A thread for the Legendary VR Missions

Somehow the fight with Sephiroth took me longer to get through. Sephiroth not having Haste or Bravery/Faith slowed things down, and I wasn't about to give up on my Elemental <> Fire armor slots lol. 16 mins with Zack - 2 attempts, 18 mins with Sephiroth = first try.

I exacted revenge on Odin for the way he treated me on my fight with Zack. Sephiroth's triangle counter is MADE for Odin. Also his evade -> triangle charge is quite broken. Spam that and you'll generate LB faster than Gotterdamerung. His dodge is also insane, might be better than Tifa's Chi Level 3 dodge. 

Edited by PostGameBlues

10 hours ago, BusyFace13 said:

Hi mate. I experimented with a few things. Having Fire+Elemental definitely helps, potentionally instead of ATB Stagger + Enemy Skill. I also tried replacing HP Up with Time but that just made Cloud way too squishy, even with Sephiroth's magnified Barrier.

In the end, the only change I made was adding Empowerment (Faith) instead of Enemy Skill. You lose out on some minor stats boosts, so the fights take a little longer (and the Odin fight is way more scary), but I found the other materia more valuable.

Thinks for this gonna give this a go and see how do since it’s not as bad as zack and cloud

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BusyFace13 said:

Yeah that's what I used. Pretty sure I used Magic Up in place of 'Magic Boost'. No need for MP Up as you're absorbing MP.

question his odin different on cloud n seph fight he kept countering my wind compared to cloud n zack

26 minutes ago, illumiMatty said:

question his odin different on cloud n seph fight he kept countering my wind compared to cloud n zack

As far as I can remember he was exactly the same in both fights for me. I just found him harder with Seph because I didn't have haste.

8 minutes ago, BusyFace13 said:

As far as I can remember he was exactly the same in both fights for me. I just found him harder with Seph because I didn't have haste.

yeah was just a little trail and error just finished it ty for the help with the materia 

• Like 1

Bahamut without Haste in the Sephiroth fight is a bit of a nightmare, currently assessing the Magic build and wondering if I could swap out the HP UP for a Time Materia. Couldn't get enough damage in to Stagger Bahamut before he got to Gigadrive Mode, and then after he throws off Gigaflare, he goes into Hyperdrive Mode which is even more obnoxious. I knew I was beat the second I saw that shit, but I feel great comfort in knowing that that was the first time I'd ever seen him do that shit.

Am I the only one that thinks that Sephiroth being constrained to the 9,999 Damage Limit is a wee bit underwhelming, given that he's supposed to be otherworldly levels of strong? The fact he's capped is both hilarious and somewhat disappointing to me haha.

So I've gotten up to Odin a few times with Zack using the Aero build. 

Did anyone who achieve success with the build use a different variation?

The first version with elemental + fire is the best I do with it. 

I was thinking reraise could be good but I couldn't figure out what to take out. 

• Like 1

Twice I’ve gotten Odin down to single hit levels of HP with Sephiroth, twice I’ve been ganked at the last and I’m so frustrated with this damn fight. 

I even tanked a fuckin Zantetsuken this time around, so fucked up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poisonblood said:

So I've gotten up to Odin a few times with Zack using the Aero build. 

Did anyone who achieve success with the build use a different variation?

The first version with elemental + fire is the best I do with it. 

I was thinking reraise could be good but I couldn't figure out what to take out. 

I would only put Reraise in if you’re taking out the Enemy Skill. That would be the only thing that I’d really be willing to sacrifice but for the Sephiroth fight Sonic Boom gives you Faith for keeping your Magic Damage up which is super valuable. 

Edited by GibiusMaximus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GibiusMaximus said:

I wouldn only put Reraise in if you’re taking out the Enemy Skill. That would be the only thing that I’d really be willing to sacrifice but for the Sephiroth fight Sonic Boom gives you Faith for keeping your Magic Damage up which is super valuable. 

Yeah Sonic Boom was huge in the Sephi fight. Thankfully I somehow got that bout done first try with the Powerpyx build

It's just the Zack fight I am losing my mind to. I got Odin down to 5% HP but got caught in his spatial move. 

I tried the other version of the Aero build with ATB stagger and First Srike but found I'd die way too much to elemental damage. 
So I think you're right. Reraise would probably only be good to swap with Enemy Skill. 
Just feel I need that extra cushion with Odin

Widya posted an updated run a few days ago.  This is the same exact build I used to beat the Zack bout and it shreads.  Only took me 15 minutes to clear.  Build is in the video description.

For the Sephiroth bout, I used the same build except I swapped out ATB Boost and Enemy Skill for Magnify and Time.  The extra Haste speed is super helpful for building ATB bars at the start before you turn Prime Mode on and go to town.  Took me 25 minutes to clear

Edited by I3rand0

Guys I got the plat rn 10 mins ago!

The aeroga build for zack fights is so OP I did it first try!

Like all zack did was curaga, haste and faith for cloud. Rest was all prime mode, plasma discharge and sonic boom with 2 atb for aeroga till death. 

