A thread for the Legendary VR Missions

You can do it dude. Sometime I got so frustrated after failing something for more than 10 times I just went to sleep and the next morning I beat the challenge. 

This challenge is definitely up there in terms of difficulty. I had similar experience with the Ys Origin boss gauntlet but at least you get checkpoint after beating each boss.

• Like 3

Overall, the game feels like there's way too many arena challenges. Everywhere I go, there's an arena with several fights to complete. I don't know what was QA doing, they got over 100h of content in the game and yet, they put this lazy challenges where I have to fight the enemies I have fought in previous challenges. The amount of time you have to beat all the mini-bosses and summons over the course of the platinum is ridiculous. Like the Gold Saucer arena. The amount of times you have to beat pretty much the same mini-bosses (they just change their pairing lmao) was ridiculous. And honestly I think giving us like 15-20 good challenges in VR, with the summons+Gilgamesh+Seph as the last one would be perfectly fine. But they had put like over 50 of them. And also doing 10 bosses in a row, because 8 wasn't enough amirite lol. They seriously need to fkin chill. Got last couple Legendary challenges to go, but I'm starting to feel bored tbh. It's just doing the same thing but harder over and over again.

• Like 2

I finished this up today. While I do think the VR missions are a bit on the tedious size due to their length, at the same time, I do like a challenge. As long as you go in with the right builds and learn the basic patterns, anyone can get these done.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I finished this up today. While I do think the VR missions are a bit on the tedious size due to their length, at the same time, I do like a challenge. As long as you go in with the right builds and learn the basic patterns, anyone can get these done.

I haven't tried them yet but legendary bout 8 looks too ridiculous for me to even attempt. That 8/10 is scary.

7 minutes ago, KhalifaReplays said:

I haven't tried them yet but legendary bout 8 looks too ridiculous for me to even attempt. That 8/10 is scary.

That was the last one I did. Honestly, it wasn't that bad because at that point you know all of the bosses really well.  Took me 2 tries. I learned that Gigaflare kills you through Manawall the first time, and had no issues the second try. It just takes so long this, was like a 35-minute clear iirc.

41 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Did you do these after completing hard mode? Or before?

I completed outer worlds and and up to friendship in the legendary bouts but the thought of an hour+ long fight is intimidating.

52 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

what build you running btw? im stuck on the legendary bouts challenge 6, i get to odin and he fucks me up, mind telling me what build you used and characters and how long it took?

22 minutes ago, DeclioDukes said:

Did you do these after completing hard mode? Or before?

I completed outer worlds and and up to friendship in the legendary bouts but the thought of an hour+ long fight is intimidating.

I did Honor Among Friends after Hard mode, but it honestly doesn't make any difference.

12 minutes ago, Sarsky said:

what build you running btw? im stuck on the legendary bouts challenge 6, i get to odin and he fucks me up, mind telling me what build you used and characters and how long it took?

I used one very similar to PowerPyx.

• Like 1

Failed my first attempt at friendship bout. Combat time was 54 minutes but i probably spent an hour and a half in there pausing between rounds to plan etc. Died to Odin in the end from just a bad combo of attacks during my synergy.

The hardest fights seemed like titan, alexander, and bahamut. I barely scraped by alexander and bahamut with very little mana and some lucky breaks.

I found it extremely difficult to consistently break bahamut's wings.  I saw one video where their braver was one shotting each wing, but mine only does about 50%.  Looking for any tips here.

Other than that it's really just about making it through and recovering your mana on the easier fights. Will try again tomorrow and hopefully not choke.

I finally finished Legendary Bout: Bonds of Friendship and I died what must have been 5 or 6 times on Bahumut Arisen, 1 time on Odin, and several deaths on the previous bosses. I highly recommend practicing the last two boss as a solo or duo setup. Bahumut Arisen was my biggest hurdle due to my poor decision making when he goes aggressive.

Some tips that helped me off what I can remember:

Titan - Use Stop when he's staggered.

Hueyacoatl - Take your time and don't stack so both don't get shocked.

Phoenix - Shouldn't be too difficult if you have Elemental + Fire. Stay decently topped up on Cloud and Manawall Zack. Some Mobs can die with a 4 MP Fire hit.

Brineborn Demon - Abuse character switching (also applies to all the fights when possible to build ATB freely, letting the AI do the blocks and parries when unsure, and keep the synergy levels close together) using the character that is behind him constantly.

Kujata - Use elemental weaknesses if you want to,  or just save the MP for future encounters. Be ready for the Tri-Disaster attack and if you can't have both characters topped up fully with a Manawall on Zack, prioritize Cloud at full health. I wouldn't use Reraise yet to save on MP.

