Which Features Are Missing From The PS5 That You Want Back?

ddracarys

(PS3): Full PS1/2 backwards compatiblity (probably never gonna happen)
(PS3): Manual trophy sync (there should be an option to turn off automatic sync)
(PS3/4): Being able to back up save files to the USB stick or (PS3): being able to back up your save files into another user's account and just store it there if you don't have a USB stick

Edited by Sebulba2000
  • Like 3

Themes! 

Especially the Firewatch theme! It is my favourite. 

Although I love the Morgana Persona 5 theme on PS3.

20 minutes ago, CylindricalStars said:

I miss the social aspect of the PS4 where I could see in a timeline what friends had been playing and which trophies they had achieved. You could 'like' activities and also post a comment. It made gaming feel a little bigger and I enjoyed seeing what everyone had been up to without having to go onto their profile and look at their recently played. On the PS5 it feels more isolated, and I also can't post a disappointed comment when a friend gets the 'My Name Is Mayo' platinum 🥲.

I miss this too. Sometimes I go to PS4 and I have notifications about likes and stuff, and it is nice. 

Oh and I will mention communities for nostalgia's sake but we know what happened there so not much point in mentioning them. 

Media Player!

While the PS5 technically has one, it's so rudimentary and barely works. I have an external HDD full of stuff I watch, and most of it doesn't work on whatever the hell the PS5's media player thing is...so because of this I have to keep my PS4 Pro hooked up JUST for the media player. I'd like to finally retire the console, but I need it's media player. Figured by now the PS5 would not only have one, but have a better one that accepts mode audio codecs and supports h.265 video for 4K, but they just back tracked completely.

Also backing up saves to an external. This should just be standard at this point.

Edited by Viper

2 hours ago, NostalgicMinion said:

Actual folders. Folders you can put on the main dashboard, not the gamelists thing in the Library.

PS3 did it, PS4 did it, certainly the PS5 can do it.

44 minutes ago, Vulpine9Tails said:

Folders.

YES YES YES!!! 

(I miss folders)

41 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Communities

Yes, I miss that too. 

• Like 1

These are all great responses. I, too, miss the social/feed features of the PlayStation 4, and would regularly scroll through the new posts on there to upvote the platinum pops. I definitely agree that the PS5 feels isolated in comparison. We're going to give that intern a run for their money!

I forgot to add that I also miss the internet browser, I was genuinely shocked when I realised my PS5 had it missing...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ddracarys said:

These are all great responses. I, too, miss the social/feed features of the PlayStation 4, and would regularly scroll through the new posts on there to upvote the platinum pops. I definitely agree that the PS5 feels isolated in comparison. We're going to give that intern a run for their money!

I forgot to add that I also miss the internet browser, I was genuinely shocked when I realised my PS5 had it missing...

I miss the social aspect, it feels like PS5 "connects us" on a surface level but now that there is no social feed, no communities, etc, it is a shame. 

8 hours ago, Dweizn said:

I miss the lay out from PS3.  (Easy menu and all in one screen), the folders and the themes.

The PS3 UI layout was simple but it has some many features and you knew where everything was, everything was clearly labelled it was intuitive to navigate. 

So, just last night I landed on this clip from YouTube, which apparently hopes to revive some of the features we've mentioned in this thread? I'm a bit concerned about that US disclaimer at the end of the video, though. It would be a major bummer if these social features were limited to that region, especially since the US is already holding several PlayStation 5 features hostage...

23 hours ago, Sebulba2000 said:

(PS3): Full PS1/2 backwards compatiblity (probably never gonna happen)
(PS3): Manual trophy sync (there should be an option to turn off automatic sync)
(PS3/4): Being able to back up save files to the USB stick or (PS3): being able to back up your save files into another user's account and just store it there if you don't have a USB stick

23 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:
  • When viewing friends who own a game selecting their name takes you to their profile and not that games stats/trophy list.
  • Backing up saves to USB

21 hours ago, GanseySargent said:

backing up saves to USB, for sure. It's still so dumb they removed that...

21 hours ago, Viper said:

Media Player!

While the PS5 technically has one, it's so rudimentary and barely works. I have an external HDD full of stuff I watch, and most of it doesn't work on whatever the hell the PS5's media player thing is...so because of this I have to keep my PS4 Pro hooked up JUST for the media player. I'd like to finally retire the console, but I need it's media player. Figured by now the PS5 would not only have one, but have a better one that accepts mode audio codecs and supports h.265 video for 4K, but they just back tracked completely.

Also backing up saves to an external. This should just be standard at this point.

21 hours ago, ARIXANDRE said:

Being able to back up PS5 saves to a USB drive.

The greed knows no boundaries. 

This, and only this.  I can live without the other things mentioned here (in most cases, I couldn't care less).  But not being able to back-up my own saves, I mean really?  WTF Sony?  So far I have not and will not purchase a PS5.  And until this standard feature is re-implemented, I never will.  It's 2024, I can even back-up files from my phone onto a USB stick directly with the adapter that comes standard in the box, and I can't back-up PS5 saves?  Gimme a break...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Matto_lsi said:

It's 2024, I can even back-up files from my phone onto a USB stick directly with the adapter that comes standard in the box, and I can't back-up PS5 saves?  Gimme a break...

eeb.png