A thread for the Legendary VR Missions

10 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

2 x Bio (venom) to start with seems to knock him into Vanish asap! Sometimes takes a little more damage, but always does the trick for me ;).

Gilgamesh though....I wish they made it easier to practice him, his fight is just him spamming attacks. He has about 30 different attacks and its annoying to practice. I accidently overwrite my Gilgamesh Intel save.

I think they went a bit too crazy this time in overtuning these bosses. Remake was one thing, but these hard bosses here are just on an entirely different level. A big problem is they nerfed all the materias but have buffed all the bosses

It's all about learning the attack patterns this time around. Just check one of the vids on yt and look how they dodge/play against him, and you will know what to do.

In part 3 they might do something similar to Bloody Palace in Wutai Pagoda lol. I just don't even want to think what they gonna come up with lol. I bet it's Nomura's doing. He is evil lol. He loves that kind of challenges.

48 minutes ago, kamilinhoPL said:

It's all about learning the attack patterns this time around. Just check one of the vids on yt and look how they dodge/play against him, and you will know what to do.

In part 3 they might do something similar to Bloody Palace in Wutai Pagoda lol. I just don't even want to think what they gonna come up with lol. I bet it's Nomura's doing. He is evil lol. He loves that kind of challenges.

Thanks but its more the time spent getting to him to practise and then him just going nuts and making it difficult to practise.

Luckily I found a save which is only 45 mins before Gilgamesh Intel fight so ive just made my way back to him again so can now freely practise luckily instantly!

I'm not sure about part 3 if its a mega tedious 100% like this one again

7 hours ago, kamilinhoPL said:

Never really had problems with him on Brutal, he is super annoying on Legendary due to his almost 2x hp buff. So yeah, dodge his moves to the left when he rushes you or jumps. Last second dodge to the left. When he does combo dodge backwards. When he uses Sleipnir buff try to attack him when he is in the middle of animation (like attacking someone/finishing a move) or when you are behind him switch characters to aggro him and switch to Cloud and Focus thrust him, it builds up stagger very quickly. You can check my or CommodoreSellers vid to see how to tackle him properly. 

Thank you! Ill bare in mind! Appreciate advice

update, i find i can get to sephiroth if i beat odin and alexander wshich issue isnt zenutzen but divine judgment, getting enough pressure is annoying especially when odin drains my like a bitch.

when i get sephiroth, you can dodg the the shadow chains if timed right, however can you block it? can you do something to deal with it? he ltierally does it every ten seconds and without life saver activated or a barrier oyur fucked, which is annoying because barrier only lasts like 10 seconds its so worthless...

honestly times like this you wish game never exsisted lol the ammount of breaks needed to get my head in gear is insane.

running with yuffie, tiffa and barret, eexperimenting with different items etc. i found half limit gauge item has helped me a lot.

@AttenzionoI have a question for those who have done all the Brutal and Legendary missions. Do you agree with the advice from the PowerPyx trophy guide to use Cloud, Red XIII and Yuffie for all fights where you have a full team? I personally consider Red XIII to be the second-worst party member after Cait Sith. I barely used him during my story playthrough. His abilities seem underwhelming to me, and it takes too long to get Vengeance mode fully charged. Yuffie is good against flying enemies, but I find her underwhelming against ground enemies and bosses. I prefer to use Cloud, Barret and Tifa. Aerith and Cait Sith are simply not viable for any fights except those where you are forced to use them in my opinion. Mainly because Aerith is too slow to charge ATB, which makes her a liability in most fights, and Cait is just clunky AF to play.

Edited by SublimeHawk

Just finished my last challenge with bonds of friendships and honestly tought it would take me forever after struggling hard on Titan for some reason. Once i got past titan with no issues i had less problems with the rest. Bahamut i was scared off but only 1 gigaflare went off and i had Reraise for that. Finally can start my hard mode playtrough!