Irondclad - Similar to Hueyacoatl, keep using ranged attacks most of the time as well as not stacking, playing close when it's safe.

Alexander - Hold left stick back and dodge then hold square to aerial dash to your target. This helps with avoiding the ground damage and gives you more chances to destroy the arms.

Mindflayer - Conserve MP for the next two bosses.  Move both characters out of lightning, hide behind rocks, keep characters topped up. Standard stuff.

Bahumut Arisen - Pay attention to where you're standing when you use Braver for the wings. You want to be on the outside (not the middle) and next to the wing you want to take down or your Braver will not consistently connect.  I saved ATB Boost for this part and at least 1 ATB on Zack. This fight feels like a synergy check so make sure your ATB skill usage is more or less evenly distributed between the characters. You will die so be safe and make sure both characters have Reraise when Gigaflare happens. If you can only use Reraise once then prioritize Cloud as he can use ranged attacks to build up ATB. You can also use Phoenix and its Reraise or save it for the next fight, up to you.

Odin - Play ranged with Cloud, abuse character switching, Same deal with Reraise as the previous fight. Try to save ATB to focus thrust when he's pressured. When he does the Spatial Distortion it should be easy to dodge or just follow your AI, but feels like being hit can go pass the threshold where he starts prepping Zantetsuken. In my kill I got off a synergy attack but midway through he activated Spatial Distortion and trapped me when I got out of animation, so that can happen.

The loadout I used was

Umbral Blade (Stalwart Punisher, Defense + 50, Reprieve, Limit Gauge Guard)

Cetran Bracer

Götterdämmerung

Precision Defense Focus

Strength Up

Reraise 

Revival

ATB Assist

Limit Siphon

Phoenix

Elemental

Fire and Ice

HP Up

ATB Boost

MP Up

Skill Master

Steadfast Block

Healing

Onto the last one with Cloud and Sephiroth if anyone happens to have any tips and it's a platinum for me =).

Edit: Got it first try. Was really easy with already knowing the bosses and Sephiroth's insane dps.

Edited by rallying_cave2
  • Like 2

I just finished Bonds of Friendship. It's definitely harder and more nerve racking than ruler of the outerworlds, but I still did it on my first attempt by a complete miracle. Thought I'd choked on bahamut but thankfully I somehow didn't use up a re-raise on the first gigaflare and survived a 2nd gigaflare near the end, that was by far the hardest round. I will ill-prepared though, I didn't expect bahamut's wings to survive a braver, so I kind of panicked and stopped trying to prevent him from transforming, big mistake lol. Thankfully I made up for it by having an excellent Odin fight, finished him off just before he used zantetsuken, though I prepped myself with two re-raises (with magic efficiency) just in case.

What took me by surprise the most is not realising how much harder everything hits and how much more health all the bosses have, must be at least double or more. Might post a video and my build later on, need to beat it with sephiroth now which I've heard is much easier, but it's 3:30am here so rip.

Edited by CommodoreSellers

8 hours ago, DeclioDukes said:

I found it extremely difficult to consistently break bahamut's wings.  I saw one video where their braver was one shotting each wing, but mine only does about 50%.  Looking for any tips here.

Yeah saw this video too. If you find out how to destroy his wings in one braver, please share. Even with strength materia and the most powerful sword, I can't do it

1 hour ago, GiiDRA-_-FAiL said:

Yeah saw this video too. If you find out how to destroy his wings in one braver, please share. Even with strength materia and the most powerful sword, I can't do it

They were probably powered up with bravery from sonic boom.

Anyway this was my attempt. I tested the first round using magnify haste and barrier on cloud but ended up going with healing in the end. I use the sleek saber for the faster ATB and higher damage, still it was a miracle I got past bahamut on this run. having magic efficiency with reraise saved me.

Also bear in mind the summons and mini bosses are much stronger in the legendaries than the brutal battles. This is my run:

Edited by CommodoreSellers
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GiiDRA-_-FAiL said:

I don't know if it was the same video, but I saw one guy that comes with enemy skill materia, uses Sonic Boom which applies Bravery + Faith (I believe it's +30%). Then you put a Strength Up Materia which gives you +30%, then I think you can one shot Bahamut's wings

Got to Odin this morning on the first try in 30 minutes and choked again. Got it on the second attempt though.

Going Sleek Saber + Strength + enemy skill was so much better for me. Keeping sonic boom up with the higher base damage of sleek saber made everything so much faster. I can confirm that sonic boom + braver one shots the wings on bahamut.  Looks like I have 145 base strength and 451 attack on cloud.

