A thread for the Legendary VR Missions

33 minutes ago, Sarsky said:

appreciate getting this message! really usefull! ill definitely be using this!

Also the only way to tank gigaflare if he does get it off is by having manawall on cloud and around 7200hp, Zack will always die to it no matter what, best to have reraise just in case or try to avoid gigadrive mode entirely.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CommodoreSellers said:

Also the only way to tank gigaflare if he does get it off is by having manawall on cloud and around 7200hp, Zack will always die to it no matter what, best to have reraise just in case or try to avoid gigadrive mode entirely.

Had manawall and Gigaflare did 9999 damage to me. Reraise seems the only way, but I would suggest killing him before he does Gigaflare, because it can be a random shitshow if he pulls it off.

27 minutes ago, CommodoreSellers said:

you guys are awesome! appreciate all this! i hope now i can get this shit show on the road and amster the game!

3 hours ago, kamilinhoPL said:

Did you use the new start from the 15 min guy? Only thing that I'm worried about is Square will see so many people beating it with ease, and in part 3 they make us fight 20 fkin bosses in a row lol.

I'll definitely use that strat but yeah I'm scared Square will learn the wrong lesson from this game and make 3's platinum even harder, can't wait for a 4 hour boss gauntlet, FFVII's own Mein Leben lmao 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

so made a few attempts, almost killed bahumut, literally survived a gigaflare with him almost being dead, i needed 1 hit but then the fucker dodged my last attack to kill him and 1 shotted me, i am getting closer but i genuinely despise the devs and people who made this game, ill try again later... hopefully better luck, just want to see a update that nerfs this dog shit

• Like 3

Just now, Sarsky said:

so made a few attempts, almost killed bahumut, literally survived a gigaflare with him almost being dead, i needed 1 hit but then the fucker dodged my last attack to kill him and 1 shotted me, i am getting closer but i genuinely despise the devs and people who made this game, ill try again later... hopefully better luck, just want to see a update that nerfs this dog shit

If you can't stop the Gigaflare from happening, right after reraise try to aggro him on one character, block his moves and try to slap his back with the other one to build up ATB and heal up quickly. Easier said than done, but you will eventually get it. You need to finish him quickly tho, because he might unleash another Gigaflare right after. That's why I like to kill him before he even starts Gigaflare. Don't look down on Odin tho. He's not a pushover either. A fight can go wrong in seconds. Just play defensively, use reraise and you should be fine.

4 minutes ago, kamilinhoPL said:

If you can't stop the Gigaflare from happening, right after reraise try to aggro him on one character, block his moves and try to slap his back with the other one to build up ATB and heal up quickly. Easier said than done, but you will eventually get it. You need to finish him quickly tho, because he might unleash another Gigaflare right after. That's why I like to kill him before he even starts Gigaflare. Don't look down on Odin tho. He's not a pushover either. A fight can go wrong in seconds. Just play defensively, use reraise and you should be fine.

heres my issue, nova stuff keeps getting me, the flame attacks should be counted as fire but it isn't which is incredibly dumb, i know you can counter with r1 and x a lot of these moves but it feels unatural, i usually get him 25 percent health before giga flare, but problem is he keeps getting my health down all time since he has massive damage pull, also i couldn't get summon to appeaar at all whatsoever the meter never showed up during entire fight so it wasn'y any help sadly.

i want to get a haste but most of my time is spent with zack trying to heal me due to undodgable/blockable attacks, hence why as soon as i get synergy i always go for the defense stuff so i hope i can try getting haste applied meaning mya tb gvrows like shit.

also i need to know how do you use dissorder? is it a atb move? or a certain input? i heard from people about that move and see people mention it but not sure how that works.

i think what i might do is save all my atb till he charges and focus using it then and store and save it to make things easier and tyr that aproach instead of being hypoer agressive like in videos.

as for odin, i don't think at all he will be easy, i know you just got to focus on blocking and countering right time, and hoping pull in enough damage, his second phase isn't too bad compared to first but you got to becareful of his 1 shot kill move, i practised him a lot on ruler of outer world a lot, he was my run killer more then gilgameshn or sepohiroth, but i know he is way stronger and bulkier... honestly this is going take tons of practise.

also acessory wise i started using fortitude ring to try helping but not sure if that makes much difrence, if theres another acessory might help ill look into it but im trying different aproaches based on advice.

