PS Vita at E3

danielc655

I think they talked about the Vita during the conference for about less than 3 minutes and mentioned

Tales of Hearts R

Tales of the Borderlands

and some other game i forget

But really it feels like Sony is not helping out their own console. Even though Layden said "PS Vita remains a key pillar for us,"

It's a shame because it is such a wonderful handheld. I don't know why Sony used 'PS Now' as an excuse for so many 'games' on the Vita. I still love mine, but people want more to warrant a purchase.

After that conference, RIP Vita :(

Kinda made sense that PS4 will be the most important.

Anyways, I don't think this is the case ;) Just because Sony decided to dedicate E3 to PS4 it doesn't matter that Vita is dead =)

(There's not enough JRPGs to localize right now =D)

I'm actually glad there wasn't anything about Vita... because it wouldn't be a JRPG =D

Edited by SatoshiOokami

The Vita is my main system.  I used to buy all of them, but now live on a sailboat and only have the Vita.  The system is amazing.  I have 64 games for it.  15 full fledged games, and the rest are indies.  I really don't get why people only want to play AAA games, and THAT is their main reason for not getting a Vita.  Following the crowd much?

I really hope the Vita is not abandoned by Sony.  I don't care if they make AAA games exclusively for it, I just hope they keep making games... anything.  If they discontinue this system, I might have to consider stopping playing, since there's nothing else around (besides the biggies, which is hard to justify using all that space on a sailboat).

On a side note... 3DS kinda sucks.  Anyone who says Mario Kart is a must buy for the system is obviously either 13 years old, or someone's whose taste in video games is not something you want to follow.  The frickin' franchise has not changed since the first Mario Kart.  And, of all kart games, it has to be the most mundane.  CTR (Crash Team Racing), now THAT was a good kart game.

And gaming on iOS/Android devices?  How much more boring and I've-got-nothing-else-to-do-but-play-this-stupid-crap can you get?  Anyone who considers themselves a gamer will usually scoff at mobile games.

• Like 1

Personally I don't think Sony can save the vita. Don't get me wrong I've previously owned a vita and loved it but it just doesn't appeal to the general market. Because average consumers would pick a smart phone over a dedicated gaming device any day and that hurts the vita because there just isn't that must have title that is exclusive to the vita and appeals to the the average consumer. For example with the 3ds there are killer must have games on that platform that justify the purchase of it such as Pokemon and Mario kart. The vita is a great system with a ton of fun games (most of them being ports) and is worth a true gamers hard earned cash, but the fact that smart phones are becoming more and more popular every year, which means less incentive for a average consumer to buy any dedicated gaming device, which is something both Nintendo and Sony should worry about

Ewww.  Phone games are garbage.  

Also, I just picked up a Vita and I have tons of games yet to play on it so suck it haters.

Edited by daftprophet
  • Like 2

...And, if they actually discontinue the Vita (which I doubt will happen anytime soon), I'm gonna lose my $#!t and buy every game available, pick up another Vita in case mine craps out, and sail out to sea to earn all the trophies my skills can muster!

• Like 1

Japan is more likely to support Vita than PS 4 especially in its own country due to to its market.

Bandai Namco, Tecmo Koei, Xseed, Akys systems, Sony of Japan will keep supporting Vita and we should get some localizations on a bunch of games...probaly a bunch of weak games but some of them will have to be good :).

TGS is definitely going to announce SOMETHING for Vita....Japan loves their mobile!

and there goes my hype.... I wish they could at least shown 1 upcoming game exclusive for vita... but noooooo... no news for GR2, not even a new trailer for P4 Dancing All.... *sigh*

Isn't Atlus having its own block...? Because there is supposed to be P4AU, PQ and P4D info revealed sometimes soon... 

Edited by SatoshiOokami