Which Antivirus Would You Suggest?

SideEffect23

Now let me tell you that you get what you pay for. Currently I'm using ESET's Nod 32. It's not free, but it's the best antivirus program you've never heard of. It's recommended by Leo Laporte (If you know anthing about tech/computers you should have at least heard of him http://techguylabs.com/ ). ESET NOD32 holds the world record for Virus Bulletin VB100 Awards, never having missed detecting an "In-the-Wild" worm or virus. It's what I currently use. It updates 1-3 times a day with new perameters and I've have had nothing infect my brand new custom built system since getting it 6 months ago.

• Like 1

MSE by a long shot. Malwarebytes is something different - it's not necessarily active protection, and more meant for actual clean up. As I said in the CB, COMODO is good, but paranoid as hell.

I was going to recommend exactly that, but I thought I'd make it clearer that Malwarebytes is not an anti-virus. It's just for spyware/adware. You should use that in conjunction with MSE. And I will second the notion of NOD 32 being very good. I've been using it for years now.

• Like 1

If you want to pay, ESET Smart Security/NOD32 is one of the best brands on the market.

For free, I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials. It meshes with Windows well (obviously) so it's not particularly intrusive/disruptive... plus as far as definitions go I believe it's one of the higher ranked anti-virus solutions these days. This, and common sense, should help keep your PC clean.

• Like 2