Which Features Are Missing From The PS5 That You Want Back?

ddracarys

51 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

use the cloud?

i mean… u already sub to plus 

If you have multiple users on a PS5 Sony expects a PS+ sub for each of them, fuck that 😕

As for missing features, other than save backups, I want the double tap ps button back XD  I use it all the time to quickly switch between menus.

The UI isn't changing at this point, so all I'd really like Sony engineers to prioritize would be saving to USB. 

4 minutes ago, Dark_Overlord said:

If you have multiple users on a PS5 Sony expects a PS+ sub for each of them

That doesn't seem accurate... https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/support/subscriptions/share-playstation-plus/#shareable

PS1/PS2 Backwards compatibility. I can pop DVDs that I own from 1999 into a PS5 - surely Sony would be able to implement a PlayStation 2 DVD ROMs emulator on PS5, right? PS1 is a little harder because that's an optical disc reader - that's different hardware (maybe an external drive?). But at least have a PS1/PS2 emulator to honor those games purchased on PS3 store. Trophies or not. Full Backwards Compatibility with PS2- not an emulator for another cherry picked selection for PS Plus.

I also like the social aspect of PS4. Liking a player's trophy updates and videos posted was so cool. Though I can see how it could've potentially been a headache for Sony, with some users leaving all sorts of toxic messages on players status update. Especially on a public profile where anyone can find you. A social network nightmare. 

On 4/15/2024 at 10:27 AM, MonaSaxPayne said:

use the cloud?

Nope.  I sub to plus sporadically.  I just re-subbed a few days ago and wasn't subbed when I posted my response.  But regardless, I should never have to pay Sony monthly so I can backup my saves, that's ludicrous.  Also, PSN has gone down numerous times over the last few months while I was actively playing, so I'd have no way of using the cloud to either upload or retrieve a save when that occurs.  I always backup my save after every gaming session.  Twice I've had recent PS4 updates nearly brick my console.  One required me to get a new hard drive.  Both PS4 and PS5 got some bad firmware updates recently, so it's not just a 'last gen' issue.  I wouldn't feel comfortable turning off the system until my save was backed up, and any issue preventing me from accessing the cloud would make something simple like that a headache.  Cloud saving also requires that I have internet access, which isn't always the case (outages, travelling, etc..).  Additionally, once I backup my saves to USB, I copy them to my laptop.  How would I do that with the cloud?  Oops, I can't.  Last but not least, I reached the 1000 file limit on plus a few months back.  Finding and deleting individual saves so I can upload new saves is a massive pain in the ass and I gave up doing so cause I was spending more time trying to find and delete old saves than actually playing my games. And before you say 'you'll never need them again', countless times I've retrieved years old saves for games I decided to dust off and play again.  Some because I recently acquired DLC and want to knock out those trophies (for instance, just did this last July on Shadow of the Tomb Raider, 3 and a half YEARS after I got platinum), others because I just felt like playing again (Payday 2 on PS3, for example), but regardless of the reason, I shouldn't have to delete old saves to make room for new saves, but that's Sony.  Give us **100 gigs** of space, but only 1000 files, so we'll never come close to that 100 gigs.  Meanwhile, with USB and my laptop, I can have an infinite number of saves archived, just in case I ever want to revisit my old games, which I do all the time.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2024 at 8:27 PM, MonaSaxPayne said:

use the cloud?

Works for one user only.

But when there is two (or more) players on the same household there is no point to pay more than one PS+ membership. So backing up my save files to usb drive like I was able to do on PS4 is nuts. It would be another case if Sony would sell some PS+ lite where is cloud save and online multiplayer features only, but one can only dream :)

• Like 2

Being able to entirely mute in-game audio when playing music. Some games don't have master volume sliders/volume sliders in general.

For a game like Division it *somehow* doesn't have a master volume slider, so trying to listen to music while grinding the Underground was ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Eeda said:

sell some PS+ lite where is cloud save and online multiplayer features only

or they could just give a free GB of cloud storage to all their users, similar to how Valve does it with Steam, Microsoft does it with Xbox and Outlook, Google does it with Gmail.

18 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Being able to entirely mute in-game audio when playing music. Some games don't have master volume sliders/volume sliders in general.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this not already possible by holding the PlayStation button on the DualSense then navigating to the audio tab, where you can pull the music slider up and the game audio slider down?

17 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

or they could just give a free GB of cloud storage to all their users, similar to how Valve does it with Steam, Microsoft does it with Xbox and Outlook, Google does it with Gmail.

That would be even better, but even option to pay just for these would be good enough for me. :)

Folders would be good but making the party chat system more intuitive and up front would be best.  Back on the 360 when you logged in, you could see what parties were active right away.  Nowadays setting up one and getting people into it is way more of a faff than it should be.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2024 at 8:59 AM, ddracarys said:

where you can pull the music slider up and the game audio slider down?

The one labelled Video?

because that doesn’t seem to have any effect on video game audio. (I turned down the media volume: video slider to 0 and it didn’t turn off the game audio)

unless I’m missing something

17 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

unless I’m missing something

My bad, I just double checked said menu and I don't think there is any way to push the slider down enough to "entirely" mute in-game audio, as you desire. If you play around with the menu pictured below, however, you should be able to push the music slider up enough to have it almost entirely overshadow in-game audio. I have done this in the past while grinding in games to make the process more interesting, rather than hearing the same audio set pieces play out over again.

WxvMq11swy8THvUeLhbbkTvhCXCSg97tHJdR9N4A