Ok so i beat it now!

Heres some tips!

Activate braver from zack and use clouds darkside mode, then use limit break and change to zack so you can get enought atb for haste.

Then use cloud to get prime mode and block most sttacks, save atb for parts like gilgamesh fight.

As for odin, he is aa high dp but i aced him first try, he typically attacks whatever character you control do if your charscters hp is low switch, build up atb and heal, dont worry wasting on odin!

Just got sephiroths mission now, not sure how hard it is compared zacks but i got fair more experience now i beat zacks.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Sarsky said:

Ok so i beat it now!

Heres some tips!

Activate braver from zack and use clouds darkside mode, then use limit break and change to zack so you can get enought atb for haste.

Then use cloud to get prime mode and block most sttacks, save atb for parts like gilgamesh fight.

As for odin, he is aa high dp but i aced him first try, he typically attacks whatever character you control do if your charscters hp is low switch, build up atb and heal, dont worry wasting on odin!

Just got sephiroths mission now, not sure how hard it is compared zacks but i got fair more experience now i beat zacks.

Congrats!!

Don't worry, Sephi is super easy, the summon bosses are the same, and Sephi has Reraise, Magnify Barrier and other cool stuff that can be done with 0 MP after Synergy. Not only that, his ATB builds like crazy and has incredible mobility. It's day and night, really.

If anyone is interested, here's my sub 30 try

There's plenty of misplays, Hueyacoatl still eludes me, and I had a bad run against Alexander, who usually is my b*. Very good rounds against Odin and Bahamut. No summon used its special attack. I can improve with Kujata, I find it very unpredictable.

Edit: I'm now trying with Genji Glove instead of Gotterdammerung, exceeding 9999 damage really is a game changer when Infinity's End can do 15-30k in 1 hit. And this is without Darkside because I never levelled it, but should do it for my next try

Edited by Attenziono

After two very rough deaths to Odin, I decided to check out this thread and look at the builds.

Finally I got the platinum the next attempt and it’s all thanks to you guys! I made some build adjustments and made mine how I saw fit. I was able to max out Cloud’s weapon levels so I got to deal some extra damage. I put on enemy skill and I put on Genji Gloves which made the damage output insane! Activate prime mode and getting that Berserk buff, then when they are staggered, Infinity would do over 30k damage which made me destroy some bosses! I kept dying to Odin cause I tried to dodge him all the time. I put on defense precision materia and it made the difference. This is when I found out that I’m better at parrying than dodging his attacks. It was like night and day for me (Thank you Sekiro for teaching me). I used Reraise for Bahamut because my braver wasn’t connecting on his wings, which got me shooked. Luckily deflecting his attacks filled up his stagger time to time and I was able to destroy his wings once after that.

My final run time was 25 mins. I can’t believe perfect deflecting attacks would be good for me. I guess it was what the others were saying, defense is the best offense when playing, especially Odin

21 hours ago, Sarsky said:

Did sephi first try all vr complete! Thanks guys so much!

Congrats! I remember when you started and felt hopeless. But like I said, getting good is actually a thing here. So I think this plat is possible for anyone with proper training/build. Also, Genji Gloves/Darkside/Bravery might get this thing even easier for people. It's crazy that there's a new setup each day lol. Community is really making this seemingly hard challenges look average in terms of difficulty. So yeah, suck on this Square lol.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2024 at 1:02 PM, diogoarez said:

I'll definitely use that strat but yeah I'm scared Square will learn the wrong lesson from this game and make 3's platinum even harder, can't wait for a 4 hour boss gauntlet, FFVII's own Mein Leben lmao 

Somehow I don't think they'll do that.  I think they actually designed some of them with these fast and easy strats on purpose.  I had a feeling when the first guides came out that they weren't the easiest ways to beat these sims and it seems my feelings were mostly right.

Remake and Intermission both had easier ways to tackle their hardest sim challenges, some where ridiculously easy too (like Optinoobs Weiss strat).  Personally I'd like to see more challenges like Weiss where they have some sort of trick to them, rather than pure punishing difficulty.

14 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

Somehow I don't think they'll do that.  I think they actually designed some of them with these fast and easy strats on purpose.  I had a feeling when the first guides came out that they weren't the easiest ways to beat these sims and it seems my feelings were mostly right.

