Jem's Trophy Gems

jemmie

I hope Jak II on PS3 was easier than Jak II on the vita, cause the controls just made it difficult at times. Congrats though and good luck with Jak III.

Thanks. I never played a Jak and Daxter game on the vita, so I can't really say which system is easier to play on. The controls with PS3 weren't that bad (though I did mess up a few times grinding with the hover board).

UPDATE! Platinum #49-Jak 3 is now posted!

It took me most of the weekend, but I managed to platinum Jak 3 before I needed to return the trilogy. Now it's finally time to spend hundreds of attempts on the last two trophies I need for the Arcana Heart 3 platinum. I honestly have no idea how long this will take. You may see an update tomorrow, next week, next month, or maybe even never again. The one thing I am sure of is that Arcana Heart 3 will eventually be my 50th platinum (followed by a bunch of other ones I'll probably save with one trophy left).

UPDATE! 100% #14-Skullgirls Encore is now posted!

No progress on Arcana Heart 3 yet. I tried getting atatatatatatatatatatatatatata! a few days ago and once again failed miserably. I'll try again once I'm done with the trophy league I'm in.

UPDATE! Platinum #50-Aquapazza is now posted!

Note to self: Never make an online trophy the last trophy you need for the platinum when you don't want to get it right away. I was playing ranked matches in Aquapazza today, used my splash art without thinking, won the round, and got a platinum. I'm not upset about it though. In fact, I'm super excited to finally have 50 platinums (and that I can stop preventing myself from using splash arts when my opponents have under half health). I will continue trying every so often to get the remaining two Arcana Heart 3 trophies, but at this point, it's beginning to look like a lost cause.

UPDATE! Platinum #50-Aquapazza is now posted!

Note to self: Never make an online trophy the last trophy you need for the platinum when you don't want to get it right away. I was playing ranked matches in Aquapazza today, used my splash art without thinking, won the round, and got a platinum. I'm not upset about it though. In fact, I'm super excited to finally have 50 platinums (and that I can stop preventing myself from using splash arts when my opponents have under half health). I will continue trying every so often to get the remaining two Arcana Heart 3 trophies, but at this point, it's beginning to look like a lost cause.

You should have made Noire the 50th Plat =D

You should have made Noire the 50th Plat =D

It's very likely to be #51 now. I've been dragging Noire out to avoid getting the platinum, but now I have no reason to, so expect it to be added to my list by next weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE! Platinum #51-Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart is now posted!

To celebrate, I bought the Re;Birth 3 CPU Candidate theme for my PS Vita, which is a lot better than the boring standard theme. I was also finally able to make enough memory on my Vita to download BlazBlue Continuum Shift: Extend, which I bought from a sale around two months ago.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE! Platinum #52-Akiba's Trip: Undead and Undressed is now posted!

I decided to start this game back up again during my vacation. I would've started it sooner if I knew how quickly I could've gotten the platinum.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

UPDATE! Platinum #53-Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed is now posted!

I can't sync my trophies while I'm at college, but trust me, I have it! It feels good to post here again after not getting a platinum for so long.

• Like 1

I really like your list! Went through and read a bunch of the descriptions, a bunch of the games you've finished are awesome. I've been meaning to get the Sengoku Basara games and the like. Also congrats on your latest plat!

Thanks! The Sengoku Basara series is awesome! It's upsetting that none of the PS3 games got localized besides Samurai Heroes.

• Like 1

Thanks! The Sengoku Basara series is awesome! It's upsetting that none of the PS3 games got localized besides Samurai Heroes.

I saw that recent one they made in Japan and it looks so gooood. Yeah it is a shame, if we could just empower ourselves with a lot of Japanese knowledge, no worries! :P

I'll still import them most likely seeing as I love Musou/Hack n Slash games.

I saw that recent one they made in Japan and it looks so gooood. Yeah it is a shame, if we could just empower ourselves with a lot of Japanese knowledge, no worries! :P

I'll still import them most likely seeing as I love Musou/Hack n Slash games.

Definitely import Utage since there's very little story content. If you play Samurai Heroes first, you can pretty much guess what most of the equipment does.

• 2 months later...

UPDATE! Platinum #54-Soul Calibur V is now posted!

There's nothing like ending the year off with an ultra rare platinum! 2016 is going to be a rough year for trophies since I'm in college now and will even be busy during the summer. I will at least try to expand my lead in the Shonen Jump PP and get one or two more platinums before my winter break ends.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE! Platinum #55-Rocket League is now posted!

It's not a Shonen Jump platinum, but it's still a platinum! I tried platting Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage before going back to my dorm, but I was just too busy my last few days home. It looks like I'm going back to Vita platinums until my next break!

