DAS2in1

7 hours ago, BrightPurpleFin said:

Do we know what time it'll be dropping?

• North America: 9am PDT / 10am MDT / 11am CDT / 12pm EDT
  • UK/Ire: 5pm BST
  • Europe: 6pm CEST / 7pm EEST
  • Asia/Oceania: 1am JST / 12am AWST / 2am AEST
  • Like 4

I own the PlayStation Plus version of Fallout 4, will I also be able to get the free PS5 upgrade? I'm not seeing it in the store for now. Will I have to buy the Ps4/Ps5 option I can see for 19.99€?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ITALUKE said:

I own the PlayStation Plus version of Fallout 4, will I also be able to get the free PS5 upgrade? I'm not seeing it in the store for now. Will I have to buy the Ps4/Ps5 option I can see for 19.99€?

I have the PS+ version too, and no, you can't get the PS5 upgrade with that from what I see.  I wanted to buy the PS4 version while it was on sale for 5 bucks, but it wouldn't let me.  Just kept telling me I already owned it.

Edited by DoctorBaofu
  • Like 1

I tried to do the exact same thing. I thought meh I'll grab it just to be safe while it's on sale along with the DLC. I bought the Season pass and it then said I owned the GOTY edition. So after not being able to purchase any editions because I had apparently had them. Now all of a sudden today, I dont. And its letting me buy it... Very confusing. 

As others have said, it appears to be a bug and PS+ owners will get access to the upgrade for free. I'm sure they've already made some free money off those rushing to buy it without waiting though lol.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Creasy007 said:

As others have said, it appears to be a bug and PS+ owners will get access to the upgrade for free. I'm sure they've already made some free money off those rushing to buy it without waiting though lol.

I don't think PS+ owners will get it.  Feel like I remember other games doing that before(can't remember what games).  I think the bug was with the PS store not letting us buy it when we should have been able to.  I'm happy to end up proven wrong on that, though.

5 minutes ago, DoctorBaofu said:

I don't think PS+ owners will get it.  Feel like I remember other games doing that before(can't remember what games).  I think the bug was with the PS store not letting us buy it when we should have been able to.  I'm happy to end up proven wrong on that, though.

Yeah, all I've seen on it is that comment from a customer support rep, who likely doesn't have that level of granular detail. It's possible it just won't happen, or there's enough backlash to it but it winds up taking them weeks/months to implement. Oh well. All I know is I'm not paying a dime for it.

2 minutes ago, steeler192 said:

I got Fallout 4 with the PS Plus Collection for PS5 consoles. I browsed the store page today, but it asks me to pay because "I own another edition":

spacer.png

Just wait for now. Bethesda's working on fixing it. 

• Like 2

Anyone know if PS5 save files will load on PS4 version? I'd much rather plat the 60fps and have it auopop on PS4.

Does Bethesda have a cloud save like CD Projekt for witcher 3? I was able to reverse trophy pop with minimal work there.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Nohma-d said:

Anyone know if PS5 save files will load on PS4 version? I'd much rather plat the 60fps and have it auopop on PS4.

Does Bethesda have a cloud save like CD Projekt for witcher 3? I was able to reverse trophy pop with minimal work there.

Thanks!

AFAIK, cross-save is 1 way only for this game from the PS4 to the PS5. Also, there is no auto-pop, some trophies will pop when you repeat the required action e.g. pick a lock, hack a terminal etc. but most of the trophies have to be redone entirely from scratch.

• Like 1

actually got it work by inserting the ps4 fallout disc then went to the store menu and and option tp grab the ps5 upgrade was there and then cancelled the ps4 disc install and switched back to the ps plus version

We've seen some confusion regarding the free Fallout 4 next-gen update for PlayStation Plus Extra members. The Fallout 4 next-gen update will be available to PlayStation Plus Extra members through the PlayStation Game Catalog. Your patience is appreciated while the teams work on this.

https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/1783579767616250321

Edited by TheStark700
  • Like 2

spacer.pngApparently, you dont have to buy the game if you own a ps plus extra subscription. The upgrade will be available at no extra charge for extra tier members. They wrote it on the official dev discord channel

Edited by Nav_Nav69

For those who are playing/have it installed, i'm guessing if you have installed the add-ons (Automatron in particular) it isn't crashing the game on boot up like it was on the PS4 recently?

I've set them off downloading so hoping it'll be fine once I get going with it.

Sorry if this has been asked and/or answered. I have the physical game from launch and I brought all the DLC as they were released sequentially. If I insert my PS4 disc, I will get the upgrade along with the DLC too correct?

I also have the the GOTY through PS+, will this affect my upgrade process?

Thanks in advance

all versions but the ps plus one of course is the digital one i have but also have the disc n i do not wanna use disc every mfin time

11 hours ago, DoctorBaofu said:

I have the PS+ version too, and no, you can't get the PS5 upgrade with that from what I see.  I wanted to buy the PS4 version while it was on sale for 5 bucks, but it wouldn't let me.  Just kept telling me I already owned it.

same for me but will let me get ps5 ver if i use disc which i am mfin not

Edited by ckleckner78
  • Confused 1