My setup was Sleek saber (ATB charge rate up x2 Attack power +20)

Cetran Bracer

Gõtterdãmmerung

Magnify + Healing, HP UP, MP UP, Strength Up, ATB Assist
Elemental + fire and ice, Skill Master, First Strike, Magic Efficiency + Reraise, Revival, Limit siphon

Titan felt hardest to me until i figured out how to kill him in 1 stagger
Bahamut i made sure to always have atb for the wings and wasnt that bad after that, got 1 gigaflare

Alexander is a funny one as you can avoid most of his attacks if in the air
Odin i kinda winged it. and kept Reraise up incase i messed up.

On 3/15/2024 at 12:36 PM, DeclioDukes said:

Got to Odin this morning on the first try in 30 minutes and choked again. Got it on the second attempt though.

Going Sleek Saber + Strength + enemy skill was so much better for me. Keeping sonic boom up with the higher base damage of sleek saber made everything so much faster. I can confirm that sonic boom + braver one shots the wings on bahamut.  Looks like I have 145 base strength and 451 attack on cloud.

Sleek Saber (ATB charge rate up x2, Attack Power +20 x2)

Cetran Bracer

Gotterdammerung

Strength up, enemy skill, magic efficiency+reraise, revival, skill master

magnify+healing, elemental + fire and ice, HP up, MP up, first strike, ATB assist

Thank you so much dude. This build made it very doable.🙏

• Like 1

Probably the easiest way to deal with Virtual Sephiroth is to equip Precision Defense and just perfect block his melee shadowy chains. He will never use the ranged chain if 2 characters are already chained. Also, every time you see that he's starting shadowy chains, press the command menu for the slowdown and immediately switch to the character that Sephiroth is targeting to try to perfect block it.

For Odin you need to dodge all his attacks. Perfect blocking is not ideal since all the purple glowing attacks give you a debuff that makes him retaliate if you use ATB. Honestly the first phase is the hardest but after he uses Lord of the Battlefield, it becomes a lot easier since all his attacks are super telegraphed. You could also save your Limit and Synergy attacks in case you mess up since they lower his Zantetsuken gauge by a lot or they'll just instantly pressure him.

Like others have mentioned, Sonic Boom with Braver is the best way to deal with Bahamuts wings. But you should cast Reraise on both characters anyway as soon as possible so it's not a big deal if you can't destroy them.

I don't really have any advice for Gilgamesh though... He's just an annoying spammer lol. Just make sure you have full mana on all characters when you reach him and always cast Barrier when the countdown is at one.

9 hours ago, SublimeHawk said:

@AttenzionoI have a question for those who have done all the Brutal and Legendary missions. Do you agree with the advice from the PowerPyx trophy guide to use Cloud, Red XIII and Yuffie for all fights where you have a full team? I personally consider Red XIII to be the second-worst party member after Cait Sith. I barely used him during my story playthrough. His abilities seem underwhelming to me, and it takes too long to get Vengeance mode fully charged. Yuffie is good against flying enemies, but I find her underwhelming against ground enemies and bosses. I prefer to use Cloud, Barret and Tifa. Aerith and Cait Sith are simply not viable for any fights except those where you are forced to use them in my opinion. Mainly because Aerith is too slow to charge ATB, which makes her a liability in most fights, and Cait is just clunky AF to play.

As a huge Red user, I think Red is a pretty versatile fighter with really useful supporting skills such as giving everyone Haste or using the Vengeance gauge to heal for free, and he's also very beefy. Yuffie is very useful and can do both ranged and close up, but I found Barret to be the best support character. I never liked Barret, but his Legendary solo, and Dyne on Hard Mode will make you use him at its fullest and it's a ton of fun. In my Brutal win, Lifesaver literally did what it had to do and saved my ass. So my team was Cloud, Red and Barret, but it really can be anyone, you just need to have a strat. Cloud, Barret Tifa seems like a good team, somebody already did a less than 8 minute Brutal Challenge with this team, it works like a charm

5 hours ago, Foremanskin said:

Probably the easiest way to deal with Virtual Sephiroth is to equip Precision Defense and just perfect block his melee shadowy chains. He will never use the ranged chain if 2 characters are already chained. Also, every time you see that he's starting shadowy chains, press the command menu for the slowdown and immediately switch to the character that Sephiroth is targeting to try to perfect block it.

