"Hatred" Reveal Gameplay Trailer Controversial Game

Light_Infinite_

ugh. just give us Manhunt 3 already

this looks interesting but i don't see it competing with other games featuring brutal murder like Hotline Miami, Postal, and Manhunt

After the controversy and faux outrage dies down it'll get lost among the heap of titles out there for PC

ugh. just give us Manhunt 3 already

this looks interesting but i don't see it competing with other games featuring brutal murder like Hotline Miami, Postal, and Manhunt

After the controversy and faux outrage dies down it'll get lost among the heap of titles out there for PC

That was what I was thinking, if this game has a story that the world can address on then Haterd could be a smasher. This game would need a storytelling level of the walking dead or shadow of modor to catch anyone's interest.

Creative director of "hatred" on that level: "By the way, I consider 'No Russian' one of the best moments in the whole Call of Duty series!"

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/17/6994921/hatred-the-polygon-interview

ErT9EdlI41A40.gif

If he really said that he should be in an asylum, or maybe his whole family should be killed in a massacre to see his reaction. Maybe he would smile, being the maniac he looks like.

• Like 1

If he really said that he should be in an asylum, or maybe his whole family should be killed in a massacre to see his reaction. Maybe he would smile, being the maniac he looks like.

i liked that moment ! but im not a maniac ! the moment was epic surprise to FPS  standard and made the character do that shit to be a undercover agent  .

a very intense moment 

It's not the game that makes you sick.  The game/movie/book/music is just a medium. It may push you through your boundaries if you're balancing on the border

Edited by El_C4RLOS-OPS

Well, this ain't "Manhunt", but I'll still get it! Looks kinda "unique" in its own way. I like how the perspective changes to the action encounter you chose once you grab someone and shoot their brains out, or of course, stab their faces repeatedly. This still doesn't looks as manifested with intense violence, or as gory as the "Manhunt" games were, or still are.

You didn't understand the type of people we get to kill in GTA (forced by story) and the ones we kill in this Hatred game.

In GTA you kill people that are doing illegal stuff, drug dealers, pimps, weapon dealers, etc. The decision of leaving your apartment adn killing innocent people is totally voluntary, whereas in this game the protagonist doesn't kill only those that are messing with his deals/life, he just kills any pedestrian that he finds, and that's how it differs from GTA.

Well, yeah, killing civilians is sometimes up to you in the GTA games when in free roam. But there were missions where you're forced to torture, or kill innocents.  But with "Hatred", you already know what you'll be playing against if you get it, which is killing hundreds and hundreds of innocent people in grotesque ways. Buuuuuuuuuuut BUYING the game is voluntary as well, hence, if people think it's too violent, disturbing, disgusting, messed up, well, easy: They shouldn't get the game, or rather, ignore it or just forget about it. There's obviously people who likes/wants these kind of games, like me. (And no, doesn't means I'm a psycho, or am interested in killing people.) But I can understand why people are racking up a controversy about this game, even though most people are overreacting, and act as if this is the first game in where it requires you to kill hordes of innocent people.

My 2 cents? Don't get this, its truly disgusting. Comparing it to games like GTA is silly, in that game the deaths are goofy and afterwards the peoples bodies just sort of awkwardly ragdoll onto the ground. It's supposed to be fun only because you get to see how they react, in this game the deaths are gruesome and the people literally beg for their life with wide-eyes before getting there heads blown off. The graphics are super good looking which only makes it look worse. I don't like these kind's of games. "Y'ALL NEED JESUS!" 

Trailer alone has some horrible glitches in the "finishing move" animations. I mean one guy is almost floating in mid-air when the killer stabs him. This game itself will only sell because of the controversy, but will be a shoddy mess like Expendables 2 game or other isometric shooter that failed.

This game itself will only sell because of the controversy, but will be a shoddy mess like Expendables 2 game or other isometric shooter that failed.

This is what I'd assume as well. 

But while I'm mentally stable enough to understand the difference between video games and reality, I really think that making game(s) like this won't do jack shit against the "political correctness", and instead just portray videogaming in general in bad light.

Still, if the game would appear nice and worth ten bucks or something, I'd probably get it.

I first I thought this was bad.. but now I think it's great. 

If anything it shows the hypocrisy in many people.. 

Westerner's were happy to send troops into the middle east.. untold amounts of innocent civilians were killed there..

America Nuked Japan.. killed thousands of innocents. 

Look at the Gaza Strip, Muslims killing Jews and vice versa.. everywhere you look, innocents are being killed for no reason, or just because they believe in different things. 

As humans, we're brilliant at killing other people. 

What's the difference? Oh now there's a game where you yourself kill fake, non existent people pixels.. ohh that's bad, but killing hundreds of thousands of innocents in one country because terrorism!.. that's fine.. 

Yeah, no.

The game has jack shit on reality, reality is way fucking worse.

