Operation Help Save PS Home

jose213jose

hmm, i'm 100% honest about what i say from the heart and think. Its true PS Home servers cost alot but Sony wants to close PS Home up for good and take way your items you brought and time you spent with PS Home now. Sony first move is to close PS Home then trying to use left over money to patch PS Home up as Offline Mode or/and Co-op Mode using cheaper servers. 

IF Sony had said PS Home will now be Offline Mode/Co-op Mode (by Co-Op Mode i meant you can invite friends into your personal space on PS Home to hang out with but not using server but PS3 as base too keep them max of 7 people allow sense PS3 has limit then PS4 version to have more then 7 later) that would have been better way to deal with this then just closing it up. 

I see this as no different than a server for a old game not enough people care about going down. Does it suck for the few who still care? Yes, but from a business standpoint it's just too costly to run and maintain for the money coming back. I think this is a smart move by Sony and am personally glad to see it go, not just because I thought it was terrible but the money could be used for something much more worthwhile and let's face it, Sony could use every nickel it can get it's hands on right now.

Also, if you actually shelled out real world money on something like a couch for this thing, I feel pretty bad for you.

I've bought a few couches. I also just spent the last half hour screen capturing all of the virtual homes I've built. I then plan to upload them to my computer and put them in a file labeled "ps home memories." Everybody's got a thing, no need to feel bad :)

I do agree though, the cons outweigh the pros on keeping ps home open. Here's hoping the money is spent for better services.

Edited by katniss1444

I have to be honest, I'm fed up reading peoples posts about PS Home and talking complete rubbish. I like Home and have used it since 2009. It's incredible how much people talk bad about it but have only spent a few minutes or hours on it. Also I find it ridiculous how sad some people are, who don't like Home and talk bad about it, but are happy to use it for a few cheap and easy Trophies. lol, If you don't like it, then that's alright, but remember that there are people who do like it and do use it, so for some people to say things like I'm happy about it being closed as Sony can put the money towards better and more important things, is incredibly selfish and wrong.

Also, In response to the OP, PS Home will be shut down on 31st March 2015 and that's it. There's nothing that we can do about it. Sony have their reasons for making this decision and it's already been made so they won't change it now. I'm alright with that decision being made and I think it's the right one but only because it's lasted long enough and it has had it's problems with Hackers.

I'm sorry, but I think you are the only person that even cares about PS Home. I might actually go back to it for the trophies before it is too late. I could care less about it. Forgot that it even existed honestly.

Edited by DanielVT

Wow, did it hurt when you all fell off your high horses? Just because YOU don't personally enjoy Home, that doesn't mean that thousands and thousands of other people have to share that same opinion. Threads like this really seem to bring out the ignorance in some people. 

On topic, I'm in agreement with this being like a developer closing an old multiplayer server. Yeah, it definitely sucks for those who still enjoy the service but if the company decides that there aren't enough people interested to maintain the server and the costs associated with it, I really can't blame them for shutting it down. I would be interested to see how active Home is these days, in terms of the amount of users.  

Parker

• Like 4

After seen so many bad remarks from everyone who doesn't have heart its shame. Trying to say i'm the only person who cares about it, sometimes people need to learn stop bad mouthing others because their were bad mouth them-self by someone else who did the same thing too you as well. :) If i was the only person who really care then check out the link to Operation Help Save PS Home @ https://www.facebook.com/OperationSavePSHome and at http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Keeping-PS-Home-Open-amp-Fighting-for-it/m-p/44558976/highlight/false#M1404269

Their are some people who have heart to care about PS Home the link to Facebook page for its community is slowly growing from users who truly care about PS Home. IF you all don't care about PS Home at all then don't flood this post with bad mouthing it. Don't even comment on this then, if i hate something i don't comment $%#$ about it i leave it alone. For real grow up, i'm shock this community on this form are sad only to the people who are bad mouth this. If you want to troll do it somewhere else okay, i'm trying my best to help this cause and people willing to fight for this who deeply care about PS Home. I don't have time for jerks who don't give $&^%^& about it. :)

Please and Thanks support us at Facebook page and forms; if you don't care about PS Home don't leave no comment of bad mouthing it.  

• Like 2

After reading Parker's comment and looking back at my initial one, I realize my word choice might have made me come off more antagonistic than intended and I apologize if it was interpreted that way. What I meant was that Sony's financial situation doesn't permit them to keep operating services like this if it's not making any profit. I can only imagine how expensive it is to run something like Home.

I fully respect and honor your cause, jose213jose, but I personally don't care about Home enough to really support it. It's a shame to see something you enjoy and have invested time and money into just be discarded. With some of the things you've said, I actually kind of wish Home can be continued for you and those who share your feelings. For those who have actually spent money in Home, I hope you are at least compensated in some way. Again, if my comment seemed even remotely hostile, I sincerely apologize. May your operation be successful.

• Like 1

I knew something like this was going to happen!

I met almost half my friendlist on home and I do like them very much. :P

So its natural that it holds sentimental value to me and a vast number of peoples who use home.

It had its fair share of problems, people weren't the nicest of beings

when it came to greeting new additions to our community, the ones that didn't dress the part usually :P

People wouldn't speak to you unless you bought something of value and placed it on your avatar... 

I guess home didn't become what sony had hoped for during the 07 screening and announcement.

I

Did Anyone Ever Used Home Before It Got Trophies?

I can honestly say I wouldn't ever had even tried it if it wasn't for trophies.

What if one day Sony told you right we are closing up the PSN and every Video Game, Music, and Movies you brought from them and on their servers is going to be close next year.

-----

Everything has reason to fight for it, what if doctor told you had only day to live. Would you give up? No, you'll fight that batter and win the war to live. :)

Wouldn't matter much, that's what I'm prepared for when I purchase anything digital anyways.

-----

I wouldn't say "give up", but rather spend that last day cherishing what I have. But what I great comparison, makes sense and all...

It's good to see a few more supportive responses here for PS Home than all the rubbish that was being said about it before. I have to agree with Parker's and Jose's comments. I don't understand people who don't like Home but want to talk bad about it on this thread, which is doing nothing to help the OP with his cause and his reason for starting this thread in the 1st place. I doubt some people here would like it if it was their favourite game was being shut down online and there was people with the same behaviour towards them as some have had on this particular thread.

As for PS Home, as much as I would love it to survive, I can't see it being continued by Sony because like I mentioned before, the decision has already been made, however I support the OP's cause and I wish you all the luck with it! :)

• Like 1

I've seen people making petitions asking for a refund on all their purchases :facepalm:

Honestly PS Home's servers has been open for as long as any game, and now with the PS4 out and less PS3 users, it was bound to get shutdown sooner or later, just be glad it wasn't a standard 30 day warning and you have a few more months to enjoy it.

Edited by Saltyie

I was reading on the PS Home Forums that there wouldn't be much point in keeping it active in an offline mode as that would also cost money, I don't know why I didn't think about that but I realise now that there isn't much chance that it'll happen since you have to think about this whole situation from a Business perspective and see how Sony aren't making as much money from Home now as they would have once done a few years back and this is for a fair few reasons (Less Sponsorship, Less Players) so, I've said before that as much as I would love Sony to keep Home open, I can't see it being done since they have already made their decision and won't change it. However, that's ok to me, I've been able to accept that and move on as I've spent enough time on Home over the years, however I wish the OP all the best in his work to help keep it open.