For Odin you need to dodge all his attacks. Perfect blocking is not ideal since all the purple glowing attacks give you a debuff that makes him retaliate if you use ATB. Honestly the first phase is the hardest but after he uses Lord of the Battlefield, it becomes a lot easier since all his attacks are super telegraphed. You could also save your Limit and Synergy attacks in case you mess up since they lower his Zantetsuken gauge by a lot or they'll just instantly pressure him.

Like others have mentioned, Sonic Boom with Braver is the best way to deal with Bahamuts wings. But you should cast Reraise on both characters anyway as soon as possible so it's not a big deal if you can't destroy them.

I don't really have any advice for Gilgamesh though... He's just an annoying spammer lol. Just make sure you have full mana on all characters when you reach him and always cast Barrier when the countdown is at one.

he still uses ranged chain on you even if two are captured, maybe because one has fallen he will use ranged but the fact is i have had all my runs fucked when 1 or 2 team memebers down and he uses that ranged one which is impossible to dodge, amazing game design by devs, and he fucks you up and ruins your day meaning you have to restart the stupid challenge again...

but besides that great rest of advice though.

This was helll, Playing as Zack is completely unfun remembering to charge his abilities...Anyone encountered glitch when Boss refused to move after This Supposed to be 1 shot kill!?
Odin unleashed Zantestuken but I have prive/Rerise on Zack the unleashed both limit breaks and He completely stopped moving and let me finish this long ass gauntlet without stress of another Zantestuken ending my 1 hour RUN!

I'm curious what causing this, because it seems like some scripts can break if you ressurect after 1 hit move causing boss to be frozed in place or maybe Phoenix did this?

I saw on Powerpyx video Bahamut stopped moving for him too 

Edited by mati11120

I haven't beaten the game yet but I've been doing some of the challenges and damn even the first few are tough haha 

BTW I've been practicing Odin and I've found that blocking in Punisher Mode doesn't seem to build up Zantetsuken, I've done like 8 runs with this strat and Odin never does it, don't know if it's still the same on the Legendary Bouts but it's something that could potentially save the runs from having that one hit kill looming over the player

54 minutes ago, diogoarez said:

I haven't beaten the game yet but I've been doing some of the challenges and damn even the first few are tough haha 

BTW I've been practicing Odin and I've found that blocking in Punisher Mode doesn't seem to build up Zantetsuken, I've done like 8 runs with this strat and Odin never does it, don't know if it's still the same on the Legendary Bouts but it's something that could potentially save the runs from having that one hit kill looming over the player

you can try it on The rulers of the outer worlds but don't try and risk it at the Cloud/Zack,Odin is in  the fuckin 10 round 

by this point you will spend on it around 1 hr,All bosses are buffed more hp than hard version of the Rulers so he needs a lot less hits to tell Gjalahorn Warning ⚠️ then After 1 hit Zantestuken, Phoenix summon,Rise and Arise is essential here 

with Sephiroth synergy you can cast barrier+Magnify even Arise+magnify 

its going to be a lot easier than Zack

16 minutes ago, Attenziono said:

For anyone interested, here's a strat I found online that I think might be viable.

