How to fix this online

BMJ2K7

1) FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, BAN 100% OF THE HACKERS! Too many people with god mode, too many people shooting half way across the map including through walls, seen aimbot a few times now, 1 hit killing people everywhere, classes using the other classes abilities and there own, no delay between using abilities for them, seems a few people abusing the titan slam every 5 seconds for over a minute, seen it more often with the hunters but the titan was more blatant. Grenade launchers, I didnt even know where on the game, but damn if they ain't using them the second the game starts and going on a 15 kill streak off the bat. Some have the ability to prevent grenades from activating if its near them. Some even have the ability where you can't first person and try and shoot them, and to top it all off the borderlands 2 type grenades. Holy hell some of these grenades have like 5 different abilities, and considering I already have started playing as both Warlock and Hunter, since I maxed out my Titan and I haven't seen anything to say any of these people are anything other than hacking. Also can't forget, them giving you multiple deaths for them killing you once, and when you kill them you get no points, yet the game says you got a milestone for killing them. Full game invisibilty as all classes.

2) Fix the balancing! One part for high levels vs low levels, it seems they don't balance it correctly to make it even for both sides. The other for team balancing, too many times have I seen a 3v6, and then when someone joins it becomes 3v7, wtf? And usually I'm on the lower side.

3) Fix the after game gifts. It seems completely random, the number 1 player, and number 5 player wont get anything, but everyone else will. Or only the number 7 overal player will get something, seriously this NEEDS to be fixed.

4) Fix the encryption for classes. Why my Titan gets warlock, and hunter legendary gear is beyond me, but this should be class specific gear.

5) Have the encryption value mean something, Trading in 15 legendary engrams to get 2 blue weapons, and 12 green items and 1 legendary item is pretty bad. When they say your going to get either a blue or a purple, yet you get green.

6) Make headshots mean something! 2 headshots should kill someone with a Auto Rifle, 1 with a sniper etc. It should not take 4-5 headshots with a gun that does around 250 damage. make damage mean something!

7) This is is just in general. Fix the stupid exotic bounties! You shouldn't have to have a PvP match for one of these weapons where you literally have to have 25 more kills than deaths on a match to unlock a weapon. They should explain more about what it requires for the next step, not have to use google as where to go!

8) More mode that can revive teammates. Not being able to revive in almost all modes in this game seems kind of dumb. Its a 1st person, cartoony type, coop shooter, it should be almost mandatory.

9) More ways to get Light, without armor. More ways to get upgradeable materials in general. Right now its way to luck based to get some of these things.

10) Remove vehicles/Gun emplacements. There too OP for the few spawns of heavy ammo.

11) Spawn with a grenade online. If your dying that much to keep using them, then you need all the help you can get.

These are just my thoughts on how they can fix this online, what our your thoughts?

Edited by BMJ2K7

Sounds like you're just venting, but I'd like to address your issues.

1. I've been watching people stream this game on Twitch since Day 1 and whenever they've done PvP there hasn't been anything like you've described happening.
  2. Also I haven't seen any games with more than 5 on one side and the balancing seems accurate enough. Not sure what modes can have 7 on one team.
  3. The game gifts are meant to be random. I guess it's that way so it's not just the best players that get the best rewards but it's spread around so everyone has a chance to get something good.
  4. It's to encourage you play all the classes.
  5. Not sure exactly what you mean. Maybe the engrams are random to add some suspense and excitement.
  6. Don't know about that one either. Just fire more bullets I guess. I've seen players with over 1350 defence, so wouldn't a gun that does 250 damage take 6 shots to kill them?
  7. The exotic bounties gain you a guaranteed exotic weapon which is the best tier in the game. Those bounties are designed in a way that you are supposed to play a little of every part of the game and are meant to be tough too.
  8. Don't all modes have revival? If they don't then the respawn is probably so quick it isn't needed. Also sometimes there is a timer before someone can be revived. That can be up to 30 seconds, I think.
  9. Levelling up the light is meant to be time consuming and luck based. It's that way so you play the game, a lot, and don't end up max level after about a week with nothing else left to do.
  10. I dunno about that one. Isn't it gonna be the same for everyone though?

That's just my thoughts.

Edited by Stevieboy
  • Like 2

Hackers are everywhere to be found in online gaming. If you're a half decent player it shouldn't be a problem. I'm afraid there's not much you can do about it except kick their butts.

But that gets boring after awhile, except the god mode players. Then I lose big time.

I personally haven't experienced #1 or #2, so I can't comment on them, but I agree with #3, too many times do idle people get high end gear, and the top player gets nothing.

I'm split on #4, it encourages replaying the game, I actually cross my fingers for items of another class, because I already have fully upgraded legendary/exotic armour, and anything I get is dismantled. 

#5 and #7 is silly. If you want high-end gear, you have to work for it. If every legendary engram gave out a legendary item, and you could get exotic gear for getting a double kill, it takes away the point of the game.

#6 makes me wonder if you've ever played an rpg before. That logic doesn't apply in these types of games. 

I don't get #8, because it's a cartoony game (which it's not) it has to have a revive feature for every pvp mode?

