Here is something that no one has thought about the bots front

GrumpyFelo

Nothing really important unless you are going for it but now that there are no bots available, you cant do the achievement "Let's call it a draw", making the Plat (on ps5) unavailable until the bots are back on the map

• Like 4

Actually I haven’t been on the game for a couple weeks due to sickness and baby stuff.

I booted in last night and saw I still have two bot missions available to complete my mission group. Since Draw is one of my only trophies (and 360) I have left to do, I may try to go for this soon!

Im sure the bots will return in a couple weeks at most.

Edited by bigdaddykraven

As I was going through and completing some of the trophies, I hadn't targeted that one thinking "meh, I'll do it later"... looks like it'll be a much later now that it isn't possible at the moment lol. Ah well, as others have pointed out, I'm sure they'll be back... they always come back.

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Thank you for the info, I'll file a PSNP+ Report now :).

I am not sure if this is necessary. This is a seasonal game which will always have changes like this – for many years to come I am assuming – the Bots will definitely return sooner or later. This is much like other trophies – DIRT Rally Event trophies for example – you will have to wait a couple of weeks for a chance but none of those trophies have ever been labeled unobtainable. Those trophies only become unobtainable if the support for this game ends and there are no more events left. 

Edited by OBSTINATIO
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, foxische said:

Well, in helldivers 1 we had to wait weeks, sometimes months in order to win the war and get the associated trophy, non-permanent events are a thing in multiplayer.

I remember reading something prior to the launch of 2 that the Galactic War concept from 1 is scrapped for this, as in there's no winning or losing and everything resets. Instead it's a constant. Hopefully that means the re-emergence of conquered factions should be more common in 2.

4 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Automatons disappearing for a limited period of time doesn't make their trophies unobtainable.  They'll be back. 

10 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Don't forget "Hot Potato!", as Bugs don't throw grenades, I guess? Or is it managable with a grenade from a fellow Helldiver?

30 minutes ago the bots started a counter offensive and the major order has been switched to defend planets overrun by bots... so the trophies are available again ^^

• Like 4

I’m hoping they’ll add more retaliations in later updates.

It’s been 2 months and never seen the terminids or bots conquer more than 2-3 sectors before getting pushed back.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra

Good news for trophy hunters, bots have returned with a vengeance! I figured that reclamation that was mentioned a while ago would become relevant at some point.

Edit: oops, I'm late to the party it's already been mentioned heh.

Edited by AlonMercer

On 4/8/2024 at 8:30 AM, AlonMercer said:

Oh shit. Thank god I did it already. Gone in 360 Seconds I still need and with no bots, looks harder now to achieve that trophy.

Gone in 360 sec is easier on terminids. All you need is grenade launcher and nades. With some RNG. I got a lucky map, medium hive about 200m from extract and only needed to close 6 holes. Was done in 4 mins. It is somewhat rng based as you can get anywhere from 5-21 objectives to destroy.

9 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

This is just hilarious - do all of you here truly think the developers would get rid of a whole faction two months after the game launched? Lmao. This is how to game goes, it ebbs and flows until a war is won or lost, and then the game "resets". Think of it like seasons, the bots aren't gone for good. The trophies don't need to be marked as unobtainable. This is laughable. 

Exactly. The bugs and robots will never be fully exterminated. The game is a constant back and forth between players and enemies.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Talon_Blades1989 said:

Gone in 360 sec is easier on terminids. All you need is grenade launcher and nades. With some RNG. I got a lucky map, medium hive about 200m from extract and only needed to close 6 holes. Was done in 4 mins. It is somewhat rng based as you can get anywhere from 5-21 objectives to destroy.

With the release of the new weapons tomorrow this trophy will be even easier. The new explosive crossbow can destroy the bots fabricator by hitting it anywhere.

19 hours ago, MikeCheck-- said:

This is just hilarious - do all of you here truly think the developers would get rid of a whole faction two months after the game launched? Lmao. This is how this game goes, it ebbs and flows until a war is won or lost, and then the game "resets". Think of it like seasons, the bots aren't gone for good. The trophies don't need to be marked as unobtainable. This is laughable. 

19 hours ago, vegetollo7 said:

Exactly. The bugs and robots will never be fully exterminated. The game is a constant back and forth between players and enemies.

No post in this thread implied that they think bots are gone forever. Even the OP literally stated, 'unavailable until the bots are back on the map'. There's nothing laughable going on here.

• Like 2