It's one of the fastest times I've seen so far, props to the uploader

Wow that looks amazing, risky but the time save alone seems worth it, 20 minutes instead of 1h is great 

This took me a few tries because of extremely bad luck on a few fights near the end.  I managed to finish 10 rounds with Cloud and Zack in 24 minutes.  I had one of the unluckiest Odin fights I've ever seen and I recorded a video of it but I haven't decided if I'll upload the run or not just yet.  I got Odin to around 10% hp and used a synergy ability but he decided to use his stupid ability that makes half of the arena a no go zone.. and completely dodged my synergy ability and then I was still stuck in the animation on the side where you take constant damage.  After that Odin decided to use zantetsuken so I tried to end him before then with Cloud's level 3 limit break but he canceled my limit break to zantetsuken anyway before the long ass animation was over and killed me, but I had reraise up on both Zack and Cloud.  He then killed Cloud when I was switching to Zack to try to build up some ATB and the Gilgamesh I summoned killed Odin with his ultimate attack and won for me.  Absolute bullshit that I could have nearly lost because the way the devs implemented limit breaks and synergy abilities is frankly not fair and gives the AI too much advantage.  Synergy abilities do not have i-frames so you can get killed during them, they also can be countered by the AI deciding to do moves that teleport them and even punish you when things like Odin's arena wide attack can trap you in some shitty situation.  Limit breaks can be outright canceled by the fucking bosses doing their own thing as well.

Anyway.. the key to getting more DPS and faster kills during this is to use prime mode with Cloud.  You want to get your first synergy ability with Zack to level up your limit break to level 2 or 3, after that put bravery on Cloud with Zack or use Sonic Boom with Cloud.  Next you want to stagger the boss.. preferably by switching to punisher stance and holding square for the prime mode combo which gives Cloud a massive 40% damage buff for about 10 seconds.  After the boss is staggered.. if it isn't immune to stop use stop with Zack on it and then activate Cloud's level 2 or 3 limit break with the prime mode berserker damage buff.  It will do incredible damage and if its still not dead.. just spam braver and keep using stop with Zack.  On the fights where the boss is immune to stop.. well you just have to try to get your prime buff before the boss is staggered so you can immediately limit break.  You'll probably need 2 staggers for those bosses.

Bahamut and Odin are kinda bullshit and a lot of things can go wrong that aren't necessarily controllable.  I lost one run to Bahamut because not once.. but two or three times did I fail to break both wings because his stupid particle debuff blew up Cloud right before or right as I was executing braver on the second wing which toppled him and prevented me from getting the pressure phase.  Then I got screwed trying to cast a revive like usual.  Odin is just a broken fight in FF7 Rebirth, frankly it needs patched.  I tested a lot of solo kills against him and there is really no pattern to when he decides to get pressured or not.  I took over 80% of his life once and he never pressured and ultimately killed him while he was trying to zantetsuken me.  The pressure phase is not damage related, it doesn't seem to be dodging attacks either as I have activated it mostly doing perfect blocks.  Synergy abilities tend to work best on the Zack/Cloud version of Odin at least.. so I recommend doing that.  Odin sucks though and it blows my mind that he would have ended my near perfect run if I didn't bring reraise just in case simply because I think the fight is broken.

Also, I have to wonder what the hell the devs were thinking with Zack's design.  The charge system is unbelievably bad.  It decreases ridiculously fast before you can do any of his good attacks like high braver.. and you are immobilized which is like.. somewhere near the bottom of things you ever fucking want to do in an action game.  Supposedly you can charge it by hitting triangle after doing basic attacks but I never noticed anything different about it.  The game needs a patch to iron out the terrible translation issues that explain many of the boss mechanics and ability mechanics because so much stuff just doesn't work how it says.

EDIT: On second thought.. I have been playing Zack a bit more and redid the duo with zack/cloud and got my clear time down to 16 minutes.  I think Zack is decent once I read that his quick charge after his combos works similar to Nero's exceed from DMC 4 or 5.  It is still a little tricky to time but getting his charge up quicker that way is nice because you can use his more powerful abilities to help you out more.  He also has pretty good buff magic with empowerment and time.  I personally think the issue is more that you aren't given any opportunities to learn him properly before they throw a very difficult end game legendary bout at you.  There should have been some easier trials for both Zack and Sephiroth other than the training where they just throw some stupid early game enemies that die in like 2 hits before you can test any of their kit.  Overall, with some planning and understanding of the fights and Zack's kit this duo bout is very very doable in sub 20 minutes.

