Are the PS Vita titles impressive?

SoIidWoIf

I only have a PS4 right now and am thinking of getting a PS VITA but am wondering if there are much exclusive and impressive titles on the PS Vita right now and if it's still being supported well. Will it be worth getting a PS VIta, I think I would like a portable Playstation but usually am not impressed by handheld console's titles?

I have been subscribed to PS+ the whole time that I have owned the PS4 and as well as getting free PS4 games with +, I confirmed getting the PS Vita games free too so I will already get like 20 games from my plus. I don't know anything about most of these games though.

Games Free With Plus When I Have Been Subscribed - I will have all of these free for Vita.

Surge Deluxe
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Dragon's Crown
Lone Survivor Director's Cut
Gravity Rush
Soul Sacrifice
DUT)
ModNation Racers: Road Trip
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
PixelJunk Monsters: Ultimate HD
BLAZBLUE Continuum Shift Extend
Dynasty Warriors Next
Hotline Miami
Guacamelee
GTA: Liberty Stories

Cross Platform Games - PS4/PSVITA - Cross Platform for PS Vita games that I own for PS4

Steam World Dig

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate

Titan Attacks

Edited by SoIidWoIf
  • Like 1

Most of the games you have on there are pretty good. Especially Gravity Rush as it's one of the best Vita games out there.
It's still being supported, and apparently the system had a surge in sales recently; although Sony isn't going to support as many first-party titles outside of Japan it seems.

I can't really say much about the other games since I've either only heard about them, or they're in my backlog.

If you do get a Vita, a personal recommendation would be Persona 4 Golden if you're a fan of RPGs.

Edited by Vicodin_HP
  • Like 1

It matters what you are looking for. If you are looking for some great B and indie games then you can't go wrong with the Vita. If you are looking for AAA and exclusive titles then your pickings will be slim but Soul Sacrifice, Virtue's Last Reward, and Persona 4 Golden make it a worthwhile purchase.

Personally, I love my Vita. Mainly because I'm into indie, arcadey, and retroesque types of games.

• Like 1

Lone Survivor is one of the greatest games of the decade, in my opinion, and a hot contender for my favorite horror game of all time.

Gravity Rush, Dragons Crown and Uncharted are all very very good, I liked Sly Cooper, and im told Hotline Miami and Guacamele are fantastic, though i havent played them yet myself.

Even if you never buy a game other than this list the Vita is still a great value buy!

• Like 1

You can't go wrong buying Vita. There are many great games on it (some of your PS+ games are really awesome). On top of that you get to remote play all your PS4 games - a Vita is really a no brainer if you have PS+ and PS4. If I were you I'd hunt for the Borderlands 2 bundle. You can cross-save your progress from the PS3 version - cool option :)

If you want a good guide to Vita games, I can refer you to my older post here:

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/16459-just-bought-a-vita-give-me-some-recommendations/#entry336404

• Like 1

The titles on ur list are awesome enough to own a vita ^_^. With a few other titles that are out even without some of the + titles still worth owning. Gravity Rush is amazing and fun to play in my opinion, Lone Survivor is well worth a play on the vita not so much on the Ps3 lol. 

• Like 1

As well as these, I will be getting more games every month staying subscribed to Plus for this and my PS4. I will probably buying some games along with it, am wondering if there are any amazing games on the Vita that are exclusive.

Am wondering too if every PS Vita Retail Game and a majority of the PSN games have platinums, might be strange question but am wondering if they're handheld, do they all have platinums like the PS4 does (Besides MGS V: GZ).

