this game online sucks

sandra1957

Don't start hacking until you're in a well "hideable" area. Don't just start as soon as you see him. Use cameras to see him coming. Blow something up like 30 feet away to get his attention. Hide in a parking garage if possible. Online only "sucks" because you're not enjoying it currently. :P Once you get the hang of it, you'll do like 5 successful hacks in a row bro.

• Like 2

On my side I didn't really had issue with online, It was challenging yes but managed to do all online trophy in one night.

Ont he other hand, the trophy that really pissed me off is Social Lubricant. That pawnee guy .. i'm at level 7, but I will complete it !

It's tough I'll admit, but it's pretty thrilling.  How seamless it is has impressed me, especially when someone else has come into your game.

Not managed a successful hack yet in 3/4 attempts, think mid 80s was the best, done a couple of tails sucessfully.

Nailed every hacker who was in my game so far.

• Like 2

Sorry that was frustration talking I was mad because I failed like 17 times but only got 4 I wish players just stand still till its over

its a game meant to be enjoyed do you want them to just let you win is that what you saying 

I agree it's difficult, but I wouldn't say "sucks".. I'm actually enjoying the invasion aspect more than I thought I would, although I've yet to successfully hack any players.

Im with you i too like the MP in this game normally hate online gaming but think its cool the way you get a random person invade your game and the nice part is its not often, 

Pros - The modes fit well with the theme of the game. I hate when MP modes are so outside of the universe of the main game that it's nearly a separate experience just so team deathmatch can be squeezed in. The MP is an integrated experience. Length of each match is a plus. It's easy to get in, have fun, finish a match, and go back to what I was doing before. And I like the paranoia of knowing someone can be watching when I least expect it.

Cons - Hacking is difficult. The area shrinks so small that the last quarter of the hack that it's near impossible for the 'hackee' to not trip over the hacker. You have three chances of success - you've used elevation to your advantage, you've managed to circle around an object to avoid detection, or your mark is a complete noob. Depending on where on the map you get dropped in, difficulty can vary.  But it's still a rush when you pull it off a hack successfully or get detected but manage to slip away with your life.

Overall I like the MP in Watch Dogs.  I haven't tried online decryption but look forward to giving it a try.

This is how i feel about the online.

I hacked people by hiding behind a jeep/small truck and moving around it whenever the player was on the other side. Works nearly everytime, unless they start grenade launching every car in that little circle :P

I was never a fan of Multiplayer online and their trophies but from what is seen is that it requires patients and the ability to outsmart someone. Doesn't PS4 games have free roam to help out since ps3 version was cut off

I'm offended the game gave me a very weak defense rating after being hacked once! Lol. Altho I probably deserve it after causing a blackout thus helping my hacker!

I straight up suck at this online hacking malarkey. I find moving around in cover works best but I don't seem to have alot of luck on my drop in location. Always seem to be in the middle of nowhere with no crowd to blend in with. Hate it when I hack in and they're driving. I am not very stealthy with my driving! And screw you Watch_Dogs for dropping me in right next to my target and getting grenade launchered in 5 seconds. Haha! 

I'm on the fence to be honest. Very frustrating but my word, such a thrill in that last 10% when the guy is 5 feet away. "Don't turn round, don't turn round, don't turn round.... fuck!"

Looking back, one of the funniest moments was losing a hacker as he raised a bridge on me to then get immediately invaded when stuck up against the bridge, Wasn't laughing at the time but must have been funny for the hacker invading me. I spotted him but took me too long to reacquire a vehicle and he got away. Have to practice hunting down people in cars. 

For a game that has only been released 10 days ago and a trophy (Hackification) that has already 10% of all players that have obtained the trophy, I would not consider that such a difficult trophy. There are much worse/difficult MP trophies online

Ive got all these trophies pretty easy. Hacking is really easy all you have to do is hide in a bush and they never see you. I almost always get my full hack. And to say ubisoft spends a lot of time on their multiplayer is total crap. Looking at this game and assassins creeds multiplayer you can easily tell they half ass that shit.

I haven't try online yet...I hope it is as easy as some of you say.....

Get a SUV or some sort of big car

When possible move to an area with multiple floors like bridges or parking lots and stay away from secluded areas

Initiate hacking and simply hide behind or in your car

Easy peasy

Completed all my online hacks, yes it was tough against some opponents, but it was genuinely tense and thrilling at times.

You can get extremely lucky sometimes and hack someone in the middle of a huge police chase / gunfight, they speed halfway accross the city and you basically get a free pass on the hack.  Othertimes you get stuck with someone out in the middle of nowhere and can't hide or even catch up to them.

The times where I brushed past my target as they turned a corner without spotting me, that was proper exciting stuff.  It can be frustrating but it's a Multiplayer experience that rewards a little thinking and cunning.  I loved it.  Would I want a lot more of it in game?  No, the amount required for trophies is nice and low.

Get a SUV or some sort of big car

When possible move to an area with multiple floors like bridges or parking lots and stay away from secluded areas

Initiate hacking and simply hide behind or in your car

Easy peasy

Yea, I finally finished all the online trophies in 2 days, circle around the car worked like a champ, just sometime those cameras are pain in the ass, but pain is over xD online invasion off~

• Like 1

The online trophies aren't that bad here. Tailing and races are pretty easy,  and hacking requires you to have a gameplan or get paired up with idiots.

However, the online portion of the game is pretty much crap. Other than the races, which are OK, hacking and tailing are not all that fun, and decryption is shit. I mean you can dominate the whole round, but if the other team gets lucky right at the end, they win? Lame. Plus, it's usually a lag fest.