Free PS5 upgrade questions

DAS2in1

On 4/23/2024 at 2:27 PM, Creasy007 said:

It'll be free once it's available. The same has happened with other upgrades in the past.

If you own Fallout 4 + all DLC, you're good to go for everything being a free upgrade. If you only own Fallout 4, you'll have to purchase the DLC.

Ok, so i just re-read the product description for the ps5 version

for me, i own the disc version of the ps4 version thats been backlogged and never started since its launch, lol fml i know

So for people like me, owners of the ps4 disc version need to insert it into their physical formatted ps5 to upgrade to the ps5 version for free

i probably wont but its nice to know its available

Edited by Property_Damage

I seem to have a unique problem. As an owner of the disc and season pass, I initially had access to the free upgrade. I ended up loading the PS4 version on my PS5 first to check my saves/any changes with the patch, and received a notice about my DLC being outdated and in need of a reinstall. A bit weird, but I went through with it. Doing so removed the free upgrade option from my console, and nothing I've tried since has resolved the issue. I've "purchased" the free DLC again for both platforms and added the Extra version to my library. If anything, that has just made things more complicated. 

My PS Plus subscription seems to be blocking access to the free upgrade now, because my same-region alt account can claim it (my only recourse for idiotic situations like this). This has happened before with Metro: Exodus and The Outer Wilds. Once the game is removed from the Game Catalog, the free upgrade shows up. I just don't understand why deleting and reinstalling DLC permanently disabled the free upgrade for me at this time. That in-game notice completely screwed my main account. 

I will be glad when my subscription reverts back to Essential in a couple months. But I suspect I will need to wait until this game is removed from the service for any changes. 

Edited by luketheduke12
Typo

Still the same issues as yesterday, and I'm fully convinced those who got it as a free PS Plus title when the PS5 came out aren't getting the free upgrade. I hope I'm wrong cause I'm not spending money on it again. Can't understand why the DLC still shows as free but not a simple upgrade.

30 minutes ago, Creasy007 said:

Still the same issues as yesterday, and I'm fully convinced those who got it as a free PS Plus title when the PS5 came out aren't getting the free upgrade. I hope I'm wrong cause I'm not spending money on it again. Can't understand why the DLC still shows as free but not a simple upgrade.

I can upgrade but I have to take take PS Plus Extra. Still out of luck... But can someone explain why everybody was has ever bought Fallout 4,across all consoles and all subscriptions has the upgrade EXCEPT the people who got it with ps5 on launch?* It's like punishing because we go it for free..

*Money is not an answer 

1 minute ago, GoryGreg said:

I can upgrade but I have to take take PS Plus Extra. Still out of luck... But can someone explain why everybody was has ever bought Fallout 4,across all consoles and all subscriptions has the upgrade EXCEPT the people who got it with ps5 on launch?* It's like punishing because we go it for free..

*Money is not an answer 

Same here. The only PS5 version I see is the one that's either $19.99 still or requires PS Plus Extra, but I only have Essential.

12 minutes ago, GoryGreg said:

*Money is not an answer 

It's because PS Store content and entitlements/licenses can get extremely complicated.

The upgrade is still not available for people who are PS+ Essential subscribers, and who own the game via the old PS5 PS+ Collection. I really don't think these people are being intentionally excluded from the upgrade, it's just continued oversight from Bethesda (or whoever is configuring the upgrades on the PS Store on their behalf) which means this version isn't being taken into consideration for upgrade eligibility.

If people continue to bring it to Bethesda's attention it will surely be fixed, just as they've fixed the PS+ Extra availability.

9 minutes ago, andshrew said:

It's because PS Store content and entitlements/licenses can get extremely complicated.

The upgrade is still not available for people who are PS+ Essential subscribers, and who own the game via the old PS5 PS+ Collection. I really don't think these people are being intentionally excluded from the upgrade, it's just continued oversight from Bethesda (or whoever is configuring the upgrades on the PS Store on their behalf) which means this version isn't being taken into consideration for upgrade eligibility.

If people continue to bring it to Bethesda's attention it will surely be fixed, just as they've fixed the PS+ Extra availability.

Nowadays everything has to be a consumer fight..Pretty sure they are aware of it! Was kinda looking forward to play a upgraded version. Bummer!

Edited by GoryGreg

Just bumping this as they've made the upgrade available now for people who are both PS+ Essential subscribers and who had claimed the game via the PS5 PS+ Collection.

Unfortunately if you're a PS+ Extra (or higher subscriber) it looks like you have to claim the PS+ Extra version (which would then be tied to both your continued subscription to the Extra tier, and Fallout 4 remaining part of the game catalogue) - unlike the PS5 PS+ Collection version which only depends on you having an active PS+ subscription to be able to access it. So technically a downgrade for those people if they do claim it.... but at least it should be available for everyone now to access in some form.

