Which game is a masterpiece for you

Rikapadupu

A few games I would consider Masterpieces

1. Bloodborne
  2. Hollow Knight
  3. Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, Soul Reaver 2 and Defiance. (Never played the Blood Omen Games. But I would if they got a remake/remaster)
  4. inFAMOUS 2
  5. Ghost of Tsushima
  6. Far Cry 3
  7. Batman: Arkham Asylum
  8. FURI
  9. Bioshock
  10. Shovel Knight
  11. Shadow of the Colossus
  12. God of War (2018)
  13. Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered
  14. Bastion
  15. Transistor
  16. Psychonauts
  17. Blasphemous
  18. Fallout: New vegas
  19. Dragon Age: Origins
  20. Alan Wake
  21. Alice: Madness Returns
  22. Control
  23. Dragon's Crown
  24. Final Fantasy IX, VII, XII and X.
  25. Grim Fandango
  26. Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition
  27. Okami HD
  28. Dawn of War and Dawn of War II + DLC
  29. Portal 2
  30. Rayman Origins
  31. Stellaris
  32. Dead Cells
  33. XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  34. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
  35. Red Dead Redemption and Red Dead Redemption II

• Like 1

The Witcher III: Wild Hunt and Red Dead Redemption II are the only games I've played that I would (still) consider a true "masterpiece." Ghost of Tsushima is definitely scratching at the door, though.

Games that I haven't played, but have been making my "Masterpiece Spider Senses" go absolutely haywire, include NieR: Automata and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Death Stranding is also giving me funny looks from across the room, but the signal is being partially blocked by all the aluminium Monster cans.

Some of these posts, though... 0_o

Did I catch a No Man's Sky in there? Fortnite?! Minecraft?!? :jaymon: People, people, c'mon now; you're doing the word "masterpiece" a huge disservice.

• Like 1

These are all  the games i personally consider to be masterpieces:

616z3iyu9-L._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg   61e6sU9SIzL.jpg    MV5BN2JhM2MwNzctMWRlNy00ZTY0LWE5YmEtYTU4MDYxOTI5ZDQwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA0MTM5NjI2._V1_.jpg    Heroes_of_Might_and_Magic_IV_box.jpg    71Uzb-UfIQS._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg    8887797    Official_cover_art_for_Bioshock_Infinite.jpg    81hIf4Wx4cL.jpg 

afe2a91caf.jpg  23613273_fpx.tif?$filterlrg$&wid=327   7e5a314037ac593f0f289a7529641f33.jpg  Assassins_Creed_2_Box_Art.JPG  L_p0159423348.jpg   5c32b83352eca.jpg  1516291928-dead-island-definitive-edition-primaria.png standard-edition-assassin-s-creed-iv-black-flag-full-game-ps4-original-imaeyzyhhzncncfd.jpeg?q=90&crop=false

God-Of-War-2018-PS4-RUS-Sub.jpeg

I can play all of those games every year without getting bored for even a second , and i always get excited everytime i play them.

that is the true definition of masterpiece for me.   

Edited by OmriStyle27
  • Like 3

Here is my take on games that are masterpieces (no specific order)

1 - Bloodborne

2 - Jak & Daxter The Precursor Legacy

3 - Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

4 - Assassins Creed Black Flag

5 - Furi

6 - Ninja Gaiden Sigma

7 - Fallout New Vegas

8 - Sleeping Dogs

9 - The Last Of Us (Original Version)

10 - NieR Automata

11 - Deus Ex Mankind Divided

12 - Kingdom Hearts 2 

13 - Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (3 & 4) 

14 - Tony Hawks Pro Skater Underground 

15 - Skate 3

16 - Far Cry 3

• Like 1

There are quite a few but off the top of my head:

Red Dead Redemption 2

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Shadow of the Collossus

The Last of Us

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Super Mario World (SNES)

The Guardian Legend (NES)

Edited by HawaiiGator
  • Like 1

There are many games that I would consider to be masterpieces, but relative to when they came out and when I played them:

SNES:

The SNES era had some absolute gems

Super Metroid - Side-scrolling, open world exploration, beautiful music and atmosphere. One of the best of all time.

Donkey Kong Country 1-3 - Amazing visuals, great music and a truly wonderful series

Secret of Mana - Beautiful music, great story... set me well on my way of loving RPGs

Gamecube:

Resident Evil Remake - An amazing to upgrade to already excellent game. I don't like horror much but I fell in love with the franchise here

PS3 / 4:

Uncharted (the whole series really) - I've never wanted to replay games as badly as these ones. The story, the visuals, the atmosphere. Everything about them is amazing.

There's loads more, but these stand out in my mind right now

Like many others in this thread, the best example I can think of when it comes to a perfectly masterful game is Bloodborne. Even then I have a single complaint about the game (how overly convoluted co-op can sometimes be), however, Bloodborne is an easy 10/10 for me and I hope that, if a remaster or remake eventually does release, it stays absolutely true to the source material in every possible way (bar obvious changes that naturally come with a remaster/remake such as a visual overhaul). It's a game that kept me playing for well over fourteen playthroughs as I plotted my path to the maximum level, helping out a few on this site in cheesing bosses with my ridiculously overpowered build, and creating challenges for myself like speedruns and killing the final boss with the weakest armour set in the game.

Yharnam itself came to life as a character of its own, enriching the experience further with its dark secrets, thrilling inhabitants and gritty-yet-pretty environments. Every step within its cobblestone alleyways had impact and carried a story of its own - progressing seamlessly with the narrative of the hunters brutally surviving the blood-filled endless night.

• Like 2