Are the servers offline?

squadron322

28 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Wow, I genuinely thought they'd wait 24hrs before closing the servers since today is a Sunday and Easter Sunday at that :(.

Yeah same and now it's gone forever. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, TheGreenGorillaGamer said:

I tried playing 2 days ago and couldn't get into the servers for whatever bullshit reason, so now it sits on my PSNP at 0% with an F...

You can delete games lists with no earned trophies.

RIP The crew wish I played it sooner

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GothGirlMaxine said:

Same but there’s always 2 and Motorfest. 

Wait these games have an announcement about server shutdowns that everyone will say are good games just like the first one that a lot of people criticized too.

Out of nowhere this game became overrated.

1 minute ago, LucasDragon570 said:

Wait these games have an announcement about server shutdowns that everyone will say are good games just like the first one that a lot of people criticized too.

To be fair, I have not played any of the games in this series at all, so I cannot express first-hand opinions on whether the games are good or not. However, server shutdown announcements (if they're not shutdown with no warning) usually get people wanting to suddenly finish up any online trophies they have not earned. There is also the possibility that people's opinions of the game changed over time, perhaps someone who did not enjoy the game before liked it more now. I am only theorising though. 

3 hours ago, shipper321 said:

2 and Motorfest aren't even comparable to the first. Both of them are essentially just "Forza Horizon at home", and are worse than the first.

I'm curious to see the outcome of the Ross Scott lawsuit though, especially since The Crew wasn't a small fry game, it shifted boatloads of copies.

Like I say in my reply to Lucas, I have not played any of the games, so I cannot compare the first game to either of the others. However, as someone who has a fair amount of experience in Forza Horizon, I am kinda glad there is a similar game available on PlayStation, more for those who do not have Xbox. However, Forza Horizon 3 was still the best in my opinion, and Motorfest looks similar to that on the surface, but I will refrain from any comparisons until I have played it. 

• Like 1

R.I.P. The Crew. Very sad to see it go. I had tons of fun with this game over the years. I got my first ever PS4 trophies from this game way back in 2015. Finished it last August fortunately without any issues.

It was my replacement-massively multiplayer racing game for the now also long dead Need For Speed: World for PC when that game shut down in 2015.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, LucasDragon570 said:

I played The Crew 2 moments ago, it was nice but I didn't have a lot of fun in the end.

The Crew was really better in my opinion. Maybe because it was a challenge to avoid all the glitches 🙃

😭 RIP The Crew

There goes another platinum trophy. 😔

I’m going to miss that big open map with the different states and cities with such great scenery and details it had.

It felt like I was playing GTA 5 combined with Need For Speed.

It sucks that there isn’t even a way to play it offline. 

spacer.png

• Like 4

From the brief moment I played it shortly after the shutdown announcement, it seemed to have good potential and would probably have been a game I'd have enjoyed.

Unfortunately I got spooked by encountering an error very early on in my progress before any trophies popped, and I took it as a sign..

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Djak276 said:

I played The Crew 2 moments ago, it was nice but I didn't have a lot of fun in the end.

The Crew was really better in my opinion. Maybe because it was a challenge to avoid all the glitches 🙃

Just focusing on platinum, that's how it is. If you play a little more you will see that it has much more to offer than TC1. After all, there were 6 years of content 🙂

1 hour ago, LucasDragon570 said:

Just focusing on platinum, that's how it is. If you play a little more you will see that it has much more to offer than TC1. After all, there were 6 years of content 🙂

Quantity doesn't mean quality, unfortunately. The Crew 2 was a good game, I'm not saying the opposite, but I feel Ubi went into all directions with plane races, monster truck events, hovercraft races (which were really awful, by the way) and all that kind of things, that was too much than really necessary.

• Like 2

Looks like all #errors# are permanently fixed now, good job UBI 👍

I tried >2 months to get into game, money for nothing, at least I am safe from nasty glitches this time.

Hard times for gaming are coming ☠

I had downloaded this a few days ago to play it again for fun, only to see that it is now gone. That's really sad to hear. I actually had a lot of fun playing this game and wanted to come back at some point to get close to 100% in-game completion. RIP The Crew. 🫠

On 4/1/2024 at 11:59 PM, LucasDragon570 said:

TC2 felt more like a Destiny wannabe but with cars (with the loot drops) and whatnot. I could never dedicate as many hours to TC2 as I did to TC1, simply because of how much it tried to do; none of it was done well, just mediocrely. It tried to do much more than it was capable of, and it failed at that. I am not saying TC1 is flawless—far from it, especially with the many, MANY bugs, including The Extra Mile, which I spent months going back and forth with Ubisoft to get working, not to mention its bad but funny physics.

Edited by HappyGuySmiley
extra space
  • Like 1