Driveclub developers thought the servers would work properly on release date!

ZeroXOF

Eurogamer has reported on the latest Driveclub news and it's seems that servers took a hit on release. For people who don't understand technology, servers are hubs that have certain amount of spaces people can log in until it get full or has problems. My opinion is that I read what Parker wrote and agree with him that it's not a big detail as everyone was making it about to be. I do understand it's annoying but don't act like the Driveclub was the only game you brought a PS4 lol. Anyway, one thing is not so certain is compensation. 

Here's the article:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-10-13-driveclub-dev-defends-game-launch-had-confidence-servers-would-work

I do think it is pretty crazy that Sony and Evolution had an extra year to work on the game and they're still having these launch problems. I'm glad I have other games to play but they really need to get their ass into gear, fix the server issues and then let PlayStation Plus members download our version of Driveclub. 

Parker

• Like 2

Rather conflicting with the reasons why they delayed the Plus edition no? If they thought it was stable enough how did they know it actually wasn't to dely the release of the Plus edition? So they thought it WAS stable yet they delayed the Plus edition anyways? Okaaay....Man everytime I hear something about Driveclub it just reeks of bullshit.

Edited by MrManBuz

Yes it really sucks balls that this happened, but in the digital and computer age we live in, things like this are going to happen from time to time, unless you understand network coding and its volatile unpredictability, it just plain sucks that this happened before launch. I have other games i can play and once everything is up and running ill see you at the finish line!

PSNs shortcomings are only going to get more unforgivable as PS4 continues forward with a paid subscription for online play. Hopefully now the PS4 has been out for a year and more and more of it's glaring missing features are fixed, Sony can start to focus on smaller additions as well. 

I do think it is pretty crazy that Sony and Evolution had an extra year to work on the game and they're still having these launch problems. I'm glad I have other games to play but they really need to get their ass into gear, fix the server issues and then let PlayStation Plus members download our version of Driveclub. 

Parker

That's fair, but folks that actually spent money should be compensated in some fashion too.

that's where evo go wrong... they're not paid to think, they're paid to make over hyped rally/racin games then throw down the book of excuses when somethin about the game gets ridiculed...

this game does look great and from what i played, the cars handle brilliantly but the next thing to mock will be about the lack of cars, tracks and modes... 50 cars and 5 tracks portioned out with 11 variants each

once that's been mocked, it will be the ridiculous AI and then the lack of offline stuff to do... when you're not logged in it becomes an empty game of drivin the tour mode which apparently is short...

it is only early tho so im sure changes will get made, things might get added and the overall game will get smoothed out cause it does deserve some spotlight attention...

Edited by DARKSCORPONOXR

• 2 weeks later...

Although that's unlikely, the fact is that Sony and Evolution have handled this situation extremely poorly. They've been silent with regard to when gamers can expect to receive the PS+ edition. It sure would be nice if they provided status updates instead of keeping people completely in the dark.

I think it sucks that the game still isn't working properly three weeks after release while the release itself was a year late. I got the disc version so i can play but the single player is too short and the Multi / club play still isn't stable. The people who waited for the free psplus version still got nothing and in my opinion that is not a good thing for both sony and evolution.

I don't think i will get the seasonpass now becouse i lost faith. I will put my money in the crew and project cars ( if not further delayed, lol ).

• Like 1

I have the disc version too, still no challenges so platinum is unobtainable. Taking a while to get everything back together but slowly it is server issues can not always be predicted so I understand the frustration of the studio, I just want everything to be working for the paid version before the Plus version comes out or it'll just cause more issues. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I agree with that. I'm not sure what fair compensation would be though, to be honest. A free DLC pack or two, maybe?

Parker

New games one after another suck bad at release date so someone should start punishing stupid people buying games during the first month after release. I just read about AC V patches which have forced Xboner owners to download a new patch PLUS the whole damn game because the last patch disabled their game. I understood this was day or two before Ubisoft fucked up Tetris release. Unbelievable.

I'm not going to pay for Driveclub since they already delayed it by a year and told us PS+ owners won't get the full game. And what about the server problem - these guys never heard of GTA Online launch? Never pre-order anything, never.