Do people here actually play games without thinking about Trophies?

JONNY-1992-_-

I always check the trophy list before I buy the game, but I don't care about my completion percentage. I'll go for the platinum if it's reasonable. I just cannot play the same game over and over again and/or grind just to get certain trophies. That makes the game more of a chore than a form of entertainment. I don't mean not trying for hard or long trophies, but I'm not going to play the same game 4 times to get the plat unless I REALLY love it. I also hate online trophies. I don't mind it being in the game, but don't make that a requirement to get the plat. Especially since multiplayer in many games usually seems thrown in there just to say they have it. 

Edited by Lilseb93

The first year that i start playing i didn't even care about trophies, but after that i got a bit obsessed ^_^ and got all the trophies of every game that i own. Now every time i buy a new game the first playthrough is just for fun and the second one is to get all the trophies.

yes i do  :D i usually play the game for the story
but i'f when i will play the game i will get almost all of them and there are 5-10 Trophies left to get then i will invest all my time to get them....
i'm not a trophies hunter but if i only need 5 trophies to have them all so why not i will try to get them  :D

Most the games that I already like (Street Fighter and The King of Fighters for example) I buy just for fun :) and I ending getting the platinum trophy eventually, for example when PSN was offline sometime ago I played and got the trophies envolving the trials to SFIV and SSFIV :P when PSN back online I finished the C to C one, took me almost 1 year to platinum SSFIV : 3 Same thing to KOF XIII

But when I never played some franchise,I research everything about the game and trophies are my last issue to decide to buy or not.

All-in-All if it is a Fightning Game I buy even if i won't platinum them :P Like Mortal Kombat, Chaos Code, Blazblue CSEX (Vita) and the others like God of War, Uncharted, some Kart Racing with Weopons (Modnation, Sonic Transformed)...

I think if I buy something and don't do everything at trophy list for example, my money was not worth on it :) There are a little games that I play even after platinum them like Uncharted, Resident Evil 5/6

Edited by rafael_martines

When I buy a new game, I do look at the trophy list to see if anything is blatantly missable especially after the Chains of Olympus trophy right before the final boss battle.  

Especially if theres no chapter select. 

I don't normally go for a platinum/100% unless if I really enjoyed the game and want to get the most out of it.

I don't really think about the trophies when I get or play a game. My intention is to play it for it's story or it's characters and to, at some distant point, beat it to completion. The only time I think about trophies is just out of curiosity and to see if they're an easy grab or something I'm not going to bother with.

I think it's hard to ignore trophies.

If you would turn of any notifications while playing, you admit they somehow get to you.

It depends on what you take in account when you say "thinking about trophies".

Some people will play entire games with a trophy guide next to them, they will grind no matter what.

Some people play a game first and think about what's realistic to achieve, will they grind or not.

Some people buy games that have high chance of a 100% with or without platinum

Some people just go "ow I got a trophy, no idea how I did this"

I try to ignore trophies a bit.

When you buy Aab Animals, you can't give an excuse other then just wanting trophies.

And that's not a good sign.

If you play easy free to play game, alright.

If you start paying money for games with easy trophies, you are not paying for a real entertaining game, but for unreal trophies (YEAH I SAID IT :P )

I agree with this. I am more like the people who plays a game first, then I'll try for trophies after I've finished and seen that it is possible to get the trophies. And in choosing a game, I only buy games I actually want to play. I went through a phase of wanting just trophies but regretted it because I played a lot of really crappy games. I don't do that anymore. 

I really don't pay attention to them. I only started gaming PS3 a few months back and I just don't have the time or money to game a lot.

I think they're nice for replay value, but since they've started making online specific trophies and I'm not much for online gaming (I like doing solo or split screen much better) so I don't see myself going for plats on pretty much all the games I own. Unless its something like playing or winning one online game to get it.

• Like 1

but if you want to be a good trophy hunter you have to play crappy games. Its the way it is :)

See this I completely disagree with. I don't think I've ever gone out of my way to play a crappy game just to get the trophies. Any games you see on my profile that are "questionable" are ones my kids put there. In fact, I have a ton of really good games that I'd like to play and just don't have time to... there's so much out there that unless you're trying to be like top 100 in the world or something crazy, there's absolutely no need to whore yourself out to bad games just for easy trophies.

See this I completely disagree with. I don't think I've ever gone out of my way to play a crappy game just to get the trophies. Any games you see on my profile that are "questionable" are ones my kids put there. In fact, I have a ton of really good games that I'd like to play and just don't have time to... there's so much out there that unless you're trying to be like top 100 in the world or something crazy, there's absolutely no need to whore yourself out to bad games just for easy trophies.

Exactly my point bro if you want to achieve a high level and have a target of getting into the top 100 country ranks like i am trying for then its the way forward , i just plat Gta5 again and cod and i loved them but others i have recently plat are questionable too ;)

I won't decide whether to play a game based on trophies, but if I like a game, then I'll eventually try to get to 100%. At that point it's not really the trophies per se, but rather wanting to feel like I completed everything the game had to offer. I'll do the same on games that don't even have trophies.

I only go for platinum for games that I feel are worth the effort or games I really like. If I can't get it then I happily just give up and move on to something else. With that said- I am currently sinking a lot of time into Football Manager 09 on the psp so no trophies there.

Nope, I really don't. I'm not a hardcore platinum collector, I just don't enjoy playing games that if I do end up adoring, I have a 0% chance of ever platinuming.

And then other times, I just use it as an excuse to get out of games that I've been recommended, that look terrible

Edited by Banxiee

90% of the time yes. When I finish the main story I go back and collect any missed ones, RDR is the only exception because of those stupid multiplayer trophies. I only got the GOTY edition July of last year so the servers are a ghost town by now. But then again I still play older gen consoles.

Edited by Kitty_Paine

I'm a bit sad. I'll look for trophy lists of new and upcoming games that I like the look of and make a written (YES A WRITTEN!) copy of it so that when I play said games, I can constantly see if any trophy opportunities are near!.I also try not to get games with any multiplayer trophies in them unless I really like the game in question. I try to hear the 'ding' of trophies at least 5 times a day otherwise my thoughts are full of what trophies I should've got but didn't get at bedtime!!!. So, yes, I think I might think about trophies...a little bit!. :blush: