A thread for the Legendary VR Missions

5 hours ago, andrehunter said:

Reached Bahamut in my first attempt, I was trying to mimic the Really easy strat on youtube, but the guy actually pretty much blocks every attack, i died a bunch of times, even finished some of the rounds alone, since i didnt have raise on Cloud and Zack had died, do you have any good setup for the Gotterdammerung? I'll try the genji gloves a couple more times, and mayse take enervation out to make room for raise just in case Zack dies and im not hopeless.

Edit: it was really a fluke, cant get past round 4 now, hate that demon, because you have to be pretty decent at dodging or parry to get past him, not idea how i got to bahamut on the first try ahah

For round 4 I found it easiest to not bother with  your buffs  until hes pressured, he goes for a quick attack straight away so press triangle to parry going into punisher, then just keep holding r1, you can get zack to give cloud bravery during this for later on, but once hes pressured put on prime mode, atb boost to then give darkside and plasma charge, then hold square for some attacks, when he goes for zack focused thrust until staggered. My very first fight I struggled but now hes one of the easiest bosses in this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Surgical_Assault said:

For round 4 I found it easiest to not bother with  your buffs  until hes pressured, he goes for a quick attack straight away so press triangle to parry going into punisher, then just keep holding r1, you can get zack to give cloud bravery during this for later on, but once hes pressured put on prime mode, atb boost to then give darkside and plasma charge, then hold square for some attacks, when he goes for zack focused thrust until staggered. My very first fight I struggled but now hes one of the easiest bosses in this.

I second this. Remember that when he's not pressured he won't use ranged attacks, so you can abuse the Punisher counter. When he raises the shield, if you hit him with a ranged attack (like Cloud's dodge --> attack) he counters with fire and should heal you if you have Elemental + Fire and Ice.

I've been trying a couple rounds solo with Cloud and got as far as the Iron Giant, I'll admit that the demon was a wall I didn't expect, you have to learn his attack patterns when he's not pressured.

I finished up the Brutal challenges last night. 

About to go for the legendary bouts and then finish up with hard mode to close out the plat.

I know Powerpyx was running some outdated strats for brutal, so I switched it up with Yuffie + Brumal method which worked from the other threads.

Are there some great builds for the individual solo bouts folks would recommend or is Powerpyx rocking good builds still for these?

25 minutes ago, poisonblood said:

Are there some great builds for the individual solo bouts folks would recommend or is Powerpyx rocking good builds still for these?

I've done all solo challenges except Barret's (left it until last because I've heard it's the hardest solo challenge) and I used Powerpyx's guide for all of them with no issues.

The only criticism I have is that Cait's guide mentions that he has a 50% chance to get a free use of his limit break but this didn't happen to me once over about 4 or 5 attempts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Attenziono said:

I second this. Remember that when he's not pressured he won't use ranged attacks, so you can abuse the Punisher counter. When he raises the shield, if you hit him with a ranged attack (like Cloud's dodge --> attack) he counters with fire and should heal you if you have Elemental + Fire and Ice.

I've been trying a couple rounds solo with Cloud and got as far as the Iron Giant, I'll admit that the demon was a wall I didn't expect, you have to learn his attack patterns when he's not pressured.

How do you approach the kujata fight? That one seems a bit of a dice roll even with zack, I get all the buffs on cloud and use stop like 2 or 3 times, mash braver, but even then at times he can still get to tri-shot, same with ironclad depending on if he uses graviga or not lol 

So far ive gotten odin down to a slither of health TWICE and died, hopefully this torture is over soon, cause I aint that great at this bout.  

1 hour ago, BusyFace13 said:

I've done all solo challenges except Barret's (left it until last because I've heard it's the hardest solo challenge) and I used Powerpyx's guide for all of them with no issues.

The only criticism I have is that Cait's guide mentions that he has a 50% chance to get a free use of his limit break but this didn't happen to me once over about 4 or 5 attempts.

I never had this happen either but I did notice it his video after using a limit he did get it back to full, maybe it is something in the folio or tied to having higher luck? 

Also if youre following PPs guide for barret, this build seems to make the whole bout alot more trivial:

Weapon Fafnir
Accessory: Chocobo Mantle , can use Gotter 

Materia Weapon: Fire-MP Absorb,  Fire Swiftcast,  Atb boost,  First Strike
Armor: Fire&Ice MP 50%,  Fire TP Absorb, Fire-Elemental,  Magic Boost TP Boost.

Just spam Fira no need healing.  On turtle use Bonus Rounds spam Fira ez stagger On the last one u can actually heal urself quite a bit when he uses reflec, just use fira he will reflect it and u absorb the damage, its about 3k heal.

3 hours ago, Surgical_Assault said:

How do you approach the kujata fight? That one seems a bit of a dice roll even with zack, I get all the buffs on cloud and use stop like 2 or 3 times, mash braver, but even then at times he can still get to tri-shot, same with ironclad depending on if he uses graviga or not lol 

So far ive gotten odin down to a slither of health TWICE and died, hopefully this torture is over soon, cause I aint that great at this bout.  

Kujata is still a weak point of mine. The *correct* way to fight it is to do at least 3 -ra spells for every weakness. The main difference from the normal Kujata is that he will absorb 2 elements at a time, so you will need 6 -ra spells to dispel its elements. Dispelling the element will pressure it and delay Tri-disaster.

The best technique is to build ATB with Zack (Haste) and unleash hell of spells when he has unlimited MP (he has Fire, Ice and Aero which are the three Kujata weaknesses), plus Cloud can help with Fire/Ice and just pummel away.

Fast strategies just go for the throat and ignore weakness, if you have Elemental + Fire and Ice, Cloud absorbs a lot of attacks and Tri-Disaster does very little damage (but will still kill Zack). I'm still trying to find an optimal strategy 

4 hours ago, Surgical_Assault said:

Weapon Fafnir

Accessory: Chocobo Mantle , can use Gotter 
Materia Weapon: Fire-MP Absorb,  Fire Swiftcast,  Atb boost,  First Strike
Armor: Fire&Ice MP 50%,  Fire TP Absorb, Fire-Elemental,  Magic Boost TP Boost.

Just spam Fira no need healing.  On turtle use Bonus Rounds spam Fira ez stagger On the last one u can actually heal urself quite a bit when he uses reflec, just use fira he will reflect it and u absorb the damage, its about 3k heal.

Yeah this worked amazingly well. Died once to the turtle because I wasn't prepared for the charge and got stunlocked, but otherwise pretty simple. Thanks for sharing it.

Just Zack and Seph remaining!

• Like 1

I would like to point you to this strat I found on YT

It requires a bit of prep because of some expensive Materia to level up. Basically it's a magic strat where Cloud uses Aeroga like a madman and it has MP and HP absorption, as well as swiftcast and magic efficiency.

Basically Aeroga is MP free and heals you for a very high amount. Only drawback, you will have to spend some time levelling up the relevant materia.

But it's a cool, easy strat I think. They got an awesome time while also making a lot of mistakes

• Like 1

I followed this video( its an update of the one posted here before) before even trying once the Zack battle and did it first try. Its absolutely nuts. 

Finally got that Platinum

Edited by MiguelStein

28 minutes ago, MiguelStein said:

I followed this video( its an update of the one posted here before) before even trying once the Zack battle and did it first try. Its absolutely nuts. 

Finally got that Platinum

This is the exact build I followed also and just got mine done, I played a bit safer and swapped Enervation for Revival, which did come in handy, and the Odin materia for phoenix for the free reraise if ever needed. Sadly it wasnt first try like yours, more like a couple days with attempts sprinkled out, sometimes kujata and ironclad can be a pain due to if kujata gets thunder or ironclad pulls graviga, but apart from that its pretty manageable 

20 minutes ago, Surgical_Assault said:

This is the exact build I followed also and just got mine done, I played a bit safer and swapped Enervation for Revival, which did come in handy, and the Odin materia for phoenix for the free reraise if ever needed. Sadly it wasnt first try like yours, more like a couple days with attempts sprinkled out, sometimes kujata and ironclad can be a pain due to if kujata gets thunder or ironclad pulls graviga, but apart from that its pretty manageable 

Im also using this guide, but now im often stuck on Kujata, he always seems to get a tri disaster off, and when he does i usually spend to much MP so i'll be with very little MP for the next fights and i always need to use some cures in the next fights because i suck.

