How to stay on version 1.00?

CodGodFlame

11 hours ago, Killbomb said:

The reduction of input lag is such a game changer that people playing without the patch for the sake of some outfits are doing themselves a disservice.

True but i intent to play without patch first, then enjoy NG+ later with the patch and enhanced gameplay. The gameplay at start will be the same with the demo i played i can perfectly deal with it no problem. Will enjoy my game like that. Because you know it's my game... Because digital games are long term borrowed games. And i got this one physical! 😁

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JPtheNeurotic said:

You probably think concepts such as gay and trans rights , feminism , and racism are only American things and that snort sad and funny . 

The way it's marketed and commodified, 100%.

It just exists in many other countries where these things are accepted but here in the US they have plaster rainbows in every possible place in public spaces, they have to have an aisle in the store for it and they have to create themed food around it. Corporations have to shoehorn it in anywhere and everywhere to virtue signal and hope they can earn a few of the target demographics dollars.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, NickNintendo14 said:

How are you that much of a gooner that you play the whole game WORSE without day 1 patches just for a bit of skin

Exactly lol. It's not like the bunny suit is patched horribly + the other outfits are way better than this. My only "complain" would be that it sucks that the blood on their body is removed when you finish an enemy but maybe the blood causes some bad perfomance? (I heard it's well polished, but you never know)

Whatever, I didn't play this game yet but when I play it I will play it with a day 1 patch. I heard the gameplay is also a little bit improved with the day 1 patch. So playing it with patches is a nobrainer for me.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Breakingthegreen said:

Everyone is wanting to downgrade their game to see Eve's boobs in this in the bunny outfite, and she isn't even the hottest character, I wanna see this dude in the bunny outfit, is that available in 1.00? Otherwise I wouldn't bother.

Re: Stellar Blade. I saw a few people who seemed a little confused by the  backlash to Stellar Blade's character designs so I wanted to emphasize a  few things and clarify why 

Second this

• Like 1

Taking aside the whole outfit controversy, is it really that difficult for a game to NOT have a day 1 patch these days? Like why does the 1.00 version have performance issues, why is New Game+ part of a (free) DLC and therefore a day 1 patch, why is there input delay? I will definitely buy this game at some point in the future, but seeing that the base version of a game is essentially 1.01 really irks me.

20 minutes ago, ZOLANTON said:

Taking aside the whole outfit controversy, is it really that difficult for a game to NOT have a day 1 patch these days? Like why does the 1.00 version have performance issues, why is New Game+ part of a (free) DLC and therefore a day 1 patch, why is there input delay? I will definitely buy this game at some point in the future, but seeing that the base version of a game is essentially 1.01 really irks me.

Because big budget games always come with a deadline. Hitting the deadline is more important than a polished game for these companies looking for tens of millions of dollars back within weeks of launch. So the game has to be complete enough to ship out for printing/digital distribution by a specific date, which is generally months before launch. Once the 1.00 is done, the dev teams have likely already been largely dissolved and a much, much smaller dev team will have list of tech debt (bugs) they may be given absurd timelines to deliver fixes for, which is usually what launch day patches try to fix, sometimes also other features that weren’t deemed prioritized a launch feature, and as soon as the game launches, all the user bugs are also thrown to that small team.

Although, realistically there were still patches at launch of many of the PC games I was buying on CD and DVD over 20 years ago. I think once consoles adopted internet connections as standard, they were infected by the same terrible PC dev practices of launch and patch later. 

• Like 2

Patch 1.02 is superior just for the fact alone, that you are give the option to turn off the film grain filter which is absolute trash in every game it is featured in. Whoever thinks film grain is a good idea should get their eyes checked.

I played through the game twice with the film grain before the patch and once after the patch and it was someone had cured my blindness.

6 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

laugh.gif

Okay crazy 👍

Well, maybe rather than getting a refund and playing the physical copy, you should take some sage advice, and...

...because this game seems not to be it.

The game in its current state is the game the devs made, I'm afraid. 

They don't want your money - they want other people's money.

I'm not going to play it, obviously - it looks pretty boring - but from all the many, many, many posts I see about it, I don't actually see any people complaining that there was too much nudity or wanting it to be toned down.

Y'know - the kind of people you say should play something else. 

Probably because they're too busy playing something else. :dunno:

Really, I just see a large bunch of people saying "who cares about polygon boobs?"...

...and another, smaller bunch of people getting apoplectic about "censorship" and working overtime to twist some minor clothing changes made for taste, and some changed gore settings (that were almost certainly made for optimisation rather than censorship, given that there are far gorier games available on the system,) into some grand statements about defending creative freedom.

Those kind of arguments which - not for nothing -  would ring a little more true, if they ever seemed to be made by the same people to defend actual creative freedom in narrative storytelling.... and not just trotted out to complain about a lack of polygonal boobs.

Don't get me wrong - I'm pro-boobs.

Big fan.

A lifelong one...

...I just think there's better - and much easier places to see them than in a pre-patched version of what looks to be a competent, if largely forgettable 3rd-Person action game.

Thanks for calling me "Crazy"  really mature of you.

In the end, to each their own.

I've been working in this industry for about 20 years now and have seen it change a lot in those years.

How outer influences are limiting creative freedom.

Again, the boobs and censorship is not the only thing that annoys me.

It's promoting one thing and delivering another thing.

If you are okay with that, then fine.

But if I pay money for one thing and I get something else, then that is wrong in my opinion.

If you see it differently, I respect it.
Like I said, to each their own.

• Like 3

On 4/28/2024 at 8:03 PM, HONOKAPARA said:

The only reason to keep it at 1.0 is if you want the unchanged Holiday Bunny suit. (I think that's the only one that was changed?) Also the "Hard R" graffiti, lol. Personally, I'd rather have the improved input lag and NG+ that comes with the patch...

So... What? He asked a question, why won't you just help him?

Personally, I'd rather have people minding their own business...

• Like 3