Bahamut arisen was a problem. Cloud died to him and Zack also died but after raise'ing him so I got saved. He went to Gigaflare mode because of some tracking issue and I panicked but deleted him before the end. 

Always had a 3 bar synergy and limit in the bank as a panic button. That helped in the last stage of Odin. Zack died a total of 3 times but Cloud destroyed them no prob. 

• Like 1

You don't need to destroy Bahamut's wings to stop Particle Charge. Use a Synergy Skill (or Ability) and he gets Pressured and stops absorbing particles. Turns one of the most stressful rounds into a joke.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2024 at 11:36 AM, DeclioDukes said:

Sleek Saber (ATB charge rate up x2, Attack Power +20 x2)

Cetran Bracer

Gotterdammerung

Strength up, enemy skill, magic efficiency+reraise, revival, skill master

magnify+healing, elemental + fire and ice, HP up, MP up, first strike, ATB assist

This build worked great for me, thank you! Used it for Bonds of Friendship and To Be a Hero. I was really worried about the Legendary Trials after having struggled through Rulers of the Outer Worlds, but I had a much easier time with them. Kept count of how many attempts it took per trial:

• Cloud: 7 (had issues with the White Terror until I just went full aggro)
  • Barrett: 9 (turtle power)
  • Tifa: 4 (took a few times to learn Kid G's rhythm, got juggled by the Jabberwock once)
  • Aerith: 2 (I got swallowed by one of the slimes I think? Game might have glitched, but I couldn't move and died within a few seconds)
  • Red XIII: 1 (hell yeah)
  • Yuffie: 2 (unlucky on Joker once)
  • Cait: 2 (Moogle died at an inopportune time and I didn't have ATB to bring him back, got rushed)
  • Bonds of Friendship: 4 (died to Titan twice and Hueyacotl once)
  • To Be a Hero: 1 (Sephiroth is OP)

For the most part, I followed the strategies on PowerPyx and just needed to learn the enemies' patterns. I did change Cloud's build to use this because I was having trouble with White Terror. IIRC it was Healing that I swapped out for Enemy Skill because I just used Chakra for healing.

On the last two, the key is abusing your ally's infinite MP after Synergy. With Zach I'd cast Bravery on Cloud - after a stagger + Bravery-ed Limit/Infinity's End most stuff went down pretty quickly. With Sephiroth I just spammed Rearise for insurance against shennainganery (which was fortunate, because I got Zantetsukened in the Odin fight). Cloud also got petrified against Jabberwock and Sephiroth had to solo him, my heart rate was through the roof at that point.

Very glad to be done with all of these. Onward to the story on Hard and the Platinum!

Edited by Tothoro

I'm currently trying to do Bonds of Friendship with the Aeroga build. My issue is that Zack runs out of MP by around round 5. If Zack dies or runs out of MP, it's pretty much game over. Cloud has no way to heal himself except Soothing Breeze. Also wondering if I'd be better using Sonic Boom instead of Prime Mode.

27 minutes ago, SublimeHawk said:

I'm currently trying to do Bonds of Friendship with the Aeroga build. My issue is that Zack runs out of MP by around round 5. If Zack dies or runs out of MP, it's pretty much game over. Cloud has no way to heal himself except Soothing Breeze. Also wondering if I'd be better using Sonic Boom instead of Prime Mode.

Are you using their Synergy Ability? It gives Zack infinite MP for a time, so Zack's MP should not be a real issue during the fight

Just paused on Odin. 10th try on this guy, a kill is a Platinum. Someone save me.

Edit: Guardians make their own fate. All done. Just block...

Edited by gboccia
Update

I have now cleared Bonds of Friendship. I just need to get past the final hurdle which is To Be a Hero. Unfortunately the Aeroga build doesn't work as well for this challenge as Sephiroth doesn't have Faith or Haste. Haste is pretty much essential. I will try to swap Enemy Skill and ATB Boost for Time and Magnify.

I DID IT LETSSSS GOOOOOO

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR EVERYTHING

ODIN CAN KISS MY....

All I need to do now for the plat is Hard mode

Powerpyx says 20 hours. That the average time to do it??

Edit*

I ended up swapping out enemy skill with reviving materia. Saved me against Odin something fierce 

Edited by poisonblood

33 minutes ago, poisonblood said:

I DID IT LETSSSS GOOOOOO

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR EVERYTHING

ODIN CAN KISS MY....

All I need to do now for the plat is Hard mode

Powerpyx says 20 hours. That the average time to do it??

Edit*

I ended up swapping out enemy skill with reviving materia. Saved me against Odin something fierce 

Took me about 10 hours using gotterdammerung/yuffie+aerith cheese. Rufus is the hardest by far for multiple reasons so if you can beat him you can beat everything.

• Like 1

I never thought I would say this but Sephiroth seems to be nearly as bad as Zack. At least when you hold R1 with Zack he actually blocks. Sephiroth just stands there and takes full damage even with R1. Also Zack at least has Faith and Haste.
😄

Edited by SublimeHawk
  • Like 1