Lastly, you complain about balancing issues in #2, but want no vehicles/turrets, and spawn with a grenade after dying? 

I get one shot killed ALL THE TIME. Even as my armor has gone from all uncommon to all rare (total of 606 defense now) it keeps happening. One thing I've noticed is that some players have two health bars like wizards do. The silver one has to be depleted before the red is even affected. I'm not sure how this works, as I'm still fairly new to the crucible events, but I have a feeling that I only have one health bar (hence the one shot kills), but I haven't been able to verify that yet. My focus is just saving up crucible marks, earning crucible reputation, and trying to have fun even while getting slaughtered. It's still frustrating though.

I get one shot killed ALL THE TIME. Even as my armor has gone from all uncommon to all rare (total of 606 defense now) it keeps happening. One thing I've noticed is that some players have two health bars like wizards do. The silver one has to be depleted before the red is even affected. I'm not sure how this works, as I'm still fairly new to the crucible events, but I have a feeling that I only have one health bar (hence the one shot kills), but I haven't been able to verify that yet. My focus is just saving up crucible marks, earning crucible reputation, and trying to have fun even while getting slaughtered. It's still frustrating though.

I think everyone has a silver bar but it depends on how fast it is depleting, also those shotguns are way op, I'm getting one shot killed by them a lot in rumble

I think everyone has a silver bar but it depends on how fast it is depleting, also those shotguns are way op, I'm getting one shot killed by them a lot in rumble

How can I find out for sure? At a lower defense it would make sense but as I've gotten higher you'd think it would take longer to deplete.

Alot of this seems a bit venting based. But what you are addressing is alot of how an MMO or MMO style game is actually meant to work:

1. Agreed - However this is never something you can 100% fix. Ever. You can only continue to battle them and keep them as minimal as possible.

2. Can be fixed if they tweak their matchmaking and match set-up systems - these things always happen in MMOs and are progressively fixed over time

3. Seems intended? Aren't they supposed to be based on a combination of performance and random loot? It is a random loot based game after all.

4. I think again, it is a random loot system. I play a Titan but have 4 pieces of really good Warlock gear. You can deconstruct it or bank it for when/if you decide to roll the class it belongs too. I would like to see some way of trading between clan members only - a clan bank or something.

5. Yeah, same has happened to me, although I think it is based on your Cryptarch level - higher the level the greater the chance you'll get something awesome

6. Why should headshots kill something in only 2 shots? Most of the enemies have massively armored helms. If you just ran in on higher difficulties and 2 shot a boss, you would be breaking the difficulty. It has to be challenging or you would literally be handed items on a plate. Also - keep in mind - elemental effects do more damage depending on the enemy and the type of shield they have. Wizards for example - very weak to fire based weapons. Also - damage isn't what you need - Impact is - always go for something with higher impact. Have a read of the stat descriptions in game to get a better idea of what works best with a weapon.

7. Why shouldn't it be complex? Exotic weapons aren't meant to be thrown about like candy. They are exotic weapons. If they were frequent and easy to get - they wouldn't be exotic anymore. You have to work for these items otherwise they are completely valueless.

8. I don't understand what you mean by 'more mode'. But 'cartoony'?! I don't see the cartoony side of it. Borderlands is cartoony. This is more Mass Effect in comparison.

9. Again - this is designed to be a challenge to get. Games like this require effort and time. The more effort and time you put in, the more rewards you get. If you make something frequent, it becomes arbitrary and pointless. These games make you work for your rewards.

10. If you mean vehicles etc in Strikes. They are in no way OP Not on level 24+ heroic modes. They are also optional. You don't have to use them if you don't want to. Not sure about the PvP side though

11. If you are dying that much you shouldn't be spoon fed some assistance, you should work out why you are dying and fix it. Whether it be aborting to go and gear up elsewhere or researching how to play your class better with others.

How can I find out for sure? At a lower defense it would make sense but as I've gotten higher you'd think it would take longer to deplete.

When you aim at a low level guy he would still have that silver bar, its their defense line i think and i quote stevieboy:

Don't know about that one either. Just fire more bullets I guess. I've seen players with over 1350 defence, so wouldn't a gun that does 250 damage take 6 shots to kill them?

when i first started playing pvp most of my kills were from the back where they didn't notice me yet and kill me cause i was a low level and my gun was crap and had 90-ish damage. (pulse rifle i'm looking at you) 

Armor/attack power have no effect in PVP except for Iron Banner (which is not available currently) so your armor/attack values have no impact.

Every subclass has 3 different types of grenades so 6 (per class) times 3 (classes) is 18 different grenade types.

The silver bar is their shield, everyone has a shield in the Crucible.

There is no game with more than 6 people per side so are you sure you're playing Destiny?

Engrams are random and Decoherent engrams have a chance to reward a green item.

Sounds like you're just venting, but I'd like to address your issues.

1. Also I haven't seen any games with more than 5 on one side and the balancing seems accurate enough. Not sure what modes can have 7 on one team.

Most of it was venting but he is right on the balancing. The weapons are overpowered. Low levels don't stand a chance.