21 minutes ago, andrehunter said:

Im also using this guide, but now im often stuck on Kujata, he always seems to get a tri disaster off, and when he does i usually spend to much MP so i'll be with very little MP for the next fights and i always need to use some cures in the next fights because i suck.

Just remember you get 50% HP and MP back each round, and you get health back as cloud due to fire/ice, I would revive zack after tri-disaster and use a synergy, so zack has unlimited MP and use curaga, stop if necessary, but if you have revive on cloud and your synergy ability is good to go, it makes kujata much easier

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, andrehunter said:

I'm exactly the same as you. Started on this today using that build and made it as far as Alexander once after about three hours, but Kujata is a nightmare.

Ok i finally got it, i got so lucky on the final fight , Odin even got his final attack on me but i had Phoenix and had reraise on both Cloud and Zack and was able to get it trough, even had Cloud being stopped, it was so so sloppy, but i got it. Kujata also got his his tri-disaster attack, so i raised Zack and tried to conserve MP on the next fight, which i took very slow so i didnt need to use MP unless i had the synergy going, maybe i got lucky but im pretty sure i interrupted is graviga with a Braver? Pretty sure i even did it twice? 

So since i had almost full MP on Zack i was able to play normally, had a really good Bahamut, not because i played super well, but because he was for some reason, really really tame this fight, he never even got me on red health but ill take it obviously. Yeah this strat takes some good play but once you know what to do, you can easily get to Kujata every time, after that, you have 3 easy fights (on Alexander destroy those arms ASAP). Good luck for everyone still going for this.

For the Sephiroth one, should i do anything different? I'm guessing maybe have bravery for me, should i still just use Cloud or maybe use Sephiroth since i think he's OP?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, diogoarez said:

I did Tifa's Legendary Bout first try but I'm legitimately stuck on Cloud's, Ironclad does 9999 even when I dodge Condemned perfectly lmao 

This only happens, if i remember correctly, if you're far away, if you're near him, it's really easy to dodge that move, i remember also getting hit while trying to dodge far away.

8 minutes ago, diogoarez said:

I did Tifa's Legendary Bout first try but I'm legitimately stuck on Cloud's, Ironclad does 9999 even when I dodge Condemned perfectly lmao 

2 minutes ago, andrehunter said:

This only happens, if i remember correctly, if you're far away, if you're near him, it's really easy to dodge that move, i remember also getting hit while trying to dodge far away.

Just remember to get behind him but dont stay too close as one of the moves (forget the name) has an aoe effect and can strike around him, have a limit ready as a safety strat just incase.

6 minutes ago, andrehunter said:

Oh shit, that worked thanks, I always panicked to far away when I saw it, guess that was the issue

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone posted this yet: 

This build is elite. Breezed through Zack and Seph’s bouts. Even have extra material slots for whatever you want. You can even take out elemental - fire because you won’t need it. Super OP. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, IAmJust1Up said:

Not sure if anyone posted this yet: 

This build is elite. Breezed through Zack and Seph’s bouts. Even have extra material slots for whatever you want. You can even take out elemental - fire because you won’t need it. Super OP. 

Yeah, posted this earlier. The user actually has a new version that is even faster, I think this is the most viable strat, if not for the fact that you have to grind some support materia. -ga spells are pretty much broken if they're together with HP and MP absorption 

Edited by Attenziono
  • Like 1

So far have managed to clear Barret thru Red XIII today after getting thru BC6... Kid G is always a nuisance, but I ended up swapping out Time for Enemy Skill on Tifa, Plasma Discharge + Sonic Boom are too good to pass up. Aerith with -ga spam on an Arcane+Radiant Ward was a complete cake walk, hardly worthy of being called Legendary at all... Red XIII vs. The Beasts was a pain in the arse because of Gigantoad's Capture ability... and cuz I forgot how to fight Marlboros in this game, lmao. 

The end is in sight... just a couple more hours, lol.

• Like 1