Edited by andshrew

I bought the season pass a few days ago and now I see there’s a PS5 upgrade.. 

Hopefully I didn’t waste my money but either way I’m now downloading the PS5 version with all the add-ons. 

anyone know if I can transfer PS5 save to PS4 so I can auto pop some PS4 trophies? I started this on PS4 years ago but didn’t get very far so hopefully this time I will get further and then maybe I’ll be able to pop some more for the PS4 version :) 

18 hours ago, andshrew said:

Just bumping this as they've made the upgrade available now for people who are both PS+ Essential subscribers and who had claimed the game via the PS5 PS+ Collection.

Still not showing up as free for me. I only have PS+ Essential on my main account now. Only the PS4 version is able to be downloaded (claimed as part of PS+ Collection) and the PS4/5 bundle is £15.99. All the DLC is free though. This is such a mess 😂

2 hours ago, VeldinX said:

Still not showing up as free for me. I only have PS+ Essential on my main account now. Only the PS4 version is able to be downloaded (claimed as part of PS+ Collection) and the PS4/5 bundle is £15.99. All the DLC is free though. This is such a mess 😂

It is there, I've just started downloading it.

Do it on your PS5 and not on the app.....

Got to your library and click on Fallout 4. It will likely show 2 Fallout 4's for PS4, one with a playstation plus symbol and one with a padlock. Click on Playstation plus one. Then click on the 3 dots, it should say "view product" and "select version". I think I clicked on view product.  It then shows "Game" in the bottom left corner with a drop down arrow to click on, I clicked on that and then shows "Game" twice. I just clicked on both of them and it started the PS5 download. I didn't have the PS4 version on the hard drive so delete it if you have. It wouldn't work for me on the PS app but it did on the console. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Starship_Pooper said:

It is there, I've just started downloading it.

Do it on your PS5 and not on the app.....

Got to your library and click on Fallout 4. It will likely show 2 Fallout 4's for PS4, one with a playstation plus symbol and one with a padlock. Click on Playstation plus one. Then click on the 3 dots, it should say "view product" and "select version". I think I clicked on view product.  It then shows "Game" in the bottom left corner with a drop down arrow to click on, I clicked on that and then shows "Game" twice. I just clicked on both of them and it started the PS5 download. I didn't have the PS4 version on the hard drive so delete it if you have. It wouldn't work for me on the PS app but it did on the console. 

Thank you, this worked.

22 minutes ago, TomerS1988 said:

The PS5 upgrade (PS+ Collection) is still not showing up for me, I followed all the possible instructions, restored license twice and still nothing😣

I also own Fallout 4 from the PS+ Collection. My way was:

• Go to the store on your PS5
  • Search or choose Fallout 4 in the store (at the moment you can choose it from the "highlight" tab)
  • Click the three dots
  • Choose "view product"
  • There was a drop down with "Game" on the left side
  • The first "Game" cost 19,99€
  • The second "Game" is "Add to library"
  • After adding it to the library go to your library and choose "Fallout 4"
  • Now it will give you the option to choose between the PS4 and PS5 version

16 minutes ago, Micola7h said:

I also own Fallout 4 from the PS+ Collection. My way was:

• Go to the store on your PS5
  • Search or choose Fallout 4 in the store (at the moment you can choose it from the "highlight" tab)
  • Click the three dots
  • Choose "view product"
  • There was a drop down with "Game" on the left side
  • The first "Game" cost 19,99€
  • The second "Game" is "Add to library"
  • After adding it to the library go to your library and choose "Fallout 4"
  • Now it will give you the option to choose between the PS4 and PS5 version

Thanks😀, I don't see "Game", but all I see is "Download" for PS+ Extra and I don't want to override the license.

If I choose Standard - PS4, I get the version that I already have and I only see "Download".

So it looks like all I can do now is to download the PS5 version through the Extra license for some reason.

For all those wondering, if it hasn't been said yet, as a ps+ essential, go to the download of fallout, and there should be a drop down to select, choose the 2nd and claim the game. This will give you access to the PS5 version for free, claim it and download. Worked fine for me (am in eu)

• Like 2

On 5/3/2024 at 5:58 AM, colia100 said:

For all those wondering, if it hasn't been said yet, as a ps+ essential, go to the download of fallout, and there should be a drop down to select, choose the 2nd and claim the game. This will give you access to the PS5 version for free, claim it and download. Worked fine for me (am in eu)

Worked for me as well (in NA) I kept trying to get it on the mobile app but it didn't work but it worked fine on console.

• Like 1