Which game is a masterpiece for you

Rikapadupu

Hello all

Like well known, a masterpiece is considered to be a extremely good, outstanding and with great skill creation.

Im asking not to decide which game is a masterpiece, but to know which one, members consider a masterpiece.

For me is Bloodborne.i really like the grotesc setting,stylish combat, soundtrack, etc...

• Like 3

GTA IV absolute masterpiece from 2008 that still holds up today, although the online was “Okay”….playing this game now gives me such nostalgia for a post 9/11 New York City

Another Masterpiece would be Modern Warfare 2 (2009) online, The story & co-op alone are good but the atmosphere of gaming online was completely different back then, looking back now it’s a memory I cherish & unable to describe how potent the excitement & enthusiasm was growing up & actively participating during the peak of the “Console Wars”

• Like 3

Keeping strictly to PS4 era games, I have to go with the following :):

Song of Memories

A Winter's Daydream

Journey to the Savage Planet

The Language of Love

Terminator: Resistance

No Man's Sky

Deep Rock Galactic

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typos.

It's a difficult one, I must say. But I'll have to give it to LittleBigPlanet 2, which was released 13 years ago on PS3 (scary how time flies by...). This platform game came close to perfection and even today, I believe it has no equivalent. Also one of the reasons I keep my PS3 since LBP 2 is only playable on this console. 

• Like 1

The Last of Us

I feel like it set the gold standard for what many modern games have since strived for. Modern day masterpiece for sure. 

And just to throw one out there that hasn't already been mentioned yet; LA Noire. The gameplay, the writing, the setting, it captured the era perfectly and immersed me into that world so much more than most other games ever managed to do. A little bittersweet that it ended up being a one-and-done game, just adds to its legacy. 

I still hold a glimmer of hope that it gets a revival some day. 

• Like 2