Edited by Elegy

So, I'm completely done with the game, but wanted to prove to myself that I didn't finish Zack's bout by sheer luck and there it is, playing more aggressively with Cloud and abusing counters I was able to complete the challenge once again, this time under 40 minutes (real life time, 23 min IGT) and make sure that no summon was actually able to use their special attack ever (ok, a Tri-disaster slipped through, sue me). 

I effin OWNED that mf Bahamut that caused me so much trouble in previous runs.  Bravery + Strength Up Materia + Braver in the air is more than enough to cripple Bahamuth's wings in one hit, it's a complete game changer.

I feel so empowered and suddenly this challenge feels like it's doable, it's possible, my current best time was full of stupid mistakes and misplays, with time this effin challenge can be torn to shreds so that this platinum doesn't feel so unobtainable. What a rush of adrenaline. If you're close to giving up, don't. I think that with a lot of practice and know-how of how every enemy works, it's entirely possible to do this challenge solo. I won't be the one to do it though... 
😄

2 hours ago, Attenziono said:

So, I'm completely done with the game, but wanted to prove to myself that I didn't finish Zack's bout by sheer luck and there it is, playing more aggressively with Cloud and abusing counters I was able to complete the challenge once again, this time under 40 minutes (real life time, 23 min IGT) and make sure that no summon was actually able to use their special attack ever (ok, a Tri-disaster slipped through, sue me). 

I effin OWNED that mf Bahamut that caused me so much trouble in previous runs.  Bravery + Strength Up Materia + Braver in the air is more than enough to cripple Bahamuth's wings in one hit, it's a complete game changer.

I feel so empowered and suddenly this challenge feels like it's doable, it's possible, my current best time was full of stupid mistakes and misplays, with time this effin challenge can be torn to shreds so that this platinum doesn't feel so unobtainable. What a rush of adrenaline. If you're close to giving up, don't. I think that with a lot of practice and know-how of how every enemy works, it's entirely possible to do this challenge solo. I won't be the one to do it though... 
😄

Did you use the new start from the 15 min guy? Only thing that I'm worried about is Square will see so many people beating it with ease, and in part 3 they make us fight 20 fkin bosses in a row lol.

On 3/14/2024 at 9:17 PM, Pawelos21 said:

Those challenges are amazing and I am so happy that my favorite game also has trophies which are harder than most other games. That is good cause it will divide those casual players from dedicated skilled players. In my opinion THIS is what trophies should be about! :) 

Well said pelzio

• Like 1

Just got the platinum right now holy shit that felt good! 😄 titan and bahamut are the toughest fight for me, took me 41 mins for zack and cloud legendary bout and 28 mins on sephiroth bout.
I used rancid breath on titan lol it works on phoenix and kujata too, envenom is great for early fights. reraise save my ass on alexander and bahamut😭.

highly recommended to do sephiroth's bout first to get that extra stats on cloud's weapon. 👍

Cloud build
Weapon: Sleek saber: Magnifiy-Time, HP & MP UP precision defense and steadfast block materia,
Armor: Cetran Bracer: Magnify-Healing, Elemental-fire & ice, Enemy Skill, First Strike, Reraise
Accesory: Gotterdammerung
Weapon skills: ATB Charge rate up x2, Attack power x2.

my biggest issue is i get reprieve or whatever ability after gigalash on bahumut, just for him to neo drive after that attack and kill me at 1 hp... devs are a  bunch of assholes for that... seriously is there a way to survive it?

ive started saving all my atb for when he particle charges but somtimes stupid particles can damage you or your character can miss hit box, not only that but he does stupid damage so you need heal all time and i see people doign ridiculous amounts of damage in these videos, i copy and follow a long and i get no where near as  much damage following the videos strats all time except the R1 plus x strat at right time.

ive gotten close killing bahamut several times just to be beaten upheavel etc...

