'Sharknado' Is Now Also a Video Game

Lady Lilith

http://mashable.com/2014/07/08/sharknado-the-video-game/

Syfy-Sharknado.jpg

When the people ask for more Sharknado, you give the people what they want. SyFy commissioned a video game version of its over-the-top disaster hit to coincide with the release of Sharknado 2 later this month.

Sharknado: The Video Game is coming to iOS. The endless runner pits players against a series of shark-infested tornadoes threatening New York City.

The game is being published by Majesco Entertainment and developed by Other Ocean, who recently made equally silly basketball star-versus-aliens mobile game NBA Rush. Players will be able to bounce off the backs of tiger sharks, slash sharks with a broadsword and even dive into the heart of the Sharknado while wielding a chainsaw — just like the first film.

"When Majesco approached us about making a Sharknado game, we said 'yes' before they'd even finished asking," said Other Ocean designer Frank Cifaldi in a press release. "The game we came up with is very much in the spirit of the films: ridiculous, overblown, yet oddly sincere. We can't wait for fans to sink their teeth into it."

Sharknado: The Video Game will be out before the second film debuts on SyFy on July 30, but no exact date was given.

This is a thing?

I've never even heard of those anywhere, except The Room, and I only endured that because I was told it was good.  Coming from the people that told me that, I should have known it was one of "those" movies.

Anyways you should check out Ed Wood. It is the Tim Burton film done about the director Ed Wood, who made Plan 9 From Outer Space, and it is a fantastic movie. The love and passion Wood had for making movies shone through and after watching it I was able to appreciate his movies that much more. Films like the Room and Birdemic are similar to this as the directors really believed in their films and that is what makes watching them so much fun.

• Like 2

I'll see your Troll 2, and raise you a Samurai Cop.

Samurai Cop is a killer! Too bad you seem to be the only one in this topic who can appreciate good B movies. I wouldn't certainly consider movies like Sharknado or Piranha 3DD as B movies but they definately wanted to do one.

• Like 2

Samurai Cop is a killer! Too bad you seem to be the only one in this topic who can appreciate good B movies. I wouldn't certainly consider movies like Sharknado or Piranha 3DD as B movies but they definately wanted to do one.

There's a fine art to crafting a movie so horrifically bad that the pendulum swings back to utter brilliance. 

I'd just like to point out - in case anyone is confused and thinks this is going to be a big licensed game or something - that it's not really a "video game" per se, it's an iOS only endless runner ( You know, like Temple Run...only with Sharknadoes and chainsaws. ) Not really something to get in a tizzy over - it's not something coming to big consoles or anything.

You know - something you play to kill time while you take a massive dump.

In regards to the movie itself - what's wrong with it being bad for the sake of being bad? It's meant to be fun and nothing more. It's meant to be a stupid movie - I mean, it's about tornadoes full of sharks, come on now.

It's exactly like the Transformers movies - meant to be something you just watch with your brain turned off, laughing and having a good time with a few other people. There are far worse movies out there, that actually take themselves seriously, than Sharknado. It's not like the Sharknado movies were in theaters - they're made for TV.

Edited by Fox
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Anyways you should check out Ed Wood. It is the Tim Burton film done about the director Ed Wood, who made Plan 9 From Outer Space, and it is a fantastic movie. The love and passion Wood had for making movies shone through and after watching it I was able to appreciate his movies that much more. Films like the Room and Birdemic are similar to this as the directors really believed in their films and that is what makes watching them so much fun.

Better acting than mine.

if you really want to watch a bad film, watch attack of the killer tomatoes, or any classic 50s B-movie, now some of those are BAD!

It was supposed to be bad...they even said that in the trailer.