Is the MP DLC Stuff a Pain?

I am debating what game I am going to start next and considering this, but I am a bit of a completionist and will probably look to 100% the game.  Can the DLC Multiplayer stuff be done solo easy enough or is it a chore? Or can it be done without issue with randoms via matchmaking? Just trying to gauge what I'd be getting into, thanks. 

It is a chore. If you plan to do it solo, then prepare for 20-30 hours of grinding. Beginning of every difficulty is the worst - you are greatly underleveled and chip one gear element at a time because enemies simply vaporise your avatar. I recommend to go with samurai (then you can give most of the stuff to other classes), equip everything related to parrying and you will wreck enemies later but save resources for the very end so you will be able to upgrade gear in the endgame. I did everyhing alone, only got some help with raid and survival gold from some demigods.

1 hour ago, Pirelli913 said:

A Painful Blockage :bronze: (Summon five Shades in a single Rivals match.) Honestly, this is probably more challenging than Transcendence. It's 2v2 and as you play, you can hurt your opponents by doing various things to hinder their progress. One thing is to summon a Shade which is a demon that attacks the opponents. Unfortunately, the opponents must kill it before you can summon another and I believe there's a cooldown before you can summon another. This is easiest done while boosting and you only need a total of 3 people to boost it (2v1). The 1 simply summons a Shade and the 2 kill it until the 1 has summoned 5. Then switch roles.

It can be done solo. IIRC the method was specified in the comment section in the DLC's guide. All in all, every trophy is possible to do do alone, except raid, of course, and gold survival is just much, much easier with team.

Edited by Cerber108

Kinda. It's not entirely true that you can't do it with randoms or without mics, but you have to be extremely resilient and, above all, lucky. I was carried through raids by randoms who were absolute beasts, but is not simple. Joining the GoT discord should help.

1 hour ago, Pirelli913 said:

Solo? No. I mean, it is multiplayer. *ba dum tss* :awesome:

In all seriousness, probably about 7 of the 10 multiplayer trophies can be easily achieved without requiring much help.

Ultimate Warrior :silver: (Reach Rank 20 with all roles.) and Self-Actualized :bronze: (Reach Rank 20 in any role.) are simply a grind. Easiest way to accomplish these is to replay Story Mission 1 (Severed Hearts) over and over as you gain levels via Ki and you gain Ki via gear and you get new gear at the end of each match and Severed Hearts can be completed in 15 minutes on average, meaning four completions in one hour.

Promising Start :bronze: (Complete a Legends Mode story.) and True Understanding :bronze: (Complete all Legends Mode stories.) is self-explanatory. Just beat the 9 story missions on any difficulty to get them both.

Honor Bound :bronze: (Bind a piece of gear to a class.) isn't done in a match but done with gear after a match. Simply choose a class you want to bind a piece of gear to, there should be a "Modify" option or something (it's been a while) and then choose a piece of gear to bind to that class meaning no other class will be able to use it ever once bound. It's been a while, but I don't know if gear can be bound on bronze and silver tier. Just FYI.

Champion of the Kami :bronze: (Win a Rivals Legends match.) is actually easier than one may think. Your goal is to simply win ONE match. Back when I did this, the number of opponents who rage quit while doing this was pretty high, and even if both opponents RQ, it still lets you finish your own match which counts as a win. Pretty sure you can do this on any difficulty as well.

Cursed No More :bronze: (Purify a Cursed piece of gear.) can only be done once you reach gold tier I believe. Once you reach gold tier, you'll get pieces of gear that are Cursed upon completing matches. Equip one and complete the Curse it specifies (you don't have to finish the match) to purify it. These Cursed pieces of gear have side effects like that online game (give me a super power but the person below me gets to curse it). A curse may be to light enemies on fire, but when you do, you're also set on fire.

The three that most likely will require some help are as follows:

Transcendence :gold: (Complete all 3 Raid chapters.) The raids are heavily team oriented and mics are preferred. Chapter I can usually be done with randoms easily on its own and Chapter III can be done in under 10 minutes if you get ONE person who knows what they're doing. Chapter II is the one people need the most help with. I created a raid guide (found here) for when you cross that bridge.

Ultimate Truth :silver: (Complete the final wave in a gold Survival.) This isn't as hard as it used to be. When I earned this trophy, it required 25 waves, but Sucker Punch nerfed it and now it's down to 15 waves. You will still need other players to accomplish this, but it's not as long or as grueling as it once was. As the name implies, you must do this on gold tier and if I recall, gold's minimum level is either 75 or 90 (I forget which).

A Painful Blockage :bronze: (Summon five Shades in a single Rivals match.) Honestly, this is probably more challenging than Transcendence. It's 2v2 and as you play, you can hurt your opponents by doing various things to hinder their progress. One thing is to summon a Shade which is a demon that attacks the opponents. Unfortunately, the opponents must kill it before you can summon another and I believe there's a cooldown before you can summon another. This is easiest done while boosting and you only need a total of 3 people to boost it (2v1). The 1 simply summons a Shade and the 2 kill it until the 1 has summoned 5. Then switch roles.

Well, I tried to do with randoms and it was impossíble. It requires so much coordination and high end equipments...

I think you must be a beast to find it very easy to do the raids that way lmao

All trophies on MP are easy, just raid is a problem

2 minutes ago, adverse_event said:

Thanks for all the replies, I do have a couple buds I might be able to get to give it a go with me, if not, what discord should I visit to find people who know what they are doing? 

You could probably start just by creating a Session here and I’m sure someone will join and/or message you about coordinating with other people, since we don’t allow that in the forums. 

I highly recommend the multiplayer segment of this game as well. Even if you choose to go with randoms, you will eventually learn it and rely on your own skill for most of the multiplayer content but of course finding some guys who have done it or a dedicated group is a big plus and will things easier for you.

On 2/17/2024 at 11:36 AM, k0edb said:

Well, I tried to do with randoms and it was impossíble. It requires so much coordination and high end equipments...

I think you must be a beast to find it very easy to do the raids that way lmao

While there are a number of new players who attempt the raids, there are a number of veterans who still play, too.

Best advice I can give if you're new is to be at least Ki level 110. Most players who see a player under 110 (100-109) may leave immediately as they assume you're new and don't know what you're doing.

In addition to being 110, hope you get into a match with a level 120 Assassin. It's almost guaranteed that 120 Assassins know what they're doing and will utilize bomb jump exploits to the team's benefit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2024 at 3:13 PM, k0edb said:

Its impossible to do with randoms. Much coordination. My recomendation is to join ghost of tsushima discord and find some pro players to carry you

Nah I did all the mp trophies with randoms, you just have to be a bit lucky to play with some people that know what to do, especially for the Transcendence trophy where you have to complete all 3 raid chapters

17 minutes ago, nikitashotya said:

Nah I did all the mp trophies with randoms, you just have to be a bit lucky to play with some people that know what to do, especially for the Transcendence trophy where you have to complete all 3 raid chapters

Yeah, the main problem was the raids. The other trophies are just play normally related