Sleek Saber (ATB charge rate up x2, Attack Power +20 x2)

Cetran Bracer

Gotterdammerung

Strength up, enemy skill, magic efficiency+reraise, revival, skill master

magnify+healing, elemental + fire and ice, HP up, MP up, first strike, ATB assist

• Like 4

8 hours ago, DeclioDukes said:

Got to Odin this morning on the first try in 30 minutes and choked again. Got it on the second attempt though.

Going Sleek Saber + Strength + enemy skill was so much better for me. Keeping sonic boom up with the higher base damage of sleek saber made everything so much faster. I can confirm that sonic boom + braver one shots the wings on bahamut.  Looks like I have 145 base strength and 451 attack on cloud.

Sleek Saber (ATB charge rate up x2, Attack Power +20 x2)

Cetran Bracer

Gotterdammerung

Strength up, enemy skill, magic efficiency+reraise, revival, skill master

magnify+healing, elemental + fire and ice, HP up, MP up, first strike, ATB assist

Thanks for this build

Got this in two try

Bahamut cant even use Gigaflare

I keep my 2 ATB ready for his wing and just Braver it

Sometime it destroy it one hit but sometime it only deal 2800 damage when I dont use Sonic Boom

With Sonic Boom it will always destroy it one hit

Odin is easy with this build 

I had harder time with Titan to be honest, thankfully he's first one

• Like 1

ok so i got to sephiroth once and gilgamesh a few times but odin and alexander keeps fucking me up, biggest issue is the stupid fucking uncanceable zenetzun... i wouldn't mind if i could attack them out of it or divine judgement, but biggest issue, even with barrier and lfie saver it doesn't work or prevent everyone getting killed, despite having reprive on all my characters its just 1 shot one kill, they can even bypass safety bits...

worse of all why does odin have reprieval? why cant i dive kick or true strike him? everytime i do any ability attack he counters it, its so fucking dumb, why is that a feature or things? he can be mid attack and still use it.

seriously is there any attacks or strats i can use against odins reprieval or to stop the specials? seriously i really want to get through this shit and beat it.

Thanks to @CommodoreSellers and his tips on build I got through the Bond of Friendship challenge. Bahamut never used Gigaflare, Odin never used Zan. Of course, it's sometimes entirely up to luck, so don't get discouraged. Before this run I died twice to Odin due to his bs stop orb because he spammed character that was there and instantly Zanned me to death lol. So hopefully you won't be as unlucky as I was lol. Thanks for all the tips guys. Everything I learned along the journey is pretty much in this clip. Now it's time to do the hard mode, and the platinum shall be mine. Also I noticed Braver skill from Zack is lasting way longer than sonic boom Braver as you can see in vid below. And it's not really expensive anyway so you can put something different in the free spot to beef up yourself even more.

Edited by kamilinhoPL

31 minutes ago, Sarsky said:

ok so i got to sephiroth once and gilgamesh a few times but odin and alexander keeps fucking me up, biggest issue is the stupid fucking uncanceable zenetzun... i wouldn't mind if i could attack them out of it or divine judgement, but biggest issue, even with barrier and lfie saver it doesn't work or prevent everyone getting killed, despite having reprive on all my characters its just 1 shot one kill, they can even bypass safety bits...

worse of all why does odin have reprieval? why cant i dive kick or true strike him? everytime i do any ability attack he counters it, its so fucking dumb, why is that a feature or things? he can be mid attack and still use it.

seriously is there any attacks or strats i can use against odins reprieval or to stop the specials? seriously i really want to get through this shit and beat it.

Never really had problems with him on Brutal, he is super annoying on Legendary due to his almost 2x hp buff. So yeah, dodge his moves to the left when he rushes you or jumps. Last second dodge to the left. When he does combo dodge backwards. When he uses Sleipnir buff try to attack him when he is in the middle of animation (like attacking someone/finishing a move) or when you are behind him switch characters to aggro him and switch to Cloud and Focus thrust him, it builds up stagger very quickly. You can check my or CommodoreSellers vid to see how to tackle him properly. 

50 minutes ago, Sarsky said:

2 x Bio (venom) to start with seems to knock him into Vanish asap! Sometimes takes a little more damage, but always does the trick for me ;).

Gilgamesh though....I wish they made it easier to practice him, his fight is just him spamming attacks. He has about 30 different attacks and its annoying to practice. I accidently overwrite my Gilgamesh Intel save.

I think they went a bit too crazy this time in overtuning these bosses. Remake was one thing, but these hard bosses here are just on an entirely different level. A big problem is they nerfed all the materias but have buffed all the bosses

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1