Remake and Intermission both had easier ways to tackle their hardest sim challenges, some where ridiculously easy too (like Optinoobs Weiss strat).  Personally I'd like to see more challenges like Weiss where they have some sort of trick to them, rather than pure punishing difficulty.

I would rather play 1-3 difficult bosses than gauntlet of 10 that's wasting you so much time. Especially in the beginning when there was no proper guide, and even Powerpyx was doing these challenges in 80 freakin minutes.

• Like 3

unfortunately I abandon it at 85%, I can't win at challenge 6, after having wasted 20 hours trying again and again, changing builds etc., that's enough. I haven't even gotten close to the legendary ones, I don't even do the second difficult Run, it's so useless, they made these tests too punitive and they go too randomly

5 minutes ago, darktore said:

unfortunately I abandon it at 85%, I can't win at challenge 6, after having wasted 20 hours trying again and again, changing builds etc., that's enough. I haven't even gotten close to the legendary ones, I don't even do the second difficult Run, it's so useless, they made these tests too punitive and they go too randomly

Check the Aerith infinite limit strat? It might help you out. 

1 hour ago, kamilinhoPL said:

I would rather play 1-3 difficult bosses than gauntlet of 10 that's wasting you so much time. Especially in the beginning when there was no proper guide, and even Powerpyx was doing these challenges in 80 freakin minutes.

Exactly!  Hopefully more quick and easy strategies can be discovered.  I've already decided that I'm not going to be bothered if I can't platinum.  I'll try, but unless I feel truly confident I can do whichever one stops me, and do it in a convenient to me time frame per attempt, then I'll end up throwing I'm the towel.  And frankly, that may be the minigames that kills it for me.  Hated the ones in Remake/Intermission, so I know this'll be worse.

I'm going to hold off playing until after I at least give Rise of the Rōnin some time though.  I needed a break after finishing Intermission.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coregamer1998 said:

so close, i min maxed DPS on cloud so he didnt have healing only raise which is why hes still at 72 MP

Man, I had a very similar loss myself, Odin was basically dead.

You could've won this if you hadn't gone for the braver right away, just a few steps back so he goes into Sleipnir's Furor and then a good bonk.

This is the typical Soulsborne loss, when you see a sliver of health left, immediately drop all defenses and go for the kill. It happens, it's infuriating

6 hours ago, coregamer1998 said:

so close, i min maxed DPS on cloud so he didnt have healing only raise which is why hes still at 72 MP

Dude I had odin on the same amount of health too lol For mine though Prime mode switch and I was trying to get it back on and it just wouldnt, I was gutted 

Is there any build thats decent without the genji gloves, or should i just get them, i wanted to do everything possible before going for hard mode?

Edit: I didnt realize i only needed to do 2 fight and that i could come back to normal straightaway. Let's try it with some genji gloves, hopefully i can get those 40k infinity end attacks

Edited by andrehunter

1 hour ago, andrehunter said:

Is there any build thats decent without the genji gloves, or should i just get them, i wanted to do everything possible before going for hard mode?

Edit: I didnt realize i only needed to do 2 fight and that i could come back to normal straightaway. Let's try it with some genji gloves, hopefully i can get those 40k infinity end attacks

Careful that to reach 40k you need a lot of conditions. Sleek Saber with Attack Up. Strength Up Materia, Bravery, Darkside, "super" Berserk from Prime Mode and only then you can reach 40k damage on a staggered enemy. Honestly, I think that for a first try a more conservative Gotterdammerung is the better choice

2 hours ago, Attenziono said:

Careful that to reach 40k you need a lot of conditions. Sleek Saber with Attack Up. Strength Up Materia, Bravery, Darkside, "super" Berserk from Prime Mode and only then you can reach 40k damage on a staggered enemy. Honestly, I think that for a first try a more conservative Gotterdammerung is the better choice

Reached Bahamut in my first attempt, I was trying to mimic the Really easy strat on youtube, but the guy actually pretty much blocks every attack, i died a bunch of times, even finished some of the rounds alone, since i didnt have raise on Cloud and Zack had died, do you have any good setup for the Gotterdammerung? I'll try the genji gloves a couple more times, and mayse take enervation out to make room for raise just in case Zack dies and im not hopeless.

Edit: it was really a fluke, cant get past round 4 now, hate that demon, because you have to be pretty decent at dodging or parry to get past him, not idea how i got to bahamut on the first try ahah

Edited by andrehunter