PS Vita at E3

danielc655

So I saw that IGN put up a new video saying "Is This E3 the Nail in the Coffin for PS Vita?" quite frankly I don't agree but cutting to the chase what games are up coming on the vita that are going to be good or think that if they made something for the vita it would bring it back again.

I don't know what Sony can do. I mean they have kind of ignored the system with Killzone and Tearaway being the last games of any note on it.

They have had an Uncharted, Littlebig Planet, Resistance, Killzone, Call of Duty, Batman, Assassin's Creed and some interesting new IPs but the system is not taking off and most of those games have been remade and placed on PS3 leaving new fans skeptical of the system.

I love my Vita but I don't know what Sony can do to turn it around.

Sony should focus on localizing more titles from the east. The vita gets alot of attention there and it'd help to expand it's game library alot. As for the vita's future, i think sony will focus more on the use of the vita with a ps4 (remote play) rather than announcing alot of AAA games from the west. 

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 2

Sony should focus on localizing more titles from the east. The vita gets alot of attention there and it'd help to expand it's game library alot. As for the vita's future, i think sony will focus more on the use of the vita with a ps4 (remote play) rather than announcing alot of AAA games from the west. 

I really hope Sword Art Online and Corpse Party get imported over.

Edited by Golden
  • Like 2

I really hope Sword Art Online and Corpse Party get imported over.

SAO: Hollow fragment is already confirmed for a western digital release to the west. 

As for Corpse party: BloodDrive, it still has to release in japan. I'm pretty certain it'll come to the west later on aswell. The first one got localized and is even coming to the PC!

• Like 2

SAO: Hollow fragment is already confirmed for a western digital release to the west. 

As for Corpse party: BloodDrive, it still has to release in japan. I'm pretty certain it'll come to the west later on aswell. The first one got localized and is even coming to the PC!

Oh wow I can't wait.

I didn't think it was doing that well to be coming to the PC as well.

PS1/2 classics with trophy support.  :yay:

But seriously, it's unfortunate that all the Vita gets is mostly ports. I can only hope there will be new IPs.. something like Gravity Rush wasn't half bad. If not, I guess I'm just going to be playing indies on it. 

I believe what's comming to PC is the indie original version, psp version is exclusive to it

either way Blood Drive will come to west (US) (EU not confirmed), only thing we don't know is if it will be Digital only or not (around Q2 or Q3 2015 probably)

Edited by Nelson_Otaku

Gravity Rush 2!!!  Hotline Miami 2!!! :D

Wouldn't mind a Corspe Party Vita game, I hear rumours of a Vita GTA (but I'm personally not too bothered about that),

Persona 5 trailer/gameplay/screenshot.. ANYTHING!?! PLEASE!!!

Personally I don't think Sony can save the vita. Don't get me wrong I've previously owned a vita and loved it but it just doesn't appeal to the general market. Because average consumers would pick a smart phone over a dedicated gaming device any day and that hurts the vita because there just isn't that must have title that is exclusive to the vita and appeals to the the average consumer. For example with the 3ds there are killer must have games on that platform that justify the purchase of it such as Pokemon and Mario kart. The vita is a great system with a ton of fun games (most of them being ports) and is worth a true gamers hard earned cash, but the fact that smart phones are becoming more and more popular every year, which means less incentive for a average consumer to buy any dedicated gaming device, which is something both Nintendo and Sony should worry about

Sony should abandon the idea of making Vita for AAA gamers and make it paradise for Japanese games.

It's XSEED it's almost guaranteed it's gonna come out in west as well.

I love my Vita and am more than happy with everything that's happened with it so far. I consider it a great success for Sony. It's still the pinnacle of portable gaming right now (no, there is not a single smartphone or tablet that matches the Vita for all it's features and quality). I'm quite happy with the quantity and quality of games that have come out. I'm happy with the quantity and (so far) quality of upcoming titles (http://www.ign.com/games/upcoming/vita) as well.

I really wish people were less emotional and more practical about what it takes to make a video game these days, both in terms of time and money. Peoples expectations seem to be so high, failure seems to be the only result.

Vita isn't dead and it's not going away. Comparing it to Nintendo's handhelds or iOS/Android/WP/whatever is pointless. Nobody realistically chooses between a smartphone OR a Vita. They're two different markets. Selling over 8 million units in 2.5 years is pretty good in my opinion. Try to sell 8 million of anything yourself, I'll wait.

Well I noticed that Atelier Rorona is also coming to the PS3 and I pre-ordered that already.

I completely forgot about Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

Can't wait for Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth 1 and Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment 

there is not a single smartphone or tablet that matches the Vita for all it's features and quality

Oh please, it's even not close and no reason to compare with games on tablets/smartphones. No offense to those people who love games on their stupid smartphones, but honestly they are nothing but battery-waster to me. I believe that cellphone or smartphones are meant to be for calls and texts. If those developers and manufacturers aren't stupid enough for not figuring out how to prolong the battery life, why the puck they created such technology that kills battery life so easily?

But then again, why does the psvita's battery life is short too? :giggle:

After that conference, RIP Vita :(

Noooooooooooooooo! :shakefist:

• Like 2

I think they talked about the Vita during the conference for about less than 3 minutes and mentioned

Tales of Hearts R

Tales of the Borderlands

and some other game i forget

But really it feels like Sony is not helping out their own console. Even though Layden said "PS Vita remains a key pillar for us,"

The Vita don't deserve this, it's saddens me to see a wonderful handheld struggling like this. I really think the system itself is flawless, At least I will support the system until the end, I hope that ps4/vita bundle gives him a little more space in the market.
Even not been official yet, it will be in the future, based in their amazing relationship

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 4