Nintendo has Mystery 3DS game at E3 Nintendo Direct

Lady Lilith

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/16/what-is-nintendos-e3-mystery-3ds-game

Nintendo has sent out invitations for an E3 presentation and Q&A session centered on an unannounced 3DS game.

The session will take place on Wednesday, June 11 from 6-7:30 PM PT, at which point two days of the show will already be over. Nintendo has a history of making news after the initial press conferences have passed. In 2009, Shigeru Miyamoto revealed details about the next Zelda that was to become Skyward Sword. 2010 saw the reveal of Ocarina of Time for the 3DS, andPikmin 3 for Wii U debuted at a similar roundtable in 2011. In 2012, Nintendo held a similar event and highlighted 3DS titles like New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.

This year, Nintendo will once again be eschewing a live press conference in favor of a “Digital Event” to stream online Tuesday morning. The company could reveal its 3DS game in the video, and then share further details at the presentation on Wednesday night. We know that the company has plans to detail its NFC figurines at E3, which will function with multiple games, but other than that it has been quiet about its plans.

Majora's Mask 3D? I wouldn't really mind another 2D Metroid or Star Fox either.  Metroid Dread? Remember that? I assume a Mother 1 and/or 3 localization is unlikely, since this seems like it'd be a new game, but I'd be all over that too.

Edited by Lilith

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/16/what-is-nintendos-e3-mystery-3ds-game

Majora's Mask 3D? I wouldn't really mind another 2D Metroid or Star Fox either.  Metroid Dread? Remember that? I assume a Mother 1 and/or 3 localization is unlikely, since this seems like it'd be a new game, but I'd be all over that too.

A new Metroid or Star Fox game would be nice to have after many years. I love Majora's Mask (second to Wind Waker) and would love to play that on the go. Unlikely but an Advance Wars or Elite Beat Agents would make my day. The new game seems to have something to do with NFC figures, which I'm not a fan of. If they go that route I'd like Intelligent Systems or Game Freak to assist with that in some way.

A new Metroid or Star Fox game would be nice to have after many years. I love Majora's Mask (second to Wind Waker) and would love to play that on the go. Unlikely but an Advance Wars or Elite Beat Agents would make my day. The new game seems to have something to do with NFC figures, which I'm not a fan of. If they go that route I'd like Intelligent Systems or Game Freak to assist with that in some way.

Advanced wars was awesome

• Like 1

I will be very surprised if it isn't Majora's Mask.  I don't think they'd hold an original IP announcement back until after the main Direct and use their "surprise" announcement since that has been traditionally used to reveal or hint at games within their core franchises.

Edited by Bucknerd

I would like 2.5 d metroid.  Maybe something like Arkham origins Blackgate. But huge in scope.  I hated the fps metroid.

Do you mean the crappy one for the DS or the Prime games? Because I felt like the Prime games (especially 1 and 3) were up there with Super Metroid as the best in the series