Games Free With Plus When I Have Been Subscribed -

Surge Deluxe [havent played it]
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time [Great fun]
Dragon's Crown [havent played it]
Lone Survivor Director's Cut [havent played it]
Gravity Rush [fucking awful broken pos]
Soul Sacrifice [havent played it]
DUT)
ModNation Racers: Road Trip [havent played it]
Uncharted: Golden Abyss [its very meh, feels like a bad version of the first Uncharted]
PixelJunk Monsters: Ultimate HD [havent played it]
BLAZBLUE Continuum Shift Extend [havent played it]
Dynasty Warriors Next [havent played it]
Hotline Miami [Great fun, but not my type of game as i hate top down views]
Guacamelee [played it on ps4 and didnt like it]
GTA: Liberty Stories [if you enjoy GTA yes, i havent played this port though]

Cross Platform Games - PS4/PSVITA - Cross Platform for PS Vita games that I own for PS4

Steam World Dig [no]

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate [havent played it]

Titan Attacks [havent played it]

There you go :P

For anybody wondering what game "DUT)" is, it's actually "Smart As...".

It said DUT) on the PSN Store and said "Smart As on the picture for some reason.

Gravity Rush [fucking awful broken pos]

Everyone else has said this game was great.

Edited by SoIidWoIf

Games Free With Plus When I Have Been Subscribed - I will have all of these free for Vita.

Surge Deluxe [not played]

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time [not played - I want to do the Sly Trilogy first!]

Dragon's Crown [Enjoying it at the moment - 8 hours in and would recommend]

Lone Survivor Director's Cut [not played it enough to have an opinion]

Gravity Rush [really fun game]

Soul Sacrifice [not played enough to have an opinion]

DUT) [ok, played it for the trophies and wrote the guide]

ModNation Racers: Road Trip [meh]

Uncharted: Golden Abyss [My first taste of Uncharted. Really enjoyed it, if a little linear. Highly recommended. I even wrote the guide.]

PixelJunk Monsters: Ultimate HD [Good, but better on PS4, movement speed is nerfed on Vita]

BLAZBLUE Continuum Shift Extend [couldn't get into it, not really a fighter fan, I button mash]

Dynasty Warriors Next [played for a bit but really grindy. A love it or hate it series I gather]

Hotline Miami [really good. Very highly recommended]

Guacamelee [very good. Very fun if you like metroidvania games and highly recommended.]

GTA: Liberty Stories [not played]

Steam World Dig [not played]

PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate [fun, but without enough to make me come back after plat]

Titan Attacks [huh? is this a US only IGC release? I missed this one.]

There's my opinions on the games you've listed.

A Vita is a great investment. I love mine. It gets the most play of any of my consoles. I doubt you'll regret getting one.

There's my opinions on the games you've listed.

I didn't know PixelJunk Monsters was on the PS4, I only seen PixelJunk Shooter.

Titan Attacks isn't US only, I live in UK. It came out a few months ago for all Playstaions cross platform.

Edited by SoIidWoIf

for me i've really enjoyed ownin one so far and its given me a nice break away from sittin on a lazy boy imitation infront of the tele...

gravity rush imo is brilliant, just takes some adjustment to learn how to free fall/fly properly and is the biggest reason many just leave it after a few hours of play...

ss is slighty dissapointin because its set in small arenas rather than dungeon crawlin like it was rumoured to be but other than that its another great game with an awesome storyline... a really challengin game too if you play it solo but made ridiculously easy if you just boost co op it like many have... someone on my friendslist did it in less than 2 days :S

i'd say uncharted is way better compared to the original uncharted just down to the replay value and story alone...

hotline miami is reminiscent of the first gta with the main differences bein that its brilliant and has its missions set within buildings...

guacamalee is really cool too, a straight forward but potentially challengin platformer...

most of the beat em ups are really great too except mk9 i'd say because its graphics were watered right down just to allow it to run at optimal fps... its still good if you like mk9 as its exactly the same but the graphics are off puttin...

dragons crown is good too and so is sly...

hd collections have been abit hit and miss so be cautious of payin out full prices for them...

all in all if you get one you'll either be slightly disappointed or pleasantly surprised...

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

I didn't know PixelJunk Monsters was on the PS4, I only seen PixelJunk Shooter.

Titan Attacks isn't US only, I live in UK. It came out a few months ago for all Playstaions cross platform.

Apologies, I mis-read it. PixelJunk Monsters was an "ok" tower defence game IMO. I wasn't totally grabbed by it. I found it to be quite slow with a steep difficulty curve.

I must have missed Titan Attacks... :(

• 4 weeks later...