Do you think video games are for kids?

draqilo

Some fun facts[1] :

• The average gamer is 35 years old.
  • Over 50% of Europeans play video games.
  • Over 1.8 billion people are PC gamers.

On 2/14/2024 at 5:13 PM, draqilo said:

I'm 14 y.o and I almost know no one(adults), playing video games. Everyone I know that play games are young kids. I started play video games at 6 years old, as soon I got my Wii U. And almost all gamers, I met IRL are kids.

Not denying the validity of your experience but that seems really unlikely. Maybe inquire some more. I bet most of these adults indulge at least in some mobile gaming and don't even realize they're gamers.

With all the games for adults/18+ games out there, certainly not for kids. I am the opposite in that everyone i know who games are adults, although I don't have any contact with kids at all so I don't know what is going in in kiddyland

35 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

With all the games for adults/18+ games out there, certainly not for kids

I go to agree is true. Kids playing 18+ games knowing they can't. I was playing alot of 18+ games during my 5-6 years old.

On the contrary.

I found way more people to play with as an adult than I did as a teenager. Even back then in the GTA IV and Uncharted 2 days, the vast majority of people I played with were adults, usually in their mid-twenties while I was about 13 or so.

It usually depends on how and what you play. Using voicechat in some games can let you meet some like minded people even if they're in a different age group, but some games, like battle-royales usually won't lead to that I imagine as the in-game voice chat isn't utilized as much.

Regarding the question posted in the thread title, I think I play about the same amount of time as I did when the PS3 was new and I was in highschool. Main difference is now I have the money to buy games as opposed to getting 1-3 per year during holidays and birthdays.

Some Adults are kids who just gotten older. 

22 hours ago, Letenko said:

On the contrary.

I found way more people to play with as an adult than I did as a teenager. Even back then in the GTA IV and Uncharted 2 days, the vast majority of people I played with were adults, usually in their mid-twenties while I was about 13 or so.

It usually depends on how and what you play. Using voicechat in some games can let you meet some like minded people even if they're in a different age group, but some games, like battle-royales usually won't lead to that I imagine as the in-game voice chat isn't utilized as much.

Regarding the question posted in the thread title, I think I play about the same amount of time as I did when the PS3 was new and I was in highschool. Main difference is now I have the money to buy games as opposed to getting 1-3 per year during holidays and birthdays.

I find it roughly the same Today as it was decade ago or two decades ago, but the whole voicechat changed on consoles for certain & now many are using discord compared to Teamspeak/skype or chat websites.

On 2/27/2024 at 5:29 PM, draqilo said:

I go to agree is true. Kids playing 18+ games knowing they can't. I was playing alot of 18+ games during my 5-6 years old.

So did everyone. But the very fact that these age ratings exist means games are not just for kids, otherwise every game would be rated at PG regardless of content 

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely not! Videogames are for all ages. I will be 40 this week, have been gaming since I was 3, and have no intention of stopping anytime soon. A couple that games together, stays together. I know this because I have been married for 16 years and my wife along with our 3 children love videogames. My wife even bought me my PS5. That's what I call true love.❤️ I often find that people who have a negative view of videogames feel that way because they aren't very good at them or have been fed misinformation about them. Life's too short to be doing things you don't enjoy. Gaming or anything you enjoy is good for your soul because it makes you happy and you should do what makes you happy. Peace and God bless!😎

• Like 2