Patch 1.02 is here! Fixed the last trophy & more!

Unfortunately you still have to complete the whole game again. Completing the last level on Infected does not pop the trophy.

Also, all you need is infected intel for the new trophy to pop. All other intel spawn but they are not needed. 

also weird thing happened. The trophy for finishing infected popped 2 sub chapters early for me.  I completed the last chapter after I was 70% way through the game. Someone should try completing the last chapter first then play through the game. See if you beneficially glitch that trophy and get it to pop even earlier. 

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1

Can confirm the new patch fixes the bugged final boss trophy for the EU version. I just loaded up my save from before the final blow and it popped, so the platinum is now attainable.

However, I too cannot find the menu option to start Infected Mode, despite the three new trophies associated with it being added.

Edit: Bah, somehow missed other pages in this thread going over all this

Edited by brentmorrow88
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

Unfortunately you still have to complete the whole game again. Completing the last level on Infected does not pop the trophy.

So I'm assuming if you're starting this game fresh you can just do the game/plat in Infected Mode or are we looking at separate playthroughs here? Guess we'll find out.

9 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

So I'm assuming if you're starting this game fresh you can just do the game/plat in Infected Mode or are we looking at separate playthroughs here? Guess we'll find out.

Should be able to just do one playthrough for both the base game and DLC if you are starting fresh. At least I tested that the first story mission trophy does unlock while in Infected Mode on a fresh save file.

Edited by CorgiBootyy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr_Buzzinka said:

Finally got the last trophy to pop, i had a quicksave just before the final blow to the final boss & the trophy immediately pops up!

Yeah it was the same for me, finally!

So for the DLC trophies I would like to know: After switching to Infected mode, do I need to start a fresh new game from scratch? Or would chapter select work as well? Also is there a guide for the “infected collectibles?”

6 minutes ago, Prototype1690 said:

So for the DLC trophies I would like to know: After switching to Infected mode, do I need to start a fresh new game from scratch? Or would chapter select work as well? Also is there a guide for the “infected collectibles?”

There is one written guide on GameFAQs. I started working on a video guide that I’ll include in a trophy guide here on PSNP. Though that won’t be up for at least a week. 

Unsure if location selecting each mission works, but you do get to keep some of your weapons when starting a new campaign on Infected from your original save game. Plus the Magnum is a good weapon.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CorgiBootyy said:

There is one written guide on GameFAQs. I started working on a video guide that I’ll include in a trophy guide here on PSNP. Though that won’t be up for at least a week. 

Unsure if location selecting each mission works, but you do get to keep some of your weapons when starting a new campaign on Infected from your original save game. Plus the Magnum is a good weapon.

Is the Magnum only available in Infected mode or can you use it in the regular game?

1 hour ago, veinte-justo said:

Is the Magnum only available in Infected mode or can you use it in the regular game?

If you switch back to non-Infected mode, you lose the Magnum. The only way to unlock it in not Infected mode is to collect all the main game intel.

• Like 1

I'm an EU user, so reading that the final boss trophy was bugged meant waiting for this patch. Planning on starting now.

Can I start on Infected and get every trophy in one playthrough? Are there any downsides to playing Infected, i.e. can you still pop the main list with it on?

30 minutes ago, Ravendust said:

I'm an EU user, so reading that the final boss trophy was bugged meant waiting for this patch. Planning on starting now.

Can I start on Infected and get every trophy in one playthrough? Are there any downsides to playing Infected, i.e. can you still pop the main list with it on?

Corgibooty confirmed it:

8 hours ago, CorgiBootyy said:

Should be able to just do one playthrough for both the base game and DLC if you are starting fresh. At least I tested that the first story mission trophy does unlock while in Infected Mode on a fresh save file.

I think it's easier on infected in general because you heal yourself automatically and the magnum is a great weapon too.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, servus99 said:

Can you save and quit infected mode like on the main game? Or do you have to do it in one sitting?

i was wondering about that too. Hope somebody chips in with a confirmation.

--------------------

It appears that some players have obtained 100% completion. Cool. Now it's time to wait for those intel locations video. :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zizimonster said:

8 hours ago, servus99 said:

Can you save and quit infected mode like on the main game? Or do you have to do it in one sitting?

You don't have to do it in one sitting. In fact when you close the application and open it back up. The game boots up in Infected Mode. You do have to do levels in one sitting though, just like the main game, quitting mid mission even after a checkpoint reverts you back to the start of the mission.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

You don't have to do it in one sitting. In fact when you close the application and open it back up. The game boots up in Infected Mode. You do have to do levels in one sitting though, just like the main game, quitting mid mission even after a checkpoint reverts you back to the start of the mission.

You can still use the quick save features to back out of the game mid-mission then load that save state back up later. 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2024 at 8:37 PM, Kafka-Hibino-X said:

I can't find any videos for collectibles in infected mode. I think this trophy is going to be annoying if you have to dig through all the maps.  

Here is a very useful text guide to find everything. :)

RR Intel Text Guide

On 4/9/2024 at 8:57 PM, Kafka-Hibino-X said:

A lot more collectible, quick health regeneration, and underwater breathing, that's it.

Also alternative voice lines and dialogues through the whole game. :wub:

On 4/10/2024 at 12:34 AM, emailking said:

If you're doing infected mode and save and close the game to take a break, do you have to turn of infected mode every time you launch the game to continue or does your save in infected mode just continue to work without doing that?

Infected mode is permanently activated when you restart the game as long as you didn't deactivate it in the Rewind menue. :)

Edited by Evilzone-DE
  • Like 1

On 4/10/2024 at 3:23 AM, Prototype1690 said:

You can use your "old" save file and have anything you've unlocked before. 

All intel, skillpoints, extras and bonus weapons.

The Magnum and Plasma grenade immediately become unlocked in infected mode. In the normal mode you can unlock them only by collecting all normal intel.

For the Trophy you have to start a new campaign and don't play only chapter select but cause of your old save file every weapon you've got before will be unlocked from the beginning.

The infected mode is also a lot easier to play cause of the full auto heal and the Magnum. (This is the best weapon in the game)

You don't have to do it in one session. The game saves after every mission like in the normal playthrough. :)

Edited by Evilzone-DE
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, zizimonster said:

--------------------

It appears that some players have obtained 100% completion. Cool. Now it's time to wait for those intel locations video. :lol:

I am also waiting for a video guide, I know that there are text guides and with some games that works for me, but with games like this I actually need the visual guidelines.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, servus99 said:

I have made a video guide based on the GameFAQ text guide, check it out here:

Thanks for the guide! When you grab one of the collectibles does it immediately save so we can exit the specific level and move on to the next or do we need to finish the level for it to count? Did you or anyone else test if this works

4 hours ago, Real_Colinio said:

Thanks for the guide! When you grab one of the collectibles does it immediately save so we can exit the specific level and move on to the next or do we need to finish the level for it to count? Did you or anyone else test if this works

It should be saved as soon as you pick it up, so if you missed multiple, should just be able to get to it, quit, get the next one, etc.

• Like 3