Seperate Trophy List

Pretty cool. I'll be sure to pick up the standalone since I never dabbled into the DLC itself. Never even knew this was coming.

I have played the dlc. While playing I wondered why there wasn't a trophy for jetpack kills. I gues they were saving it for the stand alone.

Ah. I see where this is going. A new trend. If a DLC catches on they rerelease it as a 'standalone' version so they can make more money.

Devs now know trophies = money and how more trophies, how more money. I can't blame them for it, more trophies are always welcome to add to my collection. Yet I can't fully appreciate it.

• Like 2

I'm guessing they released a standalone version because... well, nobody plays the Intercept DLC that was released to the game a month ago. I got most of the trophies in the DLC about a week ago and there were only about 5 - 10 other people playing the co-op modes at a single time. 

From someone who got the platinum in the game, it's always surprised me how basically nobody plays the multiplayer in this game. It's usually 2,000 people at most playing online modes at a single time! Considering how little multiplayer games there are on PS4 and how many people own a PS4, this kind of perplexes me, especially since KZ: SF multiplayer isn't that bad at all.

I remember they released this DLC add-on to the game for like $10 and they said they were hoping it would draw people back into the miltiplayer... and as I expected, that didn't really happen. Haha, so I guess their logic is that a standalone version may help attract more people  :hmm:

Ah. I see where this is going. A new trend. If a DLC catches on they rerelease it as a 'standalone' version so they can make more money.

Devs now know trophies = money and how more trophies, how more money. I can't blame them for it, more trophies are always welcome to add to my collection. Yet I can't fully appreciate it.

Words of impeccable wisdom, however due to much greediness, they can turn some good games in a completily and unacessary mess, like Sound Shapes

• Like 1

Which is a good thing, since more money keeps a company alive for longer. :)

Personally, I have no interest in buying Killzone and the season pass but I'm really interested in this. It's not a huge investment of time (to reach 100%) and money (convincing friends to pick it up) and should be good coop fun for a few hours.

I always wished that Epic would have released a standalone Gears Horde game on the 360.

Looking at the recent players list, it looks like whatever trophies/stats you earned from the DLC trophies on the base game are automatically unlocked when you launch this standalone version. I guess that makes sense due to the fact that all your multiplayer stats are saved on the KZ servers.

OR they announced the standalone when they first announced the DLC months ago and even gave an August release. How can they release a standalone for a DLC that "catches on" before it even comes out? Please enlighten me. Freedom Cry is what you're thinking of, and this isn't that.

Edited by codphanatic

OR they announced the standalone when they first announced the DLC months ago and even gave an August release. How can they release a standalone for a DLC that "catches on" before it even comes out? Please enlighten me. Freedom Cry is what you're thinking of, and this isn't that.

Well, then it doesn't need to catch on, right. :)

• 3 months later...

Did all of the trophies auto pop for you guys?  I just bought it yesterday thanks to the PSN sale (EU) but it seems nobody is playing it and I don't want to spend much time with it due to the flood of games that have been released and will be released in the coming weeks!

Edited by milanbarca82