Free PS5 upgrade questions

DAS2in1

I was reading at reddit its a free upgrade to ps5 if you own goty version on ps4

Why is it full price in the fallout section in ps store when it should be on sale?

EU/NA full price but in AS store its $10 for goty version

• Like 1

I can't find the ps5 version from the mobile store so can't say, but I bought the goty edition back in the day and I was hoping it to be free.

EDIT: ooops, it's not out yet, april 25th!

Edited by breakXedge
  • Like 2

I wrote a bit quick without thinking.

Its the goty version for ps4 thats on sale without being on sale in EU/NA. Everything in ps store fallout section is on sale except the goty version of Fallout 4

Is it correct that if you own the game on ps4 the ps5 version will be free? 

10 minutes ago, DAS2in1 said:

I wrote a bit quick without thinking.

Its the goty version for ps4 thats on sale without being on sale in EU/NA. Everything in ps store fallout section is on sale except the goty version of Fallout 4

Is it correct that if you own the game on ps4 the ps5 version will be free? 

Provided you own the game and update it to the latest patch when it comes out next week, you will get the PS5 upgrade :).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Provided you own the game and update it to the latest patch when it comes out next week, you will get the PS5 upgrade :).

Stupid question but does this mean I should go ahead and download the game/all DLC and ensure it's updated while also leaving it on my system so it recognizes the free upgrade? Not sure I've ever dealt with free, next gen upgrades like that so I really am not clear on how it works. Not even sure I wanna jump into it next week with the backlog I have but it's better to be safe than sorry.

25 minutes ago, Creasy007 said:

Stupid question but does this mean I should go ahead and download the game/all DLC and ensure it's updated while also leaving it on my system so it recognizes the free upgrade? Not sure I've ever dealt with free, next gen upgrades like that so I really am not clear on how it works. Not even sure I wanna jump into it next week with the backlog I have but it's better to be safe than sorry.

It doesn't matter when you do it, because the upgrade will be still be there so it's up to you if you install now or months later :).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CorgiBootyy said:

Should be any version.

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

This^

All versions are eligible according to the official press release.

Thats what I thought when reading the post on their website but then everyone on here was talking about GOTY. Thats made me feel better. Thanks guys

• Like 1

Hi this may be basic knowledge but please let me know if this is correct.

I Own the base fallout 4 ps4 on disc. And bought all the dlcs digitally. When the free upgrade comes out, will I also get the dlc upgraded for free or do I have to pay for the dlc again? Is it even dlc packs for the ps5 version or is it just included 

• Like 1

Basically sounds like a Witcher 3 upgrade situation. Anything you already own is Free...so if you only have the main game that will be free, but the DLC will not. On the flip side if you have everything, all of it will be Free. 

19 hours ago, Viper said:

Basically sounds like a Witcher 3 upgrade situation. Anything you already own is Free...so if you only have the main game that will be free, but the DLC will not. On the flip side if you have everything, all of it will be Free. 

This is my understanding of it too.

For those who are asking about the GOTY the year edition you should go and check your game library if you have Playstation Plus. The GOTY version is in my digital library so it must have been given on Playstation Plus at some point but I can't remember it, I own the disc version but GOTY is there in my library. It is easier to see with the Playstation app, just click on the versions available to download.

54 minutes ago, Starship_Pooper said:

For those who are asking about the GOTY the year edition you should go and check your game library if you have Playstation Plus. The GOTY version is in my digital library so it must have been given on Playstation Plus at some point but I can't remember it, I own the disc version but GOTY is there in my library. It is easier to see with the Playstation app, just click on the versions available to download.

If I understood it correctely. You need to have bought the game in the past. Owning the game through PS+ will not be eligible for free update

1 hour ago, Starship_Pooper said:

I also “own” the GOTY version, but I only had the game via disc, and through the PS+ Collection. I do however own the DLC which I bought for the disc, so I think it’s associated me having the dlc and “access” to the game as owning the license for GOTY? Is that the case for you?

22 hours ago, Mokujin said:

I also “own” the GOTY version, but I only had the game via disc, and through the PS+ Collection. I do however own the DLC which I bought for the disc, so I think it’s associated me having the dlc and “access” to the game as owning the license for GOTY? Is that the case for you?

Yes, got the game on disc when it was released and paid for the season pass to get all of the DLC’s. 

2 hours ago, CosmoWolf_ said:

Isn't it a PS5 patch and NOT a native PS5 version?

No, there will be a Native PS5 version upgrade for those who have a PS5. As per the official press release:

Bethesda Game Studios is releasing a free Fallout 4 update for download on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5. This free update includes native applications for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S, Performance mode and Quality mode settings, as well as stability improvements and fixes. Experience up to 60 FPS and increased resolutions! Fallout 4 players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will also receive a free update with stability improvements, login and quest fixes. To download the update on a next-generation console, you must own Fallout 4 for that device.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

Ps+ Extra members get it for free

Basic ps+ gets me 75% off the base game

i already own the season pass and physical game on ps4

no double dipping from me

On 4/21/2024 at 12:55 PM, Viper said:

I just checked via mobile for fallout 4 on ps5

its not free, not for me anyways

i own fallout 4 on disc for ps4 and i purchased the season pass seperately

Really? The DLCS won't be or all of Fallout 4? I mean I get if it's a new player, but if it's someone that owns PS4 Fallout 4 already, they should aleast make it free, DLC included. Or I am misunderstanding here, I do have the game and it's DLCs digitally.

37 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

Ps+ Extra members get it for free

Basic ps+ gets me 75% off the base game

i already own the season pass and physical game on ps4

no double dipping from me

I just checked via mobile for fallout 4 on ps5

its not free, not for me anyways

i own fallout 4 on disc for ps4 and i purchased the season pass seperately

It'll be free once it's available. The same has happened with other upgrades in the past.

If you own Fallout 4 + all DLC, you're good to go for everything being a free upgrade. If you only own Fallout 4, you'll have to purchase the DLC.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Creasy007 said:

It'll be free once it's available. The same has happened with other upgrades in the past.

If you own Fallout 4 + all DLC, you're good to go for everything being a free upgrade. If you only own Fallout 4, you'll have to purchase the DLC.

Oh good, I must have misunderstood then. Hopefully the free upgrade happens (Raji was supposed to have a free upgrade, but according to the devs on their Twitter page, this could take weeks to fix, not sure why but if it happens with F4 it may come to that, but I mean Raji is a small Indie company, Bethesda is a million dollar company that should able to fix anything faster)