Vinyl

Daditude_

Yup, got hundreds of records, but the minority of my collection is vinyls unfortunately. I mostly buy CD's and sync them to my MP3 player. The vinyls I got are mostly albums I love that I actually decided to get on both formats. I also got some rarities and singles of course. Few treasures in there ;)

Yep, I've got a pretty decent size record collection too. It all started with Led Zeppelin and since then I've gone out of my way to collect records from my other favorite bands as well. I'm not a music snob who looks down on those who don't listen to records and complains about the "low quality" of CD's and MP3's but I find there is something special about putting a vinyl on the record player and just sitting there and relaxing while it plays. That may just be nostalgia speaking though...

Parker

• Like 1

Yes, through-out the years I have amassed a considerable amount of old skool acid house, breakbeat and drum n bass collection all in Vinyl, all with original sleeves and ultra rare white labels which are very expensive and ultra rare to find and in really minty fresh condition.

Being a very big fan of late 80's and early 90's dance music for me is very important as that was the time when I was growing up and getting into all sorts of debauchery and this music has played a big part of who I am today as a person.

Edited by heath_577
  • Like 1

Back in my youth I used to be an avid collector of 12" singles to satisfy my cravings of weird dance and ambient music. I would say I have around 400-500 singles but only around 30 actual LPs. Not sure if any of them are rare or actually worth anything. I wouldn't be selling them anyway though :P. I also have around 100 7" singles, but those are mainly chart stuff so it's mostly crap. :lol:

Wow, me and my total of 3 LPs feel very inadequate all of a sudden. I guess I'll go with the quality over quantity argument. :)

Yes, through-out the years I have amassed a considerable amount of old skool acid house, breakbeat and drum n bass collection all in Vinyl, all with original sleeves and ultra rare white labels which are very expensive and ultra rare to find and in really minty fresh condition.

Being a very big fan of late 80's and early 90's dance music for me is very important as that was the time when I was growing up and getting into all sorts of debauchery and this music has played a big part of who I am today as a person.

That sounds pretty awesome, I'm quite jealous! I hope you have Darude - Sandstorm in that collection somewhere. :P

• 1 month later...

There is something about that crackle.. it's not suppose to be there but it just makes it so much better 

If i collect Vinyls.. they are anything related to Reggae as that 'Rocksteady' beat just don't sound the same on Download or CD 

Everyone seems to be worried about HD quality but Vinyl trumps HD any day for me !

I've been buying vinyl for almost 2 years. I started when I found 'The Kids are Alright', 'Live at Leeds' and 'By Numbers' by The Who at a Savers. Not a huge fan of The Who, but I do enjoy most of their stuff. I just wish I had more room for my records. Damn gatefolds take up too much room.

I've been buying vinyl for almost 2 years. I started when I found 'The Kids are Alright', 'Live at Leeds' and 'By Numbers' by The Who at a Savers. Not a huge fan of The Who, but I do enjoy most of their stuff. I just wish I had more room for my records. Damn gatefolds take up too much room.

Imagine how much room this guy's collection needs lol.