People crying about this game, need to grow up. 

Even if I hated this game, I'd still support it, I think authors and game devs should be able to make anything and write about anything they want. 

Its all "fun & games" until its for realz. I see a lot of comparisons and parallels being made to the GTA series, but I believe it to be very different. While indeed you have the OPTION of playing most games in the series (and other open world games) similar to this one, it isn't the primary premise of those games. This game is based around someone who's sole purpose is to kill as many innocent lives as possible AND to die in the process. All in the most realistc way and setting possible.

Sorry but this sounds too much like the real life mass shootings that has claimed the lives of many innocent people including children. I believe that developers along with the gaming community have a responsibility to collectively draw the line somewhere. Personally, I don't want to become so hardened to fictional violence where the implications of something like this doesn't phase me at all. My humanity is not for sale...

Now I'm not a psychologist, but I don't think any mass murders have that kind of mindset. 

"I just fucking hate this world, and the human worms feasting on it's carcass"

Sure they do, they're called sociopaths. Some of the worse individuals one could possibly cross paths with:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisocial_personality_disorder

Edited by merciful84
  • Like 2

Murder is pretty disturbing regardless what the game is. That being said, why is it that killing humans in video games gets people up in arms over this? What about when we kill animals, creatures ect I bet they have video game families yet we murder them for loot or for a quest. 

Indeed all life is precious but if you don't understand the significance of human life then perhaps you don't truely understand what it is that makes you "human". If you do, then you already should know the answer to your own question. If not, given the mentality of the lead character of this game, this should be right up your alley...

Edited by merciful84

Indeed all life is precious but if you don't understand the significance of human life then perhaps you don't truely understand what it is that makes you "human". If you do, then you already should know the answer to your own question. If not, given the mentality of the lead character of this game, this should be right up your alley...

Just wondering why you're angry over something petty like this? Should not tell people what they can, & can't play. That goes for anybody. I understand not selling your humanity out ect but you don't have to play the game. Nobody is forcing anybody here to play violent games if they don't want to. All life isn't precious tbh because you got nations, corporations, regular joes taking life, what ya got, or destroying this planet at this moment in the real world. I love life & let's face it. Humanity is both beautiful & ugly at the same time.

Edited by LordHoBagBeater
  • Like 1

Just wondering why you're angry over something petty like this? Should not tell people what they can, & can't play. That goes for anybody. I understand not selling your humanity out ect but you don't have to play the game. Nobody is forcing anybody here to play violent games if they don't want to. All life isn't precious tbh because you got nations, corporations, regular joes taking life, what ya got, or destroying this planet at this moment in the real world. I love life & let's face it. Humanity is both beautiful & ugly at the same time.

Not so much angry as baffled. To equate an animal's life to a person's is just ludacris and pisses all over the validity of any arguement you bring to the conversation. Yeah, actually we "should tell people what they can and can't do"...they're called rules...they're called laws....they're what keep people responsible and in line especially when they don't know the fundamental difference in human and animal life.

I know I don't have to play the game but I do have to live in a world of its potential consequences. Things of this nature don't just impact the individual but has the potential to impact society...a continual numbing of generations of a culture that validates real life senseless violence. The more irresponsible developers that make games like these; the more irresponsible people that make it ok for them to see the light of day; the more people start to not give a shit when a real mass shooting happens.

Like I said before, its only a game that people are entitled to play until its your kid, your friend, or your loved one that's killed in the type mindless violence that this promotes.

Edited by merciful84

Not so much angry as baffled. To equate an animal's life to a person's is just ludacris and pisses all over the validity of any arguement you bring to the conversation. Yeah, actually we "should tell people what they can and can't do"...they're called rules...they're called laws....they're what keep people responsible and in line especially when they don't know the fundamental difference in human and animal life.

I know I don't have to play the game but I do have to live in a world of its potential consequences. Things of this nature don't just impact the individual but has the potential to impact society...a continual numbing of generations of a culture that validates real life senseless violence. The more irresponsible developers that make games like these; the more irresponsible people that make it ok for them to see the light of day; the more people start to not give a shit when a real mass shooting happens.

Like I said before, its only a game that people are entitled to play until its your kid, your friend, or your loved one that's killed in the type mindless violence that this promotes.

All life is important & I never said an animal life is more important than a humans life.  They also bring life & such to this planet just like us. You can't deny them the right to live in peace & have a life of their own.  You seem to think otherwise. Laws don't keep people responsible since laws are broken over & over. People are the ones that keep themselves responsible. Laws are there to remind us what we can & can't do but then again. There are plenty of bad laws wherever you go telling us what we can't do. Senseless violence? Welcome to planet Earth. Our history has been covered in tons of senseless violence since the beginning. Maybe you didn't know. Thanks for the fear mongering.

Edited by LordHoBagBeater