah, I know.

Is there something beside the Obvious Version difference?

It usually says PS3 / PS4 / PS5 and sometimes EU / AS / JP / NA / AU ...

So, when the Game has 2 Version: PS4 and PS5 (without anything further added).

And there is a Guide for this game.

And i do own both of those Versions and i have Platin in both, i should be able to rate it?

Or is there some hidden "Region" not shown? (Like CUSA or PPSA beeing different for EU/US/JP/AS/AU Version while still sharing the same Trophy List?)