• 4 months later...

UPDATE! Platinum #56-Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage and Platinum #57-One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 are now posted!

I got these platinums a few weeks ago, but I have been super busy the past month and forgot about posting here. I'm away from home for the next two months, so unless I finally get around to platting HDN Re;Birth3, there probably won't be another update for a while.

Edited by jem12345

UPDATE! Platinum #56-Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage and Platinum #57-One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 are now posted!

I got these platinums a few weeks ago, but I have been super busy the past month and forgot about posting here. I'm away from home for the next two months, so unless I finally get around to platting HDN Re;Birth3, there probably won't be another update for a while.

Two anime related platinums, nice work ^_^ 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

UPDATE: 100%s 15-17, New Paint Park, Contrast, and The Walking Dead Season 2 have now been posted!

It sure has been a while since I've posted here. I went to Tokyo for ten weeks and was barely able to trophy hunt at all. When I came back, I completely forgot to update this thread. I'm pretty far behind now with six game reviews to do, but I wanted to at least get the 100%s out of the way. Another update should happen either later tonight or tomorrow.

By the way, if anyone's wondering why TWD Season 2 has such a high rating after reading about how much I trashed Season 1, it's because Season 2 in my opinion had better characters and a much better story that was actually entertaining rather than throwing zombies into the mix every time the game wanted to liven things up. It takes more than that to make a good game. I'm not saying the game was fantastic and mind-blowing, but I was surprised by how much the series had improved.

Congrats on the latest additions, how is that Xenoverse grind going dood?

Thanks. Let me put it this way. I got all the coins in One Piece: Pirate Warriors. I got all the weapons in Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes. I even got all the cards in DBZ: Battle of Z. I am seriously questioning whether I'll get all the skills in Xenoverse. It has been AT LEAST 40 battles since my last skill, and I still have 33 to go. I got two skills yesterday with over a dozen battles in between. I only got one skill today, and it was an evasive skill. I chose a mission with four missing skills, and I got the only one not required for the platinum. I try not to get mad at a game, but RNG really ticks me off. I would rather suffer the horrible online connection in Ultimate Tenkaichi than hear Goku say, "Oh! You must be the warrior Gohan said was going to train with us! Is that right?" one more time. Every time I defeat Gohan in that fight, he says he's sorry. If he was really sorry, he would've dropped the skill two days ago.

The true icing on the cake is that there's a way to make skills have a 100% drop rate, but it requires a $10 DLC. It all makes sense now. The RNG sucks just so we'll all spend extra money on the game. Well, I wasn't planning on buying the DLC, and that isn't going to change my mind. I obviously need to take a break from this game. I'm trying to get the platinum before Xenoverse 2 comes out to get the Super Saiyan emblem for my PP, but that's unlikely to happen at this rate. Hopefully the sequel isn't another RNG disaster.

Sorry. I bet you weren't expecting a rant, but I really needed to get that out of my system.

Thanks. Let me put it this way. I got all the coins in One Piece: Pirate Warriors. I got all the weapons in Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes. I even got all the cards in DBZ: Battle of Z. I am seriously questioning whether I'll get all the skills in Xenoverse. It has been AT LEAST 40 battles since my last skill, and I still have 33 to go. I got two skills yesterday with over a dozen battles in between. I only got one skill today, and it was an evasive skill. I chose a mission with four missing skills, and I got the only one not required for the platinum. I try not to get mad at a game, but RNG really ticks me off. I would rather suffer the horrible online connection in Ultimate Tenkaichi than hear Goku say, "Oh! You must be the warrior Gohan said was going to train with us! Is that right?" one more time. Every time I defeat Gohan in that fight, he says he's sorry. If he was really sorry, he would've dropped the skill two days ago.

The true icing on the cake is that there's a way to make skills have a 100% drop rate, but it requires a $10 DLC. It all makes sense now. The RNG sucks just so we'll all spend extra money on the game. Well, I wasn't planning on buying the DLC, and that isn't going to change my mind. I obviously need to take a break from this game. I'm trying to get the platinum before Xenoverse 2 comes out to get the Super Saiyan emblem for my PP, but that's unlikely to happen at this rate. Hopefully the sequel isn't another RNG disaster.

Sorry. I bet you weren't expecting a rant, but I really needed to get that out of my system.

lol I actually fully expected a rant if you weren't having great luck with it which clearly seems you aren't. I definitely agree though the RNG is abysmal and even worse the game has RNG within RNG. I'm looking forward to the Xenoverse 2 but yeah they definitely have to do with the skills in that