Sony asking how satisfied are you with trophies?

There’s a handful of changes I’d like to see.

- Better sorting options

- Some form of stat tracking

- Trophy cabinet 

- Allow us to delete trophy lists that are under 25%. Once you cross that threshold it’s locked forever. 
- Remove all shovelware

- Hold developers accountable, and have them patch trophy requirements before a trophy becomes unobtainable. 

• Like 1

I have not gotten this, but I would vote somewhat dissatisfied because I want to delete the crap trophies rather than just hiding them 

On 4/20/2024 at 11:18 AM, captainskyhawk said:

What about an option to pay to delete trophies?

No one is gonna hack your account and pay to delete your lists.

I like that idea

• Like 1

A couple of changes I’d like to see are:

1. A permanent reveal setting.  Hidden trophies are dumb and having to go back to a list and click ‘Reveal Hidden Trophies’ every time I log in is annoying.

2. The ability to disable trophies when you first start a game.  There are lots of games I’d like to play casually that I’d never earn all the trophies for and it’d be nice to turn them off. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 10:48 AM, Milktastrophe said:

Got this pop up after earning a trophy today. Do you think Sony is planning some changes to trophies?

Abolishing issues like shovelware, stacks and regional versions seem highly unlikely at this point, but one could always hope - oh, and I still want an option to sort my games alphabetically.😁

Other than that, I think the system is pretty good.🙂

On 5/1/2024 at 2:34 PM, ArtMontef said:

This is absolutely insane. People asking to PAY for trophies? Are you all out of your mind? Can you imagine the outrage and news headlines? "Greedy Sony now wants people to pay for trophies". 

Look at Capcom, when RE4 released people wrote threads and emails asking to let them buy upgrade tickets to make the plat faster/easier. Which caused absolute flood of articles, YT videos and overall people complaining about greed.

Sony already doesn't have too good of a relationship with its fanbase, them letting you freaking BUY TROPHIES is insane. I know people mean unobtainable or multiplayer trophies in general, but that nuance would get lost in all the discussion. 

People who care so much about their completion and think trophies mean so much have insane tunnel vision. As other said, it allows for hacking problems, what if your kid deletes your ultra rare trophies? Sony now has another person clogging up the support system. People really don't see further than their own noses.

You are absolutely right! Buying trophies is crazy and should NEVER become a thing. I understand the frustration of unobtainable trophies, but trophies should not be about money or how much you can or are willing to pay. I was so surprised when I learned Capcom had added buying options for upgrade tickets, which to me ruin the meaning behind the challenge of obtaining trophies. 

On 4/20/2024 at 12:15 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

The ironic thing is that 95% of people don’t care about trophies, so will probably rate “average”…

…but all the people who do care about trophies and would be sad to see them go are also compulsive complainers, and will rate themselves “dissatisfied” due to some minor gripe or thing they’d like to have…

…so Sony are all but guaranteed to get a negative feedback from something this generalised and broad.

You really do enjoy taking things out of your ass and pretend it's the truth, don't you?😉

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Mellenthin said:

You really do enjoy taking things out of your ass and pretend it's the truth, don't you?😉

Funny you should say so, I actually have a rare medical condition that means my ass is constantly overflowing with factual statements.

One time I took a shit and it won a local pub quiz.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Funny you should say so, I actually have a rare medical condition that means my ass is constantly overflowing with factual statements.

One time I took a shit and it won a local pub quiz.

Shit, Scottish humour in a nutshell, eh?😉

55 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Has anyone else even received this same popup since this thread was created?

I got it literally 2 or 3 days ago, but it wasn't my first time getting the popup either. Seen it maybe 3 or 4 times. I dunno why they think my opinion would've changed

Somehow I have a feeling we have discussed this before, but here are a few thoughts.

In general I think the Trophy system isn't too bad, but just like in real life, there is always room for improvements.

- Customisable Trophy sound (yes to the PS3 Trophy sound)

- No more region stacks, just one list to rule them all

- Set some rules for what defines a Bronze, Silver or Gold Trophy. The higher the value, the better the effort. Plus make rules on what games are eligible for a Platinum Trophy, because in the past many good, long games got a crappy list. Compared that to a quick indie Gold Trophies only list.

- Shovelware should get 100% lists without a Platinum Trophy and/or have all/mostly Bronze Trophies.

On 4/20/2024 at 4:08 AM, dJordman said:

If they are, I'd really like to give them feedback.

I really really REALLY would like to have the option of either deleting trophy lists that aren't at 0 %... or have the option to hide them from myself.

There's a few games in my list at 1 or 2 % and I just want them gone. I know... it's not a big thing... unless you're a little OCD like I am ;)

INDEED!!! ENOUGH SAID!!!

We all know the big problem with trophies today, after a little thinking a good easy "fix" could be change the point value of each trophy. Today is fixed by each gold, silver and bronze,it could change to a dynamic value based on rarity for the calculation of level. It can generate other problems though.