its sucks cause i see everyone brag about how easy or casual they can do it now, people doing it so fast and well all these new videos, i keep practising and trying and everytime i get wave 9/10 and fail, i feel so demoralised... like i love this game and love beating these acomplishments, but i hate that the game feels like im just slogging through, i hate making progress or getting far just to be absolutely humiliated near the end or by some cheap bullshit or unpredictable attacks.

ive really begun to slow down on touching or playing this game, i have fun getting better and improving and i enjoy combat, but honestly i might need a break, cause i hate putting effort into something, just to have it taken away from me and made to feel stupid or i wasted my time. really wish i was as passionate and skilled as you guys.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Sarsky said:

my biggest issue is i get reprieve or whatever ability after gigalash on bahumut, just for him to neo drive after that attack and kill me at 1 hp... devs are a  bunch of assholes for that... seriously is there a way to survive it?

ive started saving all my atb for when he particle charges but somtimes stupid particles can damage you or your character can miss hit box, not only that but he does stupid damage so you need heal all time and i see people doign ridiculous amounts of damage in these videos, i copy and follow a long and i get no where near as  much damage following the videos strats all time except the R1 plus x strat at right time.

ive gotten close killing bahamut several times just to be beaten upheavel etc...

its sucks cause i see everyone brag about how easy or casual they can do it now, people doing it so fast and well all these new videos, i keep practising and trying and everytime i get wave 9/10 and fail, i feel so demoralised... like i love this game and love beating these acomplishments, but i hate that the game feels like im just slogging through, i hate making progress or getting far just to be absolutely humiliated near the end or by some cheap bullshit or unpredictable attacks.

ive really begun to slow down on touching or playing this game, i have fun getting better and improving and i enjoy combat, but honestly i might need a break, cause i hate putting effort into something, just to have it taken away from me and made to feel stupid or i wasted my time. really wish i was as passionate and skilled as you guys.

I know, it's terrible.

But don't worry. My suggestion? Challenge Bahamut Full Might alone and learn his attack patterns. To do Gigaflare it takes a lot of time and if you develop a safe strategy for when he does particle charge, he'll never get there.

Another thing, learn how to use Zack properly. Get Bonds of Friendship and try to learn timing for quick charge during the titan fight.

I found that the best way to charge Zack up is 

Attack once --> Quick Charge --> Attack again

Attack once more --> Quick Charge --> Attack again

This simple 6 button combo gets your Charge level to 3 and you can unleash High Braver which can melt a lot of enemies.

For a safer strategy, use Phoenix when against Bahamut and put Reraise on both characters (you get it MP free for 2 ATB charges).

You can do it. I was now able to finish it sub 30 (18 minutes IGT) and I was at your exact same place a few days ago.

Also remember to train against Odin, you don't want to fail a boss which isn't even that hard right at the end. With Odin you either play super aggressively or super defensively, there's no inbetween

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Attenziono said:

I know, it's terrible.

But don't worry. My suggestion? Challenge Bahamut Full Might alone and learn his attack patterns. To do Gigaflare it takes a lot of time and if you develop a safe strategy for when he does particle charge, he'll never get there.

Another thing, learn how to use Zack properly. Get Bonds of Friendship and try to learn timing for quick charge during the titan fight.

I found that the best way to charge Zack up is 

Attack once --> Quick Charge --> Attack again

Attack once more --> Quick Charge --> Attack again

This simple 6 button combo gets your Charge level to 3 and you can unleash High Braver which can melt a lot of enemies.

For a safer strategy, use Phoenix when against Bahamut and put Reraise on both characters (you get it MP free for 2 ATB charges).

You can do it. I was now able to finish it sub 30 (18 minutes IGT) and I was at your exact same place a few days ago.

Also remember to train against Odin, you don't want to fail a boss which isn't even that hard right at the end. With Odin you either play super aggressively or super defensively, there's no inbetween

appreciate getting this message